Hotel Elba Sara
$118
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Eurostars Las Salinas(Caleta de Fuste)
$111
$108
Hotels.com
$167
  • Beachfront
$160
$149
  • Pool
Hotel Elba Palace Golf(Caleta de Fuste)
$160
$127
$141
$135
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Costa Caleta(Caleta de Fuste)
$131
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Broncemar Beach(Caleta de Fuste)
$58
  • Restaurant
Villa Florida(Caleta de Fuste)(Great Value!)
$66
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
VIP Villas(Caleta de Fuste)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
4,205 results
All reviewsbroadway barshopping centre next doortucan baritalian nightanimation teamupstairs barfoam partylovely hotelsea viewpool areaplenty of choiceplenty of sunbedsfidelity cardhalf boardgreat holidaykids clubreception staff
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Myself, my husband and our 15month old daughter stayed at the Elba Sara for 1 week in May on a half board basis. The hotel is lovely. Food in the main restaurant was enjoyable and plentiful and the staff try very hard to offer lots of variety for those on AI or HB basis. We ate lunch at the pool side bar twice during our stay, I personally didn't think the food was 4star standard in the bar but it did the job if your just looking for a snack.
The pools, grounds and hotel are stunning. The largest pool is absolutely freezing and during the week I didn't see a single person swim in it - inspite of the warm weather. However the kids pool and other pool were fine.

The main town is about a 25min walk away. You have to walk over a small undeveloped, unlit area but the rest of the walk is along the beach promenade.
If I'm completely honest we didn't feel entirely safe when venturing OUTSIDE of the hotel. Please note this has no reflection on the hotel. Just the local town, and it is mainly due to a serious incident we witnessed. However this is easily fixed by getting a taxi into the town for a small fee which the lovely reception staff will happily book for you.
Overall, Elba Sara was excellent and money well spent! Would I return to fuerteventura?? No, probably not. However, our holiday was lovely because of the
hotel xx

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jessiebella86
DavidNavarr0, Director General at Hotel Elba Sara, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear jessiebella86

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your stay at the Hotel Elba Sara.
We are proud we have fulfilled your expectations with the food and the hotel facilities.
Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of establishment.

We hope to see you again in the near future, therefore don’t hesitate to contact us directly with any type of request as we will do our best to meet them.

Best and sunny regards from all Elba Sara staff.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just back from one weeks stay at the Elba Hotel (20th to 27th June 2013). The hotel was lovely, very modern, the staff were very pleasant. I stayed with my husband and 23 month old son. he was too young for kids club, but it looked very good and he enjoyed joining in the disco in the evening. The food was quite repetitive, breakfast was the same each morning, but the pancakes were yum, I had them every morning. Lunch was basically burgers and pizzas, but again very nice, evening meal was different themed each night. So you could find something for even the fussiest of eaters. wide variety on offer, the drinks selection for all inclusive was very good. Four cocktails on offer and a wide variety of spirits and wines. Ice drinks and cold drinks on tap all day long. The hotel were very kind on our last day of checkout at 12 and we didn't get picked up until after 4, they gave us a lunch voucher. We didn't have our room cleaned for about 4 days but I think partly our fault because we kept going back to our room to keep little one out of sun and put our do not disturb sign up, otherwise I am sure the room would have been cleaned daily. The swimming pools were very good, though quite cold, and the nearby beach was very impressive. Next door to hotel is shopping centre with some good shops and a big Spar supermarket. We did go for a long walk along the promenade one day, there wasn't much more up there only few souvenir shops. The wristbands given for all inclusive are a little annoying, my husband felt a key card facility would have worked better. All in all a great hotel and lovely relaxing stay, would definitely recommend

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DavidNavarr0, Director General at Hotel Elba Sara, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear leahtebano
Thank you very much for sharing your positive opinion about your stay at the Hotel Elba Sara with other potential visitors and for mentioning our staff. We are proud to have fulfilled your expectations en general and we hope to see you again in the near future.

For your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly with your requests as we will do our utmost to meet them.

Best and sunny regards from all the Elba Sara staff.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travelled to this hotel with my wife and 22 month old daughter. We can't rate this hotel enough! It has everything that you would want for a family holiday. Lots of sun loungers and great pools, our daughter loved the kids pool with the slide and water fountain. I am quite picky when it comes to eating in a buffet style restaurant but to my surprise the whole set up was amazing, the food was fresh and the variety was extremely good. We went for a 7 day break but we would of been more than happy with the food for another 7 nights if we stayed for 2 weeks. This is the first all inc holiday where we have actually eaten in the hotel every evening because the food was so good including the childrens. The staff at the hotel were also great! very pleasant and always willing to help, we found the entire staff at the hotel brilliant. The managers were always present throughout the day and evening checking that the guests were enjoying their stay and that everyone was happy, we found this a nice touch.
What we also found a nice touch was the self service drinks in the pool bar and lunch/evening restaurant including beer on tap, this made getting drinks for the meal very easy and freed up the bar at busier times.
Overall I would highly reccommend this hotel for families and couples, we went in school term time so there wasn't that many children in the hotel when we visited so I could'nt comment on out of term times.
We would definetly go back to this hotel. It isn't the best hotel we have stayed in but it is one of the best 4* hotels we have stayed in. For the cost of the holiday you really couldn't expect anymore. We have stayed in 5* hotels that cost double the amount and to be honest there isn't alot in it.

