“Fantastic Place”

Dining options: Late Night
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great lively pub for all ages,
Lovely staff and the cheeky Elliott makes yummy cocktails.Hemingway:s id a must to visit if you go to Fuerteventura

Visited September 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Best cocktails :)”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Was a bit skeptical at first as it looked very small and when we first got ushered in by the reps outside it was a bit quiet but we got at least 3 free shots of honey rum each time we went and the owner gave me a flashing ring thing and my boyfriend and i a shot of sambuca which was really nice!

The staff were really friendly and chatty and the drinks are well priced! the cocktails might seem 'expensive' but you dont need many! They don't taste very strong, they're the best ones I've ever had but don't underestimate ;)

Atmosphere is really nice and each night we went it ended up really busy with a good mix of ages, but sometimes we felt a bit young. (Being 18) Kareoke is on a lot but instead of being the usual awkward it's a good laugh to watch :) There is always someone dancing and the staff get involved too!

Overall definitely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“for student types only”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Staff were not very friendly and hardly any seats. Did not go back again after first visit as we felt we were too.old

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Myra M
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Where to start, Chris the owner! A gentleman! Very funny! Drink is cheap, entertainment is brilliant, all upbeat and modern, no slow songs at all! It is always full to capacity and has a lovely outside sun terrace for smoking and just getting outside away from the music to clear the head on a great night out in fuerteventura! Very family friendly, as is the entire resort!

Visited August 2013
U K
“time for a holiday....i need one now!!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have just returned from a week in calletta de fuste, have been there lots last time 2009 love it I haven't actually eaten at steves hemmingways did think until reading reviews it was the party place of the island, didn't know they did food but can imagine food there is as good as all the other restaurants if not better.
Steve I have met before the owner is a very nice man.......but my favourite other than elvis who I watched the other night when the tv men were there was brilliant with gary, gary also sings with alberto the wonderful kind dj who can sing amazingly dance wicked!! and at times I thought a girl was singing on the karaoke but NO it was alberto amazing but the best is on a sunday night when alberto and gary do the blues brothers if you want a laugh you will be crying with laughter I was, then unfortunately as we were robbed on the 3rd day was blubbing like shamu!! and gary stopped singing to come and give me a hug and check I was ok, very kind of him. I will be going back in aug, sept app with my boyfriend Adrian this time to holiday and chill to revisit alberto, steve, gary and friends that I have met before but also to hunt for the lovely NOT people who saw fit to come from morocco and show my friend tracey back to the Fuerteventura beach club in the elite part may I add !!! and throw me off the sofa after I have had major brain surgery to clip an aneurism in February and following that have a blood clot on the brain so may have to re operate as hard to walk function in uk due to clip put on sinuses!! steve just thought I talked for the uk and gran c but I have to keep chopsing or I collapse!! sorry steve didn't tell you that cos I couldn't amazingly get a word in....!!! as my Samsung galaxy s3 was taken with my 3 yr old sons whole life on it pregnancy, birth, his dads death, my hols, birthdays, etc couldn't video the blues brothers so asked alberto if he could send me a dvd of him doing the act or even the the nights or weeks djing, this he said he would do...thank you alberto amy is a very luck lady believe me you are very kind, so all my money English and euros gone over 1,200 as was getting a safe in the morning.....do it as soon as you get there and don't leave any doors or windows open, the following day the glass in the door a square of it was smashed what fried my friends brain was where was the glass...little bits on the floor but the whole thing missing...alien attack !! so for the rest of the week I sat on sofa in the dark security guard who was ace not that far away with a big knife!!! but what they don't know unless they read this is I will be back and if I find you as obv the police may not you really don't want to be locked in a room with me esp the way I feel now its the mobile and not downloading before holiday as was unsure what to do....so I have lived and learnt!! please don't make the same mistake we did, but if and when it does happen at hemmingways and other places you will be helped and esp as the first 2 days we stayed at Castillo just up the road from ftvntr beach club and we couldn't find our apartment so I went into the mirador restaurant where you can have a starter main and desert for 10 euros absolutely amazing.....the man I met there big strapping curly long haired man very handsome helped up twice locate our room as we had lost the will to live and obv with what happened we ate there every night paid for thur and fri and then Edward and his stunning wife kaiya invited us to check in be updated if anything to report either way and fed us every night, if we weren't hungry gave us takeout and rang my v upset boyfriend who was rapidly turning white over night.....letting him now how we were doing...I would like to say lovely to meet you Edward and kaiya and there absolutely stunning model like top model very young daughter, didn't meet the son but maybe that's a good job to as he may not have escaped the cluteches of my friend, I got so worked up cried all day and night that I hyperventilated (never done that before) now have 4 times!! and steve was thanking god lost my voice, had the most disgusting spray and medicine to get it back so then I could do the sexy telephone calls!!! Edward helped us with the police and did all the talking....took my friend searching in a lot of kitchens down town to hunt for the nice men!!! no luck to date but facebook have blocked me temporarily as my account was suspiciously being logged into on 6 july in las palmas !!!!! thank you facebook let me back in soon.
I know this review is meant to be all about hemmingways and a lot of it is but if I start war and peace comes out, and I would like people to be aware of what could and may happen, hopefully not but be on your guard!! so a big thank you to Edward and family you are truly very kind and very well know on the island for various things......! thanks steve for a good week out hibernating in my corner or not!!! and thanks to elvis, gary and esp alberto for an amazing week of sound!!! best wishes c u soon, be warned sorry steve but I will be back its not a threat its apromise!!.... from Ruth in clun, Shropshire near Ludlow.

• Visited July 2013