“October Holiday”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Leeds, United Kingdom
“October Holiday”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just got back from a great family holiday, the weather was brilliant and we are all very brown! The hotel was clean and most staff very friendly except the receptionist who was rude and just wanted to argue with all of us I believe, when I asked if the golf clubs were available she acted like I cursed her.
Apart from the receptionist I have little bad things to say about the hotel the location is great, food is good but make sure you eat out at least once or you will feel very bored by the end of the week.
That's all I can say, had a great holiday, won't be going all inclusive again as I didn't think i made the most of my money. Also please make sure you know what you sign up for! I thought wifi was free and all food! Ended up spending over ten euros just on crisps and peanuts at the bar! Also I never realised you could get pizza and other snacks anytime of day poolside so please do your homework.

4 Thank Dominic T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Big Thanks to Drina who is the most accommodating reception host I've encountered. She went the extra mile for us. Lovely lady! Great hotel. Good choice off AI food. Breakfast particularly good. Stayed in room 3082 with Pool view which was awesome. Rooms immaculate and maid service faultless. Sun bed wars was good fun with the rush to grab the "best" spot for sun each day but that's only due to only some of the Pool area getting Sun all of the day. The bar service was all super quick and friendly. All staff were friendly and made you feel welcoming.
Met a family of Mackems who made us laugh all week and also Clint Eastwood was there (lookalike!)
This hotel is Ronseal. It does what it says on the tin and it's quality! Definitely would return.

Stayed November 2013
4 Thank LizandIain
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Whilst not staying at this Hotel I had to ask there help after behing dropped off at this Hotel instead of an address in Campo De Golf Costa Caletaby Taxis Canaries we showed the driver our booking form complete with address.we did not know where this was as it was our first visit.He insisted he was leaving us there and rang his office who agreed with him that this was where we had arranged to go to (they managed to collect us without problem from our accomodation to take us back to the Airport).My wife my self and 2 grandchildren where left outside the hotel.I went to reception who arranged a taxi and wrote the address of where we were going on a piece of paper to give to the driver..The taxi arrived within 2 or 3 minutes.Thank you to the staff at Hotel Costa Caleta

3 Thank Michael G
livingston
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I are just back from 7 nights at this hotel I can't find one fault with it value for money was a bit wary of some of the reviews I read on here if you want a really honest view take it from me the place is fantastic the staff who do the meals work tirelessly I would recommend going to fado rock steak house for a meal unbeatable value for money I can't wait to book to go back again

• Stayed October 2013
10 Thank gillian d
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here October 2013. Overall I would give this a good rating. Good points are:
A). Good location only 5 min stroll to beach & centre
B). Recommend a taxi from airport, cheap & 10 min transfer
C) rooms were good size & looked recently refurbished
D). Helpful &pleasant staff
E). Good separate area on roof terrace that was mainly used for adults that had a cold plunge pool & cold jacuzzi!!!

Need to improve on:
A). No sun parasols which in any hotel is poor considering it is a hot destination
B). Entertainment was ok for kids but not adults!!! The bar area is open to kids/entertainment area and so it was not ideal and only the foyer area to escape. Needs to have comfy seats to lounge around
C). Bar shuts at 11pm a little early being on holiday & often it was busy and ran out of glasses - had to use plastic cups. There was a nice bar area next to restaurant that was never used as you had to pay extra for drinks!!!
D). Pools is in shade a lot and the other complete shade- neither heated and were cold
E) food was good but as with most AI was repetitive

5 Thank adele472016
N E Lincolnshire
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Myself and my husband spent a week here in September and had a lovely stay. We were in room 3099 and was very pleased with it. It did overlook the road, however we also had a nice sea view too. The road was quiet and didnt cause us any problems. The room was spacious, clean and the air con was good. Shower wasnt very good and dont be tempted to leave your hairdryer to save baggage weight like me as the one in the room was pants. I had to use the handryer in the toilets lol (which worked a treat by the way).