Room Tip: 354 was great for us.

Dear DJH486

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comment about your stay at the Hotel Elba Sara and for recommending it to other potential visitors.We are very proud to have fulfilled your expectations in general and we like to thank you for mentioning the quality of our food and the friendliness of our staff.
We are happy to read that you definitely would come back to visit us therefore please don’t hesitate to contact us directly with your requests regarding that next visit as we will do our utmost to meet them.

Best and sunny regards from all the Elba Sara staff-

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and Iwere in this hotel at start of May and we have booked again for December. It is spotlessly clean everywhere. Friendly hard working staff. Food was plentiful always, a good choice, as with all buffets it can become cold quickly, but there was always something for every taste! Our room was on the top floor and the views were fantastic. The grounds of the hotel were maintained to a high standard. All in all we had a great holiday relaxing on our balcony where the sun shone until about 3pm. .

Room Tip: High floor the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert h

Thank you very much for such a positive comment about your stay at the Hotel Elba Sara.
We are very proud to have fulfilled your expectations and to read that you are coming back in December.Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly with your requests regarding that next visit as we will do our utmost to meet them.

Best and sunny regards from all the Elba Sara staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Elba Sara. I have been fortunate to stay in 5 star hotels over the last few years but my memory of 4 star all inclusive in the Canary Islands was good so I booked this for a relaxing get away for myself and my daughter who's 20 (it looked good on the photo's and the majority of tripadvisor reports were reasonably good) but I regretted it as soon as we arrived especially given the cost. Although first impressions are good with a nice modern reception and friendly helpful staff this quickly went down hill for me. Good points first:

Pool area is lovely, plenty of sun loungers and although the parasols are few and far between we always managed to find one (without being up at the crack of dawn) but there is also shade in other places. The hotel was full but there were always sun loungers available whatever time of day (not always in the shade though).
Pool was cold but warmed up during the day from the heat of the sun and was very pleasant around 3 in the afternoon.
We were allowed to keep our all inclusive bands on after 12 noon (pick up was 4pm)
Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Although drinks are national not international I found them of good quality and taste with reasonable choice.

Bad points:

We had room 322 and the bathroom occasionally smelt of dirty drains
Cockroach also found in the bathroom which we reported to the reception and they sent Housekeeping to remove it!
At breakfast the tablecloths weren't changed regularly, they were very dirty and stained plus the placemats were very old and tatty. The evening tablecloths were changed but some were badly worn with holes in the them.
The dining room is more like a canteen, little room between chairs, no windows open and very stuffy, we didn't find dining an experience to look forward to although you can generally find something for most tastes it is very repetitive and things were not refilled very quickly. Tables were not cleared quickly either and we often found ourselves having dessert whilst the dirty dinner plates were still on the table.
Bathroom towels - on 3 occasions I had to call reception as the dirty towels had been taken but no fresh replacements had been left. As per previous comments they blamed this on the laundry but not to have towels until 7pm was very poor service especially 3 times.
The beds were not changed at all during our stay.
The floor in the bathroom was never cleaned despite the cockroach incident and although the sink was cleaned the area around it wasn't.
The balcony was never swept either, the table and chairs were old and uncomfortable.

We will not be returning to this hotel and regrettably it has put me off visiting other Elba hotels too. I did join the Fidelity club prior to visiting but can't see the point of this as all benefits appear to be subject to availability and there was no availability. There is no wow factor. My daughter rated the dining room as worse but I'm afraid I never got over the roach! Back to 5 star for me.

4  Thank sharonl8holiday

Dear sharonl8holiday

Thank you for taking the time to share you opinion about your stay at the Hotel Elba Sara with other potential visitors.First of all we must thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff.
As commented in previous reports; the cockroach is a common insect on the Canary Islands and on those places with subtropical climate like we have and it has nothing to do with hygiene
We do have an external company who comes to fumigate regularly as stated by the Spanish law and whilst we try to assure that every single pest is erradicated, you may have encountered the odd one.

We will have a word with our cleaning department to find out what may have gone wrong and to avoid such comments in the future.
Indeed some of our fidelity advantages are subject to availability but you certainly accumulate your fidelity points for extra free nights and you must have had your welcome gift upon arrival.

We remain at your disposal for any further queries so please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.

Best regards from Fuerteventura.