As one lady has already mentioned, being situated over three complexes is a little confusing! We arrived late evening then had to treck to the last block where we were which was the castillo suites. First impression was, massive room/apartment with small kitchen area which did not bother us as we were AI. Seperate bedroom, living area with comfy coutch but very small telly! Small bathroom but, and... NO AIR CON!!! Was confused as i imagined most places had AC now??!!
First day we realised that the sun loungers were those really uncomfortable plastic ones which I could not lie on for 2 weeks so found that we could rent matress from the shop-5 euro each deposit a day then 1 euro to hire so we spent 20 euros extra just on those.
Then, the towel situation occured with the jobs- worth pool attendant. There were signs saying you could not reserve loungers between 10 and half 6, ok fair enough. We were up at 7.15 and then had to sit with them as the pool guy was going round swiping all towels if no body was on them and putting them all into a big tub. However, he was then swiping them after the times that were allowed!! he even began to take them when people were having lunch! He said half an hour to us, so we had to take in turns to go for breakfast and lunch with other familes we met to all guard each others towels- NOT GOOD.
Rooms were given a cats lick of a clean, one day left with one clean towel between 2 of us and heard that it had happened to others so rang reception and got 4 towels. Beds were only changed once in whole stay on second to last??!
Food, ok a bit bland. Ok if you like chips, chips, chips or pasta! Staff very nice, very friendly, got the impression understaffed though. Drinks very strong!!
Overall, an ok stay just apart from the few little things. Fantasic location, brilliant veiws of sea. Caleta town itself lovley and quiet, nice restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- smartline Castillo de Antigua is located right on the seafront promenade, and offers a breath-taking view of the Atlantic. The hotel offers a varied activity program for all ages throughout the day. For the younger guests, there is a kids' club at the hotel. If you want to explore the surroundings, the waterfront promenade is very inviting for a stroll, long walks and jogging, and the town centre is just a short walk away! If you want a relaxing holiday, you can chill out by one of the hotel's four pools. smartline Castillo de Antigua features a total of 272 bright and modernly furnished rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste