“good value”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“good value”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Me and my boyfriend went on our first holiday last week and we were very impressed. We had paid little for this holiday and weren't expecting alot. The hotel had just got new entertainers and they were the best- 2 men and 1 woman. They did a dance periodicly through the day. It was very amusing. They tried their best by doing games in the pool- even abit of aqua gym!!! I definately recommend taking a tip up onto the room where is a lovely view and you can see the planes going over. The jacuzzi is very cold but you get used to it the longer you're in it and it becomes bearable. They also have 2 swimming pools on the roof. There is also a bar and alot of sun beds to cater for everyone. It is lovely and peaceful up there. We were all inclusive and i found the food was fine. Breakfast was a little grim- scrambled egg and bacon i would not recommend. The bar crew were lovely they always remembered my order 'amaretto and coke'!! I wasn't that much of an alcoholic on holiday I promise...The beds in the rooms weren't that great as they're two singles put together and I often found myself floating over to the other side of the room when sitting in the middle. It was also abit poor that we had to pay for wifi and the wifi was broken for a while at the time we were there. It was also slow when it was working so we just went to the cafe down the road where it was free and much quicker!!! Thankyou to the life guard who moved someones towels for us so we could have a sun bed on the first day of our visit. There is alot of people who leave their towels and don't return for hours. I really enjoyed the entertainment at night- the lady trumpet player was great. The entertainment really gets the visitors together. Our leave was abit poor as we just put our keys on the side and that was it- reception was too busy. Toilets were lovely and clean. Hot dogs and burgers for snacks between meals and icecream pots in strawberry, vanilla and chocolate readily available from behind the bar. We had a balcony view of the pool area and everyone complaining saying it's too loud- it's not it's fine- you can shut the sliding door for the balcony and it automatically shuts off the noise. It couldn't have been that bad as we were above the goa cocktail bar- you have to pay here but i would defo recommend- the cocktails are lovely. All in all i would definately come back but the town is abit dim- not much to do!! Lanzarote has abit more going on apparently- i didn't visit. Deposit for bats for the games- 10 euros- abit inconvient having to go to room to get euros to deposit to get bats to get the money back after. This is the same with the parasols. We had to pay for our safe too which was around 17 euros but i would definately recommend getting it. Lovely hotel worth the visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank weaver_2424

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just returned from this hotel. Family trip to celebrate Mum's 80th birthday. Bedrooms spotless, beds comfy, rooms quite big. Staff at reception great, but the tall woman at the bar was ignorant loud and very rude! Other bar staff were good, especially Antonio at the Goa bar....flirts with all the women! LOL! Food was good, something for everyone, we never went hungry, lots of choice! Waiters and waitresses very happy and cheery. Our best memories of this hotel has to be the entertainment team! Beth, Fran and Gabby worked very hard to make sure everyone was happy. Games all day and the "Club dance" is a must. Best shows we have ever seen from an on-site team!
Tip; No parasols at pool-side, but go to reception and get one for the length of your stay for 10 euros deposit!
Would recommend this hotel to everyone and will certainly be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Anne W
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just returned from a great week at Hotel Costa Caleta, the room was clean but a bit dated and worn looking, but we had a great view from the balcony, the food was excellent they even cooked a roast leg of pork with all the crackling yum yum, The only thing I can really complain about is the hairdryer it is very hot (no controls for the heat) and it had no blow in it, best just sitting on the balcony and letting the wind blow dry. The bathroom door handle came off, but they came and fixed it within 20 mins and also fixed a loose plug on the wall and the same time, really a very nice place and I would go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, you either get a pool view or landscape, we were lucky and got a sea view on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Pat3591524
Bolton
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Having stayed in many 4* / 5* in Egypt (and around the World) I can honestly say that that THIS was an unexpected suprise. I knew NOTHING about it, before I went, family suprise. I found the Hotel to be, not only clean & central, BUT to be 'quite' well organised. As I speak Spanish, I knew that there was a bit of 'unrest' amongst the staff (they had apparently just been 'taken over' by a different Company & were unsure of their jobs) However, had I not 'overheard' this I would NOT have noticed - they were ALL professional & curtious to ME. Usually people on Trip Advisor complain about the FOOD, I shall not - it was EXCELLENT, however I still think with 'all Inclusive' you should 'dine out' now & then - to appreciate what you have in the Hotel ! I did not make even ONE complaint. What people need to realise is that THE STAFF & the 'holiday friends' you make - are ALL part of the memories you take back home.

I actually loved it so much at your Hotel I am trying to get my 3 week holiday (Sharm) transferred to stay again !!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
10 Thank MEABolton
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The Hotel is a quick 20 mins from airport only 12 euros in a taxi, it is close to the sea and has a great coast walk. The rooms are quite small but they are clean and whilst there are a few small issues like a cracked light fitting it was absolutely fine. The beds were very comfy and I have a bad back. The staff were always polite and friendly, the food was buffet style and there was a good choice, it was a bit repetitive but we went out a couple of times and it was really cheap. I think the hotel do very well with the food and snacks on offer. Pool area was always clean, there was entertainment on day and night, we usually went out as there are a lot of goods bars very close. We would consider going back to Fuerteventura and this Hotel. a holiday is what you make it and we made ours fantastic , special mention to Lorna and Derek.

Room Tip: room 3088 is near where they deliver food etc so it can be noisy early in the morning
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Mandy H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed in the Costa Caleta Hotel for one week from 18 th May. I arrived we at the hotel 11 am and got the keys to my room straight away. My single occupancy room was clean, tidy, good size, wardrobe very big, enough for two people. I was pleasantly surprised, how spacious room, television old, only two Spanish channels, balcony was hug , view not the best, facing a rubbish but it was ok with me, was glad that far away from pool, no noise, peace. Air conditioning worked very well.
Pool area is good but I imagine during busy season would be difficult find the sun bed, people put towels from early morning. Most of the times i spent on roof terrace, could find sun lounger any time of the day, little bit windy, beautiful views, nice that you can have your privacy, people do not lie next to each other, can help yourself with the beer, soft drinks, coffee.
The breakfast was good with fried eggs, streaky bacon, beans, fresh tomatoes, fresh bread, cold meats and cheese, fresh fruit juice, doughnuts and small breakfast pastries, cereals, yogurts. The coffee not to my taste but i had my own kettle in the room to enjoy real coffee.
The lunch was not too bad, soups were nice, especially cold tomato, very refreshing. Very good choice of fruits, better then expected for the 3 stars hotel, good selection of salads, vegetables. I did not like any of the deserts, flavored creams made from pockets, cakes made with same creams not very nice but i have seen many people enjoy it. For desert liked only poached pears in red wine, it was really nice, same had for the dinner.
The Dinner was similar or some case worse, tasteless, overcooked meat, fish cooked fresh on a grill was dry and unseasoned, after trying few times the fresh cooked meals o the grill i gave up cause it was impossible to eat. The mussels were really nice cooked to my surprise, well seasoned, never had enough. The deserts were same,nothing special, ice creams were ok, little bit watery. During the meals time, i never struggled to find seat or had to queue for the food . It was dress code to create special atmosphere for dinner time but people did not follow that, what to follow if you have your drink from plastic, often it was not enough glasses.
The beer was good, sangria nice too, white wine was not too my taste, gin seemed watery, not very strong. In the evening bar was busy most of the time long queues, sometimes drinks were served in plastic.
I enjoyed my stay in Costa Caleta Hotel, loved location - close to the shops, bars, beach not far too, everything what you need for relaxing holiday. Payed very little for the holiday because fly with Norwegian Air was incredibly cheap. Definitely stay again there if my whole holiday cost only £300.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Agne83
Scotland
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My overall review of this hotel so I will get my negative comment out of the way 1st.
The entertainment/animation was terrible...truly pathetic. A sour faced short girl who wandered around making no effort at all and a tall girl who we seen now and then in the background this 100% needs improved we usually really enjoy games during the day having a laugh with them all and then a wee show at night. These girls are in the wrong job!!!!!
Staff of the actual hotel were lovely reception maid bar restaurant all lovely people and all spoke perfect English.
Food was delicious - 5 meat eaters 1 veggie and a baby. We all enjoyed our food and always had full plates and full bellies. A few of our party are fussy Eaters but we were all satisfied dailly.
Drinks were good and didn't taste watered down at all to me.
Sangria was delish.
They have the beer wine sangria juice and coffee on taps for you to help yourself during the day at pool and at meal times which is very convenient I think.
Rooms are what you expect clean tidy good size cleaned regularly by maid towels always replaced. We unfortunately had a bit of a rubbish view facing onto houses and the street but actually I think a pool facing room would have heard too much night time noise there was a rather rowdy polish group who loved their late nights :p always having fun.
Pool area is good but I imagine during busy season u can always get a bed.
The pool is nice and big there is a smaller pool that mostly the kids played in and a baby pool and a park area for the kids with a slide seesaw etc really good.

Hotel has lots of restaurants and bars around and lots of shops we enjoyed wandering round quite a bit and ate out two nights. The Indian Restaurant that is glass surrounding and green signage smelled delish we couldn't resist.
We also went to a lovely Spanish themed restaurant was lovely I think it was called el patio we were greeted with a glass of cava and our meals were lovely.

We didn't look very hard but we never seen any clubs or late night dancing places around theyr maybe there tho.

We never booked transfers a taxi to hotel from airport was only €10 for 6 seater and baby seat.

Beach also walking distance.

Watersports close by which we never did but I wish we did.

€3 taxi to Atlantico centre where we went bowling and to mcdonalds and there's lots of shops and eateries and stuff for kids outside like trampolines mini go karts and it's on the beach.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
#5 of 27 in Antigua
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort
#6 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Hotel Costa Caleta? Share your experiences!