This was my first holiday abroad for 4 years and it was well worth the wait. We booked through a travel agent to depart from Bristol on 21st May.
Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to me (honesty!!!) it was FA cup final day and was I glad that I had booked the executive lounge at Bristol Airport!! The flight was delayed for several hours because of bad weather and lightening. My boyfriend was less than impressed however when they finally called our flight just as it was going to penalty shots! LOL!
The flight over was good and when we arrived at Fuerteventura the airport was clean and the weather was quite warm.
We travelled with My Travel and the only thing that I will say is that we almost missed our apartment drop off because the rep didn't speak very clearly and us and several other families sitting towards the back of the coach couldn't hear what she was saying.
We stayed in Castillo San Jorge, although we had to check in via the Antigua. They were very helpful and we found our apartment easily.
The apartment was clean and huge considering it was a studio. The kitchen area was an ok size althoguh we didn't eat very much through the day because of the heat and we ate out every night.
The only thing I will say about the hotel is that we were woken up at stupid times in the morning by kids running around the corridor outside and screaming but that is more to do with the parents not being considerate really.
We didn't use the pool very much because we had a balcony which was overlooked by the Antigua and they were doing some renovation work on the aparments opposite so no one was in them which was great! Unfortunately my boyfriend tried to be the tough man and didn't put suncream on the first day (he thought it was quite breezy) and he burnt all on his neck and back, so beware of the sun! It might seem cool but its actually very strong!
Food is reasonable as is alcohol and if your going to eat out, try the restaurant on the corner of the street but on the opposite side of the road (can't remember what it is called) but when we went they had a very nice waiter who looked like the spitting image of Richard Gere back in his pretty woman days! Very pleasing on the eye!!
There is a nice English Pub on the opposite side from the restaurant and I think it is called the Kings Head or something like that. Go and see "Wee Bob" on his karoke nights! Be careful of the cats though, they are very tame and they come up looking for food but I think they might be full of fleas!!
Lots of chipmunks around by the hotel in the rocks and they are fun to feed! Also if you walk along the sea front around to the next beach, there is a ship that has seal shows!
All in all, a very good week away, and a very relaxing break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Caleta de Fuste and only 500m from the Castillo beach and town centre, the Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua suite hotel has everything you need for your self catering holidays. The town centre boasts several shopping and leisure centres, while the beach offers a variety of water or beach sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste