The hotel is not too far from the airport, if you get a taxi it will take approx 10 mins, we got a coach so after dropping other people off at there hotels it took us about 25 mins so not too bad. If you choose to get a taxi from the airport i was told it costs 20 euros, i thought that is quite expensive. The hotel is in a good location, its near the beach, lovely views of the area from this hotel, and close to restaurants and bars. For us because my mum has walking difficulties it would of been better to stay more in the centre of the beach, it only takes approx 10 mins to walk to the restaurants but my mum struggled so we had to get taxi's. From the hotel you can take a lovely walk a long the beach or prom to the marina, lovely little place, especially when it is hot. The marina though is not as big as it looks from the hotel, its really small, we thought there would be more there to see. Oconners irish bar and pieros cabaret bar are not too far, about 10 walk, crazy brian in pieros is hilarious. You would have to get to these bars early in the summer though, not many seats to accomodate everyone, we had to stand at times.
The hotel is huge, so spacious. The hotel seemed to big at times, because it was so quiet i did feel lonely walking through the hotel, and inside the hotel is not very lit up. In the lobby area there is pool tables, because the hotel was so quiet we easily got a game. The staff at the hotel were lovely, very friendly, made good mates with them especially alex, israel and dominik. The staff looked bored at times though, not many people there, so quite easy for them and they did work long hours. The bar in the hotel was nice, modern, cosy. I cant believe that is the only bar inside the hotel though, the hotel is so huge, if it did get busy maybe in the summer you wouldnt be able to move in the bar. There is a entertainment lounge as well, quite big. I was very disappointed with the entertainment, we went to the hotel to celebrate 2 birthdays and all we had to watch for the whole week was the germans doing ballroom dancing, apparently they hired it for the week, nothing at all for the english we did complain one evening so they put karaoke on but there was hardly anyone there and it finished at 11pm awful.
The pool area is nice, nice and modern, again very spacious. The pool area was so quiet though, no one there, boring. The room we stayed in the junior suites rooms 244 and 246 were nice, quite modern, spacious. We were very disappointed though because before we arrived we emailed the hotel approx 4 times because we were celebrating 2 birthdays so we asked for 2 rooms on the 3rd floor with sea views and they never got back to us. They said they never got the emails and they didnt even know we had booked, not very good, so that is all they had available and they wasnt great.
I would stay here again if i wanted a really quiet holiday, stress free time. If i wanted entertainment and a laugh then i wouldnt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Geranios Suites & Spa is an ideal place where you can have a vacation with your couple to relax with our sea views in a privileged and quiet environment. We have a spacious suites that include living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and terrace/balcony. If you just want to remember a pleasant rest come to our SPA and Wellness area. But if you want to come with the hole family you will enjoy in all our spacious common areas like our swimming pools, tennis corner, squash, fitness area, kids club with 5 playrooms, animation and a lot of activities near the hotel (camel riding, surfing, quad biking, golf and many other family activities just 100m from the hotel). We are waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solvasa Geranios Suites And Spa
- Solvasa Geranios Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Solvasa Geranios
- Geranios Suites Fuerteventura
- Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste