“The best on the harbour”
Review of Es Tast de na Silvia - MOVED

Es Tast de na Silvia
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed in Cala'n Bosch for 10 days and this was the only restaurant that we ate in more than once (3 times in fact).

Food was beautiful, the service was great, quite slow but as a meal should be, no hovering over you to see if you have finished a course to get the next people in.

I had the set 3 course meal of the day on all 3 occasions and it never dissapointed, my husband opted for dishes off the main menu and was happy with these too. Some really unusual combinations such as pork fillet with strawberries which trust me was well worth a try.

Highly recommended

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The place looks nice - friendly service, classical music in the background... but the food was very average. Neither the starter (simple sliced tomatoes with menorquan cheese) nor the main course (canneloni with unidentified fillings) was anything to be repeated. I was the only one at our table who wanted to drink white wine, but they didn't have small bottles of wine like most other restaurants. So I ordered a glass of the housewine - which was literally no more than 2 (child's) fingers full, but still very pricy! When I commented on it, the waiter said that he had nothing to do with it- it's 'the machine' that pores the wine, he just pressed the button :S. It's that type of stinginess that really puts me off... I would not recommend this place - there are better restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Esther A
Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the ambience of the décor, including a water feature, to the very attentive service, to the very tasty food - this was a clear cut above the other restaurants. The low price just made it all the more satisfying.

I work in a Michelin recommended restaurant myself, so highly recommend this.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went on Tripadvisor before visiting Cala'n Bosch in September 2012 and after reading reviews for the restaurants chose Es Tast de na Silvia for our first (and subsequent) evening meal. We were not disappointed with our choice, we chose the set menu and the food was delicious, well presented and excellent value for money. Tony (the owner,waiter and husband of Silvia who does all the cooking) is very proud of their restaurant and rightly so, there is no need for him to stand outside handing out leaflets trying to draw you in, his reputation for an excellent eatery is well known on the marina, if the locals eat there it tells you something and they do regularly. Out of fourteen evenings we ate there twelve times, on his Wednesday nights off we ate at two other restaurants on the Marina - no contest!! Will certainly return on our next visit to Cala'n Bosch.

2  Thank hallj
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We tried the set menu as based on reviews seemed worth a try. The gratinated scallop starter was simply one scallop chopped -sacrilege! with filling and grilled. The fish soup starter was fine. I had lamb chops which were ok and my wife a fish course. My dessert was described as a creme brulee but turned out to be a milky concoction with no caramelized topping, most weird though tasted reasonable.Clearly a two person operation one in kitchen one out front. It was not overly busy and little atmosphere but waiter apologised a number of times for poor service which was not necessary as we were in no rush. Over all just an average experience and from menu in no rush to go back.n

1  Thank Jodian