We stayed at the san jorge from the 5th may until the 19th may 07.
We had to check into the middle reception being antigua, even though we were staying in the san jorge.
Was a bit disappointed that they had split our family up putting 2 of us on one floor either ends and my mum on the above floor. Was told this is because airtours will only stay in the san-jorge part of the hotel and there isnt a lot of s/c studios.
There is 2 supermarkets onsite one is open from morning till midnight and the other a couple of hrs in the morning then a couple of hrs in the afternoon. There is also a laundrette on site.
There is 3 pools the one in the suites being the quietest out of them all. Each pool has its own snack bar/cafe.
Bedding was only changed once a week and towels changed on mon,wed and friday. there is no cleaner on thursdays and sundays.
The rooms are very clean but do lack storage space , there was a wardrobe with 6 coathangers and 2 bed side lockers with 1 drawer each which was a struggle when there was 3 of us in this room. we had 2 lay one of the suitcases in the bottom of the wardrobe as a glorified drawer and the other suitcase under the dresser as another drawer.
The kitchen part in our room was smaller than the wardrobe the lenght being the size of the sink and drainer with a single hob next to it. There was no cupboard space for any food u purchased. They did have built in microwaves , kettle and toaster.
We found all the staff really helpful and pleasant. especially Francis at reception.
There was a offer on whilst we was there to upgrade to all inclusive for 20 euros each for adults per day. which was a brilliant offer. We got unlimited drinks , including water, also icecream tubs. The breakfast was either the continental, british fryup, there was also cereal, toast and pancakes. Fresh fruit and croissants and danishes.
Dinner u could eat either in the restaurant or at any of the snack bars.
The evening meal was also buffet style in the restaurant and there was always plenty of choice from salads, fish, steaks, pasta, rice, and usually another meat. And of course there was a fridge full of desserts. The drinks were waiter service . Once again in here we found the staff very helpful. especially danni.
There is a couple of bars for the evening . The bufalo bar which had a mini disco for the kids with a caracter called pepe. Then after there was entertainment for the adults. U could use your all inclusive bands in here. There was also another bar called the english bar which also accepted the all inclusive bands. This was a bit quieter and had pool tables in and did cocktails.
The other bar was called the kings arms and u couldnt use the bands in here, but it did a nice pint of beer.
There was a small selection of eating out places with this bein a small resort. But the faldo is well worth a visit.
The beach is about a 5 min walk away but we found that the sea was unsuitable there as the shore was full of rocks and my children couldnt get over them.
But we did discover that there was another beach 5 mins further on.or u could use the golf courtesy bus the hotel laid on free of charge.. This started at 9.45 in the morn and ran every hour. This took u to there atlantico centre a small shopping centre with spar inside it. U walked though and the beaches were on the other side. they had goregeous sand and not a stone in site. But plenty of fish. The beds u could hire for 9 euros for 2.
We also found that if go all inclusive and put your order in b4 6pm the evening b4 the hotel would do u a picnic. which consisted off 2 sandwiches each, a apple, orange, bottle of water, carton of juice and a yogurt.
We have only been back 48 hrs and have already booked for next year as we really enjoyed this holiday very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- smartline Castillo de Antigua is located right on the seafront promenade, and offers a breath-taking view of the Atlantic. The hotel offers a varied activity program for all ages throughout the day. For the younger guests, there is a kids' club at the hotel. If you want to explore the surroundings, the waterfront promenade is very inviting for a stroll, long walks and jogging, and the town centre is just a short walk away! If you want a relaxing holiday, you can chill out by one of the hotel's four pools. smartline Castillo de Antigua features a total of 272 bright and modernly furnished rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste