“5 star Creche 4 star hotel”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed April 26, 2014

First of all the hotel is good if you go with children , dont go if you dont have them.

We were there over Easter.and have never seen so many children at a hotel.
Rooms are of a good size but the only English speaking TV channels are news others have german and French with multiple channels.
Free wifi is non existant and if you get on very slow.
Toiletries were not replaced in the 6 days we were there.
Whilst there was a fresh coffee machine in the room we only had it replaced twice.
If you want a sunbed you need to go out at 7.30 am and lay down towels as by after 8 all are taken with towels.
There is a pool bar but in the first few days it was go get your own until we filled out a survey sheet and next day waiters appeared.
The sunbeds are poor quality for a 5 star
The buffet restaurants gave a good selection but was better to eat late as it was busy early on.
The one thing that is done well is the childrens entertainment.
The main pool was quite cold byt the Childrens and the others were warm but busy.
There is a supermarket near by in a small mall to the right of the back gate.
Its about a twenty minute walk to the main village shops and bars.

Room Tip: The garden rooms tend to be dark upper floors get more sun
1  Thank RandBCheshire
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear traveller,

Thank you for pointing out the issues on which we still have work to do. I hope that they did not overshadowed your overall experience and you still enjoyed your vacations. I would like to apologize if neither toiletries nor the coffee were replenished. This is not the way we wish to serve our clients and certainly will address it with our Housekeeping Manager. You don’t mention in your review if after calling the Guest Services, this has been remedied so I only hope that whatever the request or claim was, my team has solved it for you.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Just about to leave hotel after a week and have to admit it was bg far the best hosting I ever had in an hotel I stayed. And I stayed in a few over the years in various places and countries.
From the moment I came through the door I was taken care of with check in and luggage. I was quite late due to flight delays but the welcoming environment I found cheered me up for the rest of the night.
Left luggage in the amazing room they prelaired for me and headed to the lobby bar where for a week I was cared for by Jeremy, Andrea, Oscar, Paco and Ruben to name the one I got closer to.
Jeremy makes the best Mojitos by far in Fuerteventura and I have to bo back a few years to find a similar taste.
The food is excellent. I did book bead and breakfast but ended up paying for dinners everynight there as it was an assurance of quality and freshness. In the end was surprised by how cheap it was for a 5 star hotel.
Isidro and all his staff were amazing in restaurant Los Arcos e Lo Faro.
Isidro was so kind as to every norbing when we rented a car, to write a rota for us with best places to visit. I do know a lot of Fuerteventura in 2 days, due to his good directions.
Another person who impressed me was Julio, a Brazilian who is part of mangement who sorted few things for us as well and made the staying a very, very pleasant one.
Feom top to toe, no matter the position in the hotel, the whole of the structure is well mounted to make sure your stay is one to remember.
Well catered for, no doubt about it.
Loads of great personalities around but have to name Isidro, Jeremy, Ruben, Andreia and Oscar.
Will definitely return

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Sheraton offers as expected great service, lovely bars (we really enjoyed the piano bar), elegant restaurants and nice and spacious rooms.
We had hoped for 24 hour room service, a larger selection in the minibar and movie channels on the TV.
We plan to come back!

Room Tip: We thought that the normal rooms, but with a sea view was well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henrik Urup S

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation and for commenting about your experience on Tripadvisor. I’m sorry to hear that there were details which weren’t up to your expectations but I believe that your overall experience has been a positive one.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We returned from the Sheraton yesterday and will definitely be going back next year! Lovely hotel, great location, spotlessly clean ! It was a special anniversary for my husband and I and our sons 6 th birthday during our stay. The management surprised us with a cake and champagne in our room which they also upgraded free of charge when we checked in.They also arranged a birthday cake for my son in the restaurant.They could not of done more for us.All the staff are attentive and very professional can't fault the way the hotel is managed. Food for the adults is amazing, the only thing I would suggest they improve is the children's buffet, it was pasta bake every day or rice with sausages cut up in it. Perhaps some croquet potatoes, carrots ,small chicken breast etc would of been very welcome.Mcdonalds is 5 minutes away so we did go there once or twice for the children.Please be aware that in the evening men need long trousers for the restaurant and a shirt, ladies pack a maxi dress or 2. The weather was warm but windy and you did need a cardigan in the evening too. Kids club is 10am til 4 pm daily with a mini disco at 8 pm every night, this was all very good and our boys loved it! Although they were sometimes 15 minutes late opening up in the morning. I love going to a spa but at €65 for a manicure I didn't bother ! If you are looking for a good quality family hotel then you won't go far wrong here, we are already looking to book for next year !

Room Tip: They are all good !
1  Thank Jacquithomas0101

Dear guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I’m delighted to learn that you had such a nice time among us and highly appreciate your recommendations. Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to greet each other during your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

First time staying here bit disappointed at the location far from nowhere and right under the main flight path although interested in flying it got a bit boaring after a while hotel very quite which suited us fine as I've just recover from an illness most disappointed at the evening entertainment (one man and a piano)and the bar prices nothing under 5 euros?
Staff overall helpfull but keen to grab your euros, very clean and tidy but will we go back NO seen and stayed in a lot better sorry oh

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mcp1342
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just spent 9 nights here having been here previously in October 2012. We stayed in one of the Presidential suites which are extremely spacious and comfortable and had a huge roof terrace. There didn't appear to be any other extra special touches associated with booking the highest category of room which was mildly disappointing but we did receive a free visit to the spa as returning guests, although as noted by others, this should probably be free in any case. This truly is a family orientated hotel and we have three girls aged 6, 4 and 7 months. The two older ones loved Yambaland and the team there do a great job right into the evening. The pools are great and although at points there weren't enough sun beds a quick call to the management and more appeared. They just started renting out balinese day beds by the pool at a cost of 15 euros per day, which we did one day and there is a lifeguard on duty all the time throughout the day. I even saw two different lifeguards check the first aid kit at the start of the day which is always encouraging and wore gloves when treating a girl that had hurt her foot. Love the beach here, it is right outside the hotel and very safe for the kids, hired a pedalo one day which was good fun.

The food is good in the buffet although was fairly chaotic at times as the hotel was quite busy, but you never waited more than 5 mins for something to be replenished or cooked. We didn't try the a la cartes but did try the verandah where we thought the food was excellent.

I will just reiterate my grumbles from last time and which have been repeated countless times by others on here, but which remain the same as our last visit. Wifi - no self respecting 5 * hotel should be charging for wifi, by definition the people coming to this hotel are usually professionals whose responsibilities do not disappear because they have gone on holiday, this is poor and is one of the reasons the review does not get 5 stars, I am afraid it is something that really irks me. The second is the heat in the gym. Again, as noted by others it is sweltering in there but no effort has been made to remedy the situation despite multiple reviewers noting it as an issue.

We will be returning as we really like this hotel and feel that our children are safe and have a great time, but it would be nice if the management could address the consistent issues reviewers have.

1  Thank MrMatski1976
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have just returned from the Sheraton having spent 2 week stay over Easter, I never normally write any reviews but feel compelled to let people know what a fantastic hotel this is. The food, staff, location and cleanliness are of a very high standard, we will definitely return next year. If you are going and you have young children they will absolutely love this hotel there is much for them to do, and the staff in the kids club are brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2014
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!