“Golfing Paradise”

Fuerteventura Golf Club
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Whilst staying at the Elba Corlota hotel took the chance to try a round of golf for the first time in foreign climes. This championship golf course [the Spanish open has been held there] is owned by the Elba group so got the receptionist at the hotel to ring up and book me a round. I did not have any equipment with me so hired a set of clubs, a buggy and of course the round of golf. I played after 3pm so with the twilight rate and the hotel discount payed a grand total of 60 euro for all. Playing at this time of day there was plenty of time to complete my round of 18 holes well within daylight time.The course I found brilliant with quite a bit of water and a total different experience to playing on what I would describe as soft and spongy fairways and greens total different to the type of grass we play on in the UK. I met up with a Danish couple on the second tee and they invited me to continue my round in their company. In in all thoroughly enjoyed my experience and have certainly caught the bug for playing more golf in warmer climes. Only two disappointments, one is that next time I will take my own clubs as the hire set did leave a bit to be desired, the irons were not to bad but the woods were a battered and had been well used. The second one is a criticism of my fellow golfers for the amount of divots left unrepaired in the greens this is sacrilege its a basic of golf etiquette to repair all divots after you by doing this they will repair much quickly. My final thoughts, only lost one ball all afternoon quite pleased about that. Played my round in shorts and wonderful sunshine conditions, when I returned home later in the week I had to play my golf with thermal underwear on it that cold what a contrast. I say go book and enjoy. [PS forgot to say April to October is what the term as low season in the golfing calender in the Canaries, the price will increase from November as that is when the high season commences]

7  Thank Kelvin M

Reviewed October 24, 2012

A well maintained course and a friendly club shop and good challenge for all levels off golf. Be ready to loose a few golf balls if you dont hit the ball straight especially on the 2nd hole.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This course is rough, rough, rough. Lack of investment and maintenance (I have seen better maintained municipals in the UK). Greens poor, fairways mediocre and badly sign posted. Go to Fuerte for the sun and beaches and forget about golf in Caleta de Fuste. There are two courses and this is the best, the course next door is 'tricked up' and a very short excuse of a track, laid out in what seemed like less than 75 acres of land.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Excellent place, huge 18 hole golf course. If you enjoy a good sunny golf trial or if you are a master at it, its a perfect place to go

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our friends have a villa opposite the 18th hole it's a very nice course and club house, well kept green, everyone I know says how lovely it is....they have the best golf courses

1  Thank Groovychick68