“Exellent place to eat when being at the island of Menorca” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Marina Restaurant

La Marina Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Cala'n Bosch
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exellent place to eat when being at the island of Menorca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am coming with my family since more than 10 years to Menorca.
We enjoy good premium Restaurants and visited a lot of them on the whole island.
In “La Marina” we profit from the ambition of Biel and his family to turn a first visitor to a regular customer. This also has happen with our family. We enjoy the quality of food,
the location of the restaurant, the professionalism of Gabriel and the charm of Isabelle. During vacation the attraction of a restaurant for customers with unlimited time is a total offer concept: The welcome, the starter, the main dish, the desert, the wine competence, the service and at the end also the price / performance.
All this is so attractive at La Marina that we visit this nice place more often than any other restaurant..

1234 IGeneva, Switzerland

1 Thank Mya12013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Manchester
“One of the best in the marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Can't decide whether this place or Aquarium is the best as we had great meals at both last week.

The service was really friendly in here, it's a family run business and we were staying in a villa also owned by them (although the people serving us weren't aware of this until the end of our meal and they were great all the way through).

We ate out so much I can't remember what we had for our starters! - Be we had no complaints. For mains, I had seabass which was beautifully cooked and beautifully presented. It was my favourite dish of the whole holiday. We asked one of the friendly waiters for recommendations for pud and we weren't disappointed with the chocolate and rasberry delights we received.

The location is also good looking out over the marina. Really great, thanks very much!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Sometimes the cheaper deals are the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our last evening we decided to try the set menu for 15.50 and came away feeling it was one of the best meals all holiday. The waiters were friendly and helpful giving more detail to each dish there was also three options in each section to choose from. I had the slow roast lamb which was heavenly, hubby had the pork with figs in a cheese sauce which he was delighted with. The atmosphere was relaxed and it was nice to see the staff interacting with there customers a very welcoming and clean place

Wirral, United Kingdom
“A touch of class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I only spent one day in Cala'n Bosch and liked the look of La Marina when I strolled around the Lago. I don't usually eat out alone... but it did look inviting, so I took the plunge and went in for lunch on my own.

The waiter was very welcoming, clearing the extra place-setting without a comment, and assuring me it would be fine just to have a salad and a drink.

I choose the 'ensalada de pera' - which was quite substantial, including pear, Mahon cheese and crispy jamon as well as green leaves, and various shredded vegetables. Along with crusty bread, it was very fresh & tasty. The house dry white wine was a Torres, so I managed 2! The bill was about 14e, which I thought was very reasonable.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Doncaster
“Not the worst meal we've had but not the best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My starter was sizzling garlic prawns -they were served red hot in a dish of oil and garlic pieces. I actually counted 6 tiny prawns which were fried to a crisp. My husband had the white bait, which he enjoyed. We both had fillet steak served with a vegetable stack and baked potato. It was well presented and full of flavour. The best bit was my dessert which was chocolate fudge cake.
We also visited on two more occasions for afternoon coffee and discovered the really nice caramel apple cake, which I can recommend.

Visited September 2013