The hotel had very good points and some not so good.

The pool area is wierd. It is surrounded by four blocks of apartments and feels a bit hemmed in, however we are not pool people so didnt affect us and the roof terrace was a much nicer place to lay and relax when we were having a lazy day. There were two little pools and two jacuzzis up there plus beer and soft drinks on tap. The seating area around the pool was a bit poor too with not enough tables and cheap plastic chairs. The sunbed race in the morning at 8 was a right laugh to watch though. I dread to think what it is like in July/August! The pool bar was handy though and the sangria on tap was delicious. The best I have tasted in a long time.

The food I thought was fabulous! I am a bit of a foodie and I was impressed and confused by some of the negative comments. I do not know what some people expect. The food was not piping hot and if it was it would dry out in an instant, however there was a microwave if you needed it. There was so much choice at every meal. Breakfasts were lovely with perfectly cooked fried eggs and soft boiled eggs which is a feat considering the amount of people they cater for. And there was fresh bread which you could cut youself every day. The evening meals were lovely too, mussels in various sauces were amazing, paella, chilli spare ribs were a treat and the lamb chops cooked by the show cook were beautiful. There was the occasional dud meat which was a bit dry but that was a rareity. Mostly the meat was tender and in lovely sauces and I was in salad heaven. Never seen so many variations of the green stuff. Veggies were a bit soggy but tasted good. I would give the food 9/10. The drinks were ok for all inc. They do need to invest in real coke/sprite etc. All inc sprits are not the best but do taste better with real mixers. Beers, wines and sangria were very nice.

The entertainment on an evening was not for us. For starters it was indoors and it was too warm to sit inside, and again there is not enough seating outside which is such a shame. The evening bar staff were great though and very overworked.

The staff in general were very pleasant with the odd slapped backside face. The blonde receptionist was one of them lol. She must recognise herself on here and not care. I think she just has an unfortunate manner as she seemed nice once you got talking to her.

The location was very good too. Lots of bars, restaurants and shops nearby. It wasnt on the beach, but for the increase in price you pay for beachfront it is worth the walk. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the main beach which I thought was ok. A bit stoney getting into the sea but the sand was ok. However, if you walk a bit further and go across an area of wasteland (you are heading for the Sheraton which you can see in the distance) you come across a beautiful beach!! Soft sand and gently shelving into the lovely sea. There is a restaurant on the jetty which served lovely beer and sangria which was good value and served meals which were a bit pricey but worth it. We had the prawns and mussels and they were amazing! We walked to this beach everday and though it took 20-30 minutes if was worth it and the exercise did us good after stuffing out on the all inc breakfast. There is a shopping complex called the Atlantico there too which had some nice shops. Also if you turn left from the hotel you can find a lovely coastal walk to the rocks and you could walk to the next village.

We went out some evenings and went to The Wine Bar and The Cave which were very nice and chilled and it was a treat to have brand names drinks!. There were lots of different eateries which looked gorgeous but the all inc was so nice we only ate out three times. Once on the jetty, once at The Cave (lovely pizza and homemade lasagna) and a lovely fish platter at Lins. Would be good if you were self catering if not a bit pricey, but there were good value setmenus to be found to such as two fish platters and a jug of sangria for 22 euros.

We hired bikes and went left one day and biked past the airport to a lovely beach called Cala Blanca (I think) just before Rosario and that was an experience. Great fun! Did the coast road to the right of the resort the next day but it was tough and quite a challange but again great fun.

All in all we loved this holiday and for the price you pay it was a bargain. The good points outweigh the bad ones and Caleta de Fuste is a lovely relaxing resort with enough to do to keep us busy for a week. We will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nixx999
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

On arriving at the hotel I was told my room was not ready and had too wait for one hour.
the room was nice till you go to sleep then the air con was noise and had to leave balcony
Door open there was a lot of noise from the road most of the time

Room Tip: Have a good look at your room first