“Extremely average”
Review of Hotel Costa Caleta

Hotel Costa Caleta
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Canary Islands, staying here at hotel costa caleta. I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the hotel for a number of different reasons.

Firstly, there are a number of facilities which are listed on the hotel website which are not available for customers. We also found the 'all inclusive' bar disappointing.

The food in the restaurant always seemed to be the same during the week so therefore we opted to dine out most of the week. (Lunch and dinner)

The fact that you have to pay for the tv, the bedroom safe and various other facilities was disappointing.

If your looking for a cheap get a way this is perfect, just be prepared for a fight for a table in the restaurant!

However, the reception staff were very polite and helpful when needed.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Costa Caleta

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just returned from a weeks all inc , Stayed here before and had forgotten what terrific value for money it really was. We had room 2091 second floor facing the road , it was quite and we had the sun on the balcony all day. My brother and his wife had 3051 top floor facing the pool above the GOA bar, Although it was noisy one night they also had sun on the balcony all day as well. The food was great. plenty of choice and well presented and hot. the rooms are cleaned 5 days a week and are lovely and clean, The drinks were great and just as good as we get back home .The hotel is well placed for the beach and shops , I have stayed here before and am sure we will be staying there again . thank you everyone at the Costa Caleta Hotel your hard work has not gone unnoticed.

Room Tip: Try get a high floor and a sunny balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wheresjenny
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I just wanted to say I am currently at this hotel with my parents who have been here 3 weeks already! I couldn't agree more with Scottish highlands review.... The food is superb, hotel clean, staff friendly, excellent value for money. Yes the evening entertainment is a bit sketchy but we enjoy going out to taste the local bars in the evening! I wonder where these other people have been staying because it certainly isn't where I am now

Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank figg1987
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just back from this hotel and cannot believe the reviews of people who obviously at this hotel at the same time as us. Were they actually at the same hotel as us I have to wonder? This is a 3 star plus hotel - not a five star and if you want 5 star then pay the extra £300 and leave this hotel to the ones who want to stay here!!!!! How anyone could possibly complain about the wind and lack of sun around the pool beggars beyond belief! To say the food was tasteless is just not true! There is ample choice of food in fact you could have 6 courses for both lunch and dinner if you wanted. I have never ever seen such a large choice from any buffet and we have stayed at quite a few hotels in five of the seven canary islands! Honest opinion - this hotel is well worth the money we paid. Staff are patient and friendly and very helpful and thanks to the lovely Irish lady at reception for giving us a courtesy room to change in before our flight. Most helpful!
Rooms were clean and we had no problems with the beds. The food is excellent and there is always something for everyone. You would have to be extremely fussy to complain! jOne has to wonder what these people eat at home. We ate like king and queen for a week! Everything from salads and soup for starters to the desserts - just amazing. Variety and such a choice! The entertainment at night was a bit hit and miss - depending on Thomas Cook reps who loved themselves so much they would not even clear their own table at dinner time. If you were not from Liverpool or supported Arsenal then well they didn;t really want to know! WE did not travel with Thomas Cook I hasten to add! We wanted a week chilling out in the sun and this was the perfect place to do it. All in all we loved this place and ok if I had one complaint ......... it would be that we only booked for one week. Next time - it will be for two!!!! Thank you Costa Caleta - we will be back!

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room away from the loud music and Thomas Cook reps at the pool!
10  Thank familygillies
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect as we had read mixed reviews. Good food, lovely staff, great location. We were away with our 2 yr old and she loved it. So good we've booked to go back in June. Only thing that wasn't great was entertainment and I believe that's changing next year.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank srarchan
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just back from a week here, the hotel is ok nice pool area just a pity it does not get much sun, the rooms were nice quite big and spotlessly clean, all the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Now the worst part the FOOD my god it was just the most tasteless I have ever experienced you got by for breakfast and lunch at a push, we ended up eating out four nights out of the week as the dinners were so bad, I am not a fussy eater at all but I struggled find something that I could enjoy. All I can say is thank god the bread and butter were good !!!! as for the drink lets just say we came back with healthy liver !!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week and had a nice time. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The room itself was a little dated but was cleaned thoroughly each day and our towels were always replaced. There was a good variety of food although it was hit and miss quality wise. The pools were freezing and would be better if at least one was heated. I had a full body massage which was very nice. All things considered we had a good holiday but there are some things that could be improved.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
#5 of 27 in Antigua
Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
#9 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Hotel Costa Caleta? Share your experiences!