Not sure how this hotel is listed as Sol Gavilanes as it really is the Sol Falco.
As two mature couples we stayed at this hotel for one week from the 28th June. We had read TripAdvisor reviews which were generally good but were a little concerned as this is primarily a family hotel where there would be a lot of children. We need not have worried. The hotel is so spaciously designed that you can always find a quiet spot. The hotel is extremely well run. every member of the staff seems to know what their job is and they get on with it in a friendly and efficient manner. The fabric of the hotel is in very good condition and all areas are well maintained. The gardens are quite extensive. The food quality and choice is as good as I have experienced and is much better than some four star hotels that I have stayed in. Food is constantly replenished so always looks appealing. We did not experience the entertainment apart from hearing it on the terrace as the entertainment hall although large, is extremely cramped as the hotel tries to get as many people as possible in to see it. The location of the hotel is very good being a short walk along a well made up path to the beach. A bus stop is right outside the hotel making it very easy to visit the old city of Ciutadella at a cost of 1.95 euro per person each way. A taxi will cost approx 16 euro.
The only negative comment is that the only bar in use in the evening is in the entertainment hall so this bar even though the staff are very efficient is very busy.
Overall, you will not fail to enjoy your stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia presents SOL FALCO All Inclusive hotel, is just 250m fron the beach, 700m from the leisure, shopping and entertainment facilities and the marina. The recently renovated rooms with modern and elegant décor are characterised by their brightness, with light and fresh colours. 7 outdoor swimming pools and one children’s pool. We also have a pool for guests seeking that extra bit of peace and quiet. Buffet offering two show-cooking stations. Lounge Bar & Snack Bar-Restaurant. The Sol Falcó All Inclusive provides, amongst its services and facilities, the Katmandu Adventures, the newest branded children’s resort club experience. Varied evening entertainment programme with musicals by our in-house production team, plus new shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sol Falco by Melia -All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Falco Hotel Cala`n Bosch
- Sol Melia Ciudadela
- Sol Falco Ciudadela
- Sol Falco By Melia -All Inclusive Menorca, Spain