“Mixed stay at Sheraton Fuerteventura”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Mixed stay at Sheraton Fuerteventura”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Starting with the positives, our 2 children made friends and enjoyed the kids club and activities. The food was always hot and of good quality, each evening is themed but there are also steaks or fish on offer. The surrounding area is quiet and although we had sunshine most days, it is very windy!! Unfortunately our holiday was blighted by two incidents in the hotel, firstly we had cockroaches in our room (218) which at first we dealt with best we could without the children knowing but then when it became impossible to hide and I came accross the previous occupants feed back form which confirmed there was a problem it stated " something needs to be done about the cockroaches in this room!". After being told to pack up our belongings we waited to be moved. A few hours passed and we were then told there was now no room available until the following day and so we had to stay put. This caused great inconvenience as we couldn't find essentials that evening at bedtime and felt like we were living out of our suitcase. The next day we were offered a disabled room with no shower or a ground floor room which was just below our current room. Hmmm hardly an improvement we offered to pay more if this was what was required to have a higher floor. Fortunately at this point the Manager Francisco Brisco became involved and said a room would be available after lunch. For our inconvenience he compensated us with a Spa voucher, we went as a family and thoroughly enjoyed this. Our second incident occured when after leaving my new monsoon beach dress over a cabinet in our room I picked it up to find a white bleach mark on it. As I inspected the surface there was a small pool of liquid which appeared to smell of bleach (the cleaners had left the room 5 mins previously). I telephoned down to reception and after half an hour of someone saying they would come and hadn't I phoned again asking to speak to a manager. A lady called "Tonya" telephoned back and told me catergorically that no bleach is used for cleaning. I did feel as though she did not believe me and so I asked her to come to inspect this for herself before it dried up and the evidence was gone. No one came my husband went down to reception twice to ask for someone to come and no one did so in the end I went down with the dress and waited for Tonya to come out from the back room. Eventually she came out to greet me and was still adament that it couldn't be bleach but agreed to come and see. Luckily for me the bleach hadn't yet dried and so I asked her to touch and smell the liquid this obviously wasnt evidence enough for her so she had hold of my dress and appeared to be looking at the wash label but then to my horror dipped the dress in the liquid for a 2nd time! Proof enough that she didn't believe me. Sure enough the colour drained from the garment and I think her words were "o dear" and " it does seem there is some type of bleach in the cleaning product" no apology for what had happened. When I stated that I was more annoyed that she made me feel like I was lying she just said "No, not at all". This womans approach to management is to prove the customer wrong and then deal with the outcome as required. And there was no language barrier it was very obvious she knew what had happened. Moreover the dress being ruined is one thing but if my children had of touched the bleach and rubbed their eyes for instance it could have been very serious. As we were flying home the next day I never saw my dress again or the delightfully rude Tonya but Francisco was back at work and spoke with my husband at Breakfast he made sure our room bill was adjusted accordingly as compensation and apologised for what had happened. To sum up I rarely write comments or complete feedback forms even though we hoilday around 3 x a year but on this occassion I felt the need to. Yes incidents happen and we were unlucky, however it is how they are dealt with by the people who should be trying to make your holiday enjoyable that matters. Francisco Brisco thankfully is the one person who makes the difference at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Room 325 was lovely and had full sea/pool view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Talltrees65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, UK
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed in the Sheraton with my wife and two young sons in December 2013. The hotel is a short taxi ride from the airport the cost of which is around 13 Euros. The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Caleta de Fuste. It is a 15 minute walk into the town. There is a nice promenade alongside the beach part of the way but then it ends as its construction is not yet complete. It is easier to walk on the pavement alongside the road. There is a supermarket and small shopping centre with a few cafes a couple of minutes in the other direction.

We stayed in a suite which was very spacious. It had a large double bed, two fold-away beds for the kids and there was still lots of space in the room. The bathroom has a jacuzzi bath, walk in shower and separate toilet. There were two sinks outside the bathroom and a very large walk-in wardrobe - one of the biggest I have seen anywhere, with a safe for valuables. There was a large balcony with two sun chairs and two sun beds with a view of both the beach and pools. The room was quite a long walk from the lifts down to reception although there was a nearer lift with access to the pool area.

The facilities of the hotel are very good - two large pools and one pool for small children, a kids club, 18 hole mini golf course, games room with table tennis, pool table, etc. There is a beach with direct access from the hotel. They have live music at the bar most evenings. When we were there in December the temperature was OK if you were in the sun and sheltered from the wind but it was too cold to go on the beach and the adult pools were cold.

We were half board. The breakfast was standard for a holiday hotel. The dinner was typical for Spain - OK but not high quality and limited choice for vegetarians.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
South Wales
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We visited the hotel(2adults & 5yr old) for a week during half term February, where we had booked a deluxe sea view room (5th floor) on a b&breakfast basis. The room was immaculate(516) all needs catered for, and the only downside was that we received the sun in morning & not afternoon, though we asked to the possibility of a move the hotel was at near capacity and therefore stayed where we were, but this did not cause us a problem as were generally out in the good weather all day. The breakfast (tho very busy) never felt like a chore and we always had a table on the terrace outside which made it a little more enjoyable in our opinion. We ate at the el faro restaurant twice and found food to be of a very high standard, but waiters need a little training I felt, to offer the expected level of service at a 5* a la carte restaurant. This said it would not or indeed did not deter us, and we only wished it was open all evenings of our stay ( you do need to book in advance though ). The kids pool was an excellent area and little 1 certainly enjoyed, the playground was in good order but the mini golf( which my son adores) is in need of some tlc to say least(tho again we did play twice), kids club available but not used as pool and beach more than enough fun for us. Highest praise I can offer is that We shall return (for 3rd time) but hope the mini golf has been revamped.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Bill-James3545
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here with 3 other couples playing golf. We had deluxe rooms overlooking the sea (would suggest overlooking pool to maximise sun in the afternoon). Very comfortable and staff were very attentive and the food on offer (via breakfast and evening buffet) was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Great place for a family holiday with beach next door, close to airport and a nice walk into small town. Also supermarket a few hundred yards away. We had shuttle bus every day to take us to golf club and we left our clubs there at no charge. Walk-in shower was great. Only very small grumble would be the cheap plastic coffee maker (kettle would be better) and, of course, as the name of the island states, you may have some strong winds! But a great place to stay and their bar prices won't make your eyes water!

Room Tip: As I say, I would normally go for sea view, but very windy to sit on balcony. Sun was around more in...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
anglesey
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel was a fantastic place to stay, the junior suite we had was second to none, the views from the balcony where excellent, the food was also fantastic with a different theme every evening in the restaurant, the hotel was a pleasure to stay in

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gets the sun all day
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taffyapple65
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Just minutes away from the airport (€1,40 by local bus to get to hotel), and short walking distance to get to shopping areas including Eurospar. Hotel itself is a great place to relax, and not only golden sandy beach is just steps away, but you might just wish to stay at the pool area (2 of 3 pools are heated), where activities like waterpolo, or volleyball matches are organized daily (or depending on occupancy at the hotel). Junior Suite we stayed in was lovely, but a bit too dark (you do not really get much of a sun in right wing, try to get left one). When it comes to dining, you might also choose hotel's restaurants, which prices are very similar to the ones in the city, but are definitely better quality. Overall, enjoyable stay for reasonable value.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natalia Z
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We did book a Junior Suite as we travelled with my boy 12 years and my boyfriens boy 16 and I was so happy the room was so big. We had a dressing room a big bathroom with a lovely Jacuzzi Bath and a separate toilet a big terrasse with Sea View.
The only issue was that we arrived at around 10h in the Hotel and we received our room at around 15h30. I think they should do an effort and make sure that the rooms are clean for people arriving early so that the people can have the rooms at least at around 13h.
We had half board and breakfast was very good a lot of variety even salmon and champagne.
The only negative was the Tennis Court and the Mini Golf they should try too look at it as it was not in a good state. No free Wifi in the rooms so we paid € 30.00 for a full week which is ok.
Stuff was really nice and friendly. The restaurant next to the pool was also very good.
The Spas is really nice and they have lots of treatments.
The location is not great there is a Casino next to the Hotel a Shopping Center with a big supermarket and a Mc Donald. The beaches are not like the South of Fuerteventura.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids I suggest you take a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Hotel Elba Palace Golf
Hotel Elba Palace Golf
#1 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!