We arrived in the afternoon and just got into a taxi straight to the Fuertesol.
Check in was fine, the receptionist was very polite and allowed us to change the choice of room given to us facing the road, we were allocated a bungalow, in the 400 rows at the back of the complex and very quiet .
Our bungalow was opposite the cat café, which is operated by a British charity where people can feed the stray cats, a brilliant idea where lots of people left food and water for the cats.
The rooms were spotless but basic, however for what we paid we were happy although there were very few items if you wanted to cater for yourself, a toaster kettle and hob, one large saucepan and a frying pan.
The view from our terrace was good we could enjoy the planes going directly overhead and we had a distant sea view behind us were private residences so a good position.
Planes do go over but they are not a problem, where ever you are in De Fueste you will see and hear them.
There is a small play area for children with a few slides and rides but due to the time of year did not get much use.
Unfortunately previous reviewers are correct, the beds are awful and normally I can sleep anywhere, they are noisy and you do wake anyone else in the room when you turn over they do need replacing.
Cleaning and towel changing happen every day except Sunday and Thursday, sheets are changed once a week.
The pool is large and clean however the loungers are tatty ,no problem getting a lounger on the two days that we used the pool area. The pool bar offers happy hour at certain times and again is clean, also next to the pool area is a book swap, very handy when you have read what you take with you just leave one and take one.
Directly outside the complex is the bus stop which comes and goes to the airport, we paid 12 euros for a taxi from the airport the bus fare is 1.40 euros I know which one we will use next time. We did catch the bus back to the airport 3 days into our stay to collect our hire car [Gold Car never use them again] another story sufficient to say the extras added on to the original price paid when we booked doubled the price, everyone there was caught like this,but having already paid up front we were all stuck literally they take you to an industrial estate to collect the car. The bus journey to the airport was easy
Just past the bus stop is the underpass which leads to bars and restaraunts, take your pick there's lots of them .
Next to the bus stop is the open area where the Tuesday and Sunday market is held again all very close to the Fuertesol.
Come out of the complex go under the underpass and head right along the foot path a nice 15 minute stroll will take you to the Atlantico centre, there is a large Spar shop here where its cheaper to buy what you need than the local supermarkets. Also there are some nice shops for browsing and a trip centre where you can book various excursions. When you have finished in the centre downstairs at the back entrance is a British run café/coffee shop nice for a drink after shopping the café leads to the best beach in the area.
If you want to go to the harbour the little train leaves near the Fuertesol and will take you there and back quite a novelty.
The fuertesol is not a luxury accommodation it is basic and clean and best of all central to everything, its reasonably priced for a break in the warm sun we believe its good value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bungalows Fuertesol are centrally located near a wide variety of Shops, Bars, Restaurants, Marina, Cinemas, 2 Golf Courses, Casino, Nightly Entertainment and a variety of Outdoor Activities..... The Sandy Beach is safe and secure, is just 550 meters away. These 110 bungalows (2 Keys) are of great interest for families and couples looking for a relaxed atmosphere in a central location. They are all ground floor units, 1-bedroom with fully equipped kitchens and bathrooms, with Sunny Terraces and Gardens surrounded by native plants ..... It has a large outdoor Pool with a children's section. There is a Quiet Bar-Restaurant where you can enjoy all kinds of refreshing drinks and tasty snacks. Breakfast is a selection of several hot dishes, filled with pastries and drinks served at table. The client also has a number of options that can be hired at reception, Safe Box, Wi-Fi, Sun Umbrellas, TV, Fans, Coffee Express, Iron, Hair Dryers, Laundry, Early Arrival, Late Check Out, etc.. "Bungalows Fuertesol is a good choice for a Basic and Quiet accommodation, with a good value for money." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fuertesol Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuertesol Bungalows Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Fuertesol Bungalows Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste