We stayed in the San Jorge apartments from 11th to 18th April, we being myself my husband and our five year old twins. We booked through Lastminute.com and got a very reasonable deal, particularly as they allocated us two apartments as apparantly the one bedrooms only sleep 3, however the sofa has a pull out bed underneath so my two slept quite comfortably on this, and we used the other apartment for storage!
The hotel complex is vast, with three lovely pools, although the one at San Jorge is cold as it is in the shade for quite a lot of the day. There were always plenty of sunbeds. We found the hotel very clean,and the two supermarkets well stocked.
Maid service is five times a week, we always had clean towels, bedding was changed once, and they were very helpful when my small daughter was sick one night, and provided us with clean bedding immediately. The apartments themselves were sparsely stocked, and we were self catering, but who wants to eat in on holiday??
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the main resort if you take the scenic route, which is lovely - feed the chipmunks on the way. It is only 5 minutes the other way which is handy if youre in a hurry. i recommend the Fado Rock Steakhouse, where you get a massive portion served up on skillets for you to help yourself - this restaurant is always packed full which is a good sign!
It is windy, which can be annoying when you get a mouthful of sand, and cool when the sun goes behind a cloud, which it did quite a lot, although we still came back with great tans! Take a cardi for the evening.
Avoid the Baku waterpark like the plague! It is a total rip off! We got a bus there, which was fun cos we got to see a bit of the island, but the park itself is vastly overpriced. They charge you a huge entrance fee, on top of that you have to pay for tyres, which if you dont buy you cant ride on two of the rides, they also charge you for the sunbeds which is outrageous as theres nowhere else to sit! They then closed all the rides at 4.30 which caused uproar as it wasnt supposed to shut until 5, and I had a blazing Spanglish row with an attendant who turned the changing room lights out at 4.45 whilst we were still getting dressed, and refused to turn them back on!!!
However this didnt spoil our overall holiday. Come to the San Jorge apartments for a nice relaxing break, dont expect amazing nightlife, cos there isnt any, but as a family, we would definately return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Caleta de Fuste and only 500m from the Castillo beach and town centre, the Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua suite hotel has everything you need for your self catering holidays. The town centre boasts several shopping and leisure centres, while the beach offers a variety of water or beach sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste