“Super Break once again!”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Liverpool
“Super Break once again!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Because we had such a super holiday here last December, we decided to return for 10 days of warmth and sunshine in March. Again we were not disappointed.

This is a lovely hotel which is extremely clean and comfortable. The staff are very professional, helpful and friendly at all times.

Food is of a high standard with plenty of choice but too often hot food is NOT hot. There must be a better way of keeping hot food HOT! Thank goodness for the microwave which we used every day to ensure food was piping hot. It is only a pity that there were too many parents with young children who allowed their children too much freedom in the dining room. This made it difficult for staff but they worked tirelessly and with a smile.

Thank you Sheraton Fuerteventura for making this a most enjoyable holiday. We shall return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne C
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Anne C,

Above all I must thank you for your loyalty and confidence in our hotel. I’m pleased to know that you decided to repeat your Sheraton experience within such a short period of time.

We try to improve or modify the services we offer according to the clients’s wishes. This is the reason we will be opening the space at El Faro terrace for the buffet breakfast. This space is planned only for adults, enabling you to relax during your morning time and to do it on the sunshine. We hope that on your next visit, you’ll take a lovely breakfast there.

Juan Manuel Galán

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having just returned from a stay at the Sheraton for my Birthday, we really couldn't fault the staff or the hotel. From the moment we arrived until checkout, all the staff were excellent and especially the check-in and reception staff who went out of their way to make sure ours was a very memorable stay, high praise indeed !

The room was beyond our expectations and the view was equally as impressive. The breakfast choice was of a high standard as was the attentative service of the breakfast staff, the evening meal was of a varied choice including fresh meats cooked to your requirements, the choice of food was of a different theme each evening.

The top two swimming pools and jacuzzi were heated and all the areas in and around the hotel were spotlessly clean as were the communal toilets.

A very enjoyable stay and we will definitely be returning

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve D
Dear ‘steveleeds’,

As already said in our mutual correspondance, I would like to express once again our gratitude for posting your review and I truly hope to see you again in our resort in the future.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very enjoyable week's break with plenty of warm sunshine - very well presented food and good quality. There was a different country's theme each night, but no UK !! Why not roast beef and yorkshire puds and fish chips and mushy peas?!

Very comfortable rooms and huge bed - once we had mastered the air conditioning, all room facilities excellent.

Excellent pool and we could see that young families were very well looked after.

Enjoyed the nearby golf facilities also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anthony W,

I’m happy that you have spent a lovely week at our property. I wish to thank you personally for posting your review and the fantastic score.

Ardersier, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I managed to get a great deal on a junior suite and we loved every minute. The room was huge with a double size balcony. It had the biggest bed I have ever seen! There was a separate walk in wardrobe and a huge shower and Jacuzzi bath. We stayed bed and breakfast only and walked into the town for our evening meal. The breakfast was fantastic - loads of choice - even champagne! The pools were great, very clean and warm. No need to get down early as booking a lounger was not allowed. It makes such a difference when you can take your time and relax without worrying about getting space by the pool. There is a supermarket about 10 minutes walk to the south, or Calleta de Fuste 10 mins walk to the north.
The only downside to the hotel was the wifi internet. I can't believe that a hotel of this quality can still charge a premium for access to the internet. Speed was very slow and we couldn't get any wifi in our room at all. This would have been the perfect holiday and I would have given it 5 stars if they could only improve the wifi ... and make it free!
We eat in at the asian restaurant on one night, but really can't recommend it. The food was ok, but very expensive... and to make matters worse, we found a dead cockroach under our table. I know it is hard to keep these things out in hot countries, but it's not the kind of thing you want to see when trying to eat. We told the staff but they didn't seem bothered about it.
Anyway, we really enjoyed eating out in the town every night - and it was much cheaper.
All in all, we really enjoyed our holiday and would go back again - no problem!

Room Tip: better getting a sea view room on the higher floors
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paul W
Dear ‘Paul W’,

Above all I wish to thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday. You’ll be pleased to learn that we are in the process of ‘upgrading’ our Link@Sheraton situated in the lobby and to provide wifi in that area for free. However in the rooms we will keep on following the Starwood policy and charge the supplement. We are sorry for causing dissapointment to you and to other clients in this aspect.

I was concerned about your comment regarding WoknZen and will speak to F&B Mgr. Thank you for pointing out this particular incident to me.

Hants
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here during October half term and had a lovely holiday but there were a few niggles given the high price we paid.The hotel was full and the staff struggled to keep up. That said the staff were always absolutely lovely - there just wasn't enough of them!
POOL - the pool area was excellent with lots of different pools and two of them heated which was perfect for the time of year we went. The children's pool was very cute with lots of things to play with and very shallow so perfect for our youngest.
ROOM - The room was large, with a very big bathroom and kept spotless and stocked up with plenty of towels and toiletries. My only issues were that there was a coffee table with a very low and loose glass top - a hazard with a 1-year old running around - plus the cotbed had something yucky splattered down the side. But both were removed as soon as I requested.
We were on a high floor so had a view of the pool and sea - very nice for a glass of wine once the kids were tucked up in bed.
FOOD - The buffet food was really good with lots of choice for both adults and kids, but there were not many tables outside which was a shame as we always prefer to eat outside but had to eat inside on many occasions. Staff were excellent given how busy they were. We didn't try the other restaurants as they weren't open every day and we didn't plan enough ahead. Possibly the worst part of the holiday was the pool bar food - everything we tried was absolutely awful and the service was painfully slow.
SPA - We loved the spa, especially as it was virtually empty when we went in there. I had a massage too - all lovely, would recommend.
LOCATION - Right outside the hotel is a lovely beach with nice water and sandy. A short stroll away is the local town with a few shops and restaurants. We preferred to walk in the other direction to the shopping plaza as there was a fab toy shop and a few little rides and things for the kids.
OVERALL- probably would not return because it was a nice place with lovely staff but too many little niggles to say it was a perfect hol. I would recommend if you could get a decent deal but I think we overpaid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fras06
Dear ‘Fras06’

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at TripAdvisor. I’m happy that you have spent a relaxing holiday with us and I’m sorry for the details which dissapointed you. However I was surprised by you mentioning the opening hours of our à la carte restaurants. When hotel is fully booked, both à la carte restaurants open daily, when the occupancy drops significantly, only one of them is open every day. There must have been some misunderstanding and I’m truly sory that we didn’t clarify this during your stay.

Southwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were not fortunate enough on this occasion to be resident here but did use their wonderful facilities, which as non-resident is no problem to them.
Lunch by the pool in the spring sunshine was great with club sandwiches and rose wine served by smart, clean and attentive pleasant staff. Enjoyable from start to finish in every way.
The reception and bar areas of the hotel look total quality and are absolutely gorgeous especially the indoor palmery and tropical garden.
Smart staff everywhere ensuring that all is well.
An afternoon in the spa suite was again just exceptional with saunas, swimming, jacuzzis, everything and a relaxing massage all for only about 65euro each.
This place is a must for a luxurious relaxing break and I feel the Sheraton group get it just right.

Room Tip: One overlooking the pool and sea must be a good choice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Testarossa54
Dear ‘Testarossa54’,

We wish to thank you for sharing your brief ‘Sheraton experience’ at Fuerteventura. We hope to have the opportunity to host you as a guest in the future.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I keep going back to sheraton as I love the brand this was my 3rd visit at this particular hotel. I was here on business for a 4 night stay. It's nice to be recognised when coming back. The staff as usual are very attentive and welcoming and I couldn't praise them enough. I love the sweet sleeper beds and the rooms are great. I usually stay bed and breakfast but this time I went half board. I would say that the evening meal needs more choice I couldn't fault the meats on offer but the starters could certainly be improved. All in all a very nice stay.As a negative point they need to sort out the wifi connection which was really poor it worked at times but wasn't reliable especially as I needed to use it for business. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the pool areas are wonderful. I will certainly return

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear ‘Petertoto’,

You are already part of our Sheraton Family and we are very thankful for choosing our resort over and over again. We are sorry that the wifi connection prevent you from working when staying with us. We do not know what type of gadget you are using, but for notebooks, we can provide you an ethernet cable for landline in your room. We have a small business center which may suit you, too. Please feel free to consult either me or my PA prior or during your future stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Hotel Elba Palace Golf
Hotel Elba Palace Golf
#1 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!