“A touch of class”

Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Cala'n Bosch
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I only spent one day in Cala'n Bosch and liked the look of La Marina when I strolled around the Lago. I don't usually eat out alone... but it did look inviting, so I took the plunge and went in for lunch on my own.

The waiter was very welcoming, clearing the extra place-setting without a comment, and assuring me it would be fine just to have a salad and a drink.

I choose the 'ensalada de pera' - which was quite substantial, including pear, Mahon cheese and crispy jamon as well as green leaves, and various shredded vegetables. Along with crusty bread, it was very fresh & tasty. The house dry white wine was a Torres, so I managed 2! The bill was about 14e, which I thought was very reasonable.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My starter was sizzling garlic prawns -they were served red hot in a dish of oil and garlic pieces. I actually counted 6 tiny prawns which were fried to a crisp. My husband had the white bait, which he enjoyed. We both had fillet steak served with a vegetable stack and baked potato. It was well presented and full of flavour. The best bit was my dessert which was chocolate fudge cake.
We also visited on two more occasions for afternoon coffee and discovered the really nice caramel apple cake, which I can recommend.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great service, waiters were very attentive.
My boyfriend had the special which was monkfish, and found it to be moist and flavoursome. I had the suckling pig, which could have done with a bit more flavour, also the portion size was massive and I couldn't finish it.
Value for money was ok, around 50 euros for starter, two mains and sangria.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The staff here were very attentive and welcoming with the days specialities explained. The quality and presentation of the food was second to none and would recommend the restuarant to anyone visiting Cala'n Bosch

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just returned from lovely week in Cala n Bosch, Menorca. However, eating out around the marina - although a lovely setting - was disappointing. Food nothing to write home about but a little pricey none the same. Cafe Balear - number 1 on Trip Advisor - was very underwhelming (steak and fish dishes eaten). However, La Marina was the best we ate at - excellent, friendly service and better food than anywhere else we had tried. So the moral of the story - ignore Trip Advisor - which makes this review rather pointless!