“Such good food.”

Sa Cova Cala'n Blanes
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a little gem , the food is excellent and they normally have a fish of the day , we were told " today's fish is being cooked , Tomorrows fish is in the sea "

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (285)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First and foremost the restaurant sits right on the beach with great views and the sound of the sea in your ears.
With a friendly smile you are shown to your table. At this time the waiter informs you of the fresh fish of the day and any other specials.
We chose the tuna and the sole. Both turned out to be superb choices.
Eating by the sea always feels special, but the food needs to match. Thankfully Sa Cova stepped up and delivered.

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

James is a legend. Visited in May this year. Returned in September and he gave us the best welcome. Would recommend the food and drink to everyone

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

I'd read lots of good reviews for Sa Cova and sun bathed next to it many times, so we wanted to go there for dinner to enjoy their food along with the view.

We shouldn't have.

We had a couple of cocktails inside the cove first. My mojito had old scraggy pieces of lime in it. When sat to eat, the menu wasn't as inspirational as I'd hoped, but we cracked on. We ordered garlic prawns and calamari a la plancher for starters and a pizza and the lamb chops for mains. They brought all the food out together!

The prawns were good but the calamari was luke warm. I think they sat there, waiting for the rest of the food to be made.

My gf's chops were okay, but they come served with chips and salad, not exactly menorcan. She did have the chips subbed for cubed potatoes, but that's not the point.

My pizza was on a blatantly frozen, pastry-like base. The cheese on it was okay, but the salami had to flavour at all.

We won't be going back and I recommend you give it a wide birth. There are far better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

Had a beautiful trip to Menorca at the end of August with my family. Service everywhere was of a very high standard, except this place! Rude man behind the bar with absolutely no clue how to talk to customers. If you don’t like your job you should get another one as customer facing is not for you

Date of visit: August 2019