“Fidelity card”

Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Applied for a fidelity card before going after reading other reviews , what a waste of time , I asked 3 times for a room upgrade and when I was finally told we could have one it would have been 2 days AFTER we arrived home , will not be returning to any Elba hotel

Room Tip: If you want a sea view don,t rely on your fedelity card
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandyjess
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Sandyjess,

thank you for your comment, I'm sorry for your disappointment but as you can read at the Elba Hotels web page the fidelity card give to you many advantages, but under availability! The room upgrade is not automatic, if is not possible to upgrade your room at the check in normally we do that as soon as possible. I'm really sorry for this misunderstanding.
I hope you can decide to give us another chance, you will always be welcome at the Elba Hotels.

Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I will start with the positives. The sea view rooms have a really nice view in fact you could not ask for better, we pre booked ours as even though we had a fidelity card we didn't want to chance not being able to get one, and its well worth the extra. The staff are all very friendly and work very hard, did not come across any that were unhelpful. We had a problem with our shower and maintenance had it sorted within the hour. The room themselves were very tired and badly in need of updating, which I believe is happening in the san Jorge part of the hotel, we were in the Antigua part and could not hear any building work at all. The fridge door didn't shut properly and was rusty on the outside, but as we were A.L. we only used it for a few cans of beer, water and pop. The beds were really comfortable slept well every night. towels were changed every day. sheets once a week. No Air Con, No hairdryer, No TV unless you payed for remote which is a bit disappointing you would expect it to be free after all its not the cheapest hotel we could have stayed in. The food I thought was not good at all, we have stayed A.L. all over the world and food wise it was def one of the worst, lot of repetition and cold. The entertainment was dire to say the least, the team did work hard but it just wasn't good. There should be a bar where you could just go and sit for a chat if you didn't want the entertainment, but there is only the one. The A.L. finished at 11pm then in 2 mins the place was empty, you are supposed to be able to buy drinks after if that's what you want but they didn't seem to encourage this. We ate out 3 nights and 2 lunch times and we were only there for 1 week. I can highly recommend the restaurant called 15 the food is out of this world, well worth a visit but book as it is busy. Aberdeen steak house is always busy and was very good.

Room Tip: We had sea view room 2235 excellent view, overlooking the pool so can be noisy during the day, but q...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Happytraveler668551,

thanks so much for sharing your experience on this website, our priority is to meet the expectative of our guest and this is the best eay to now how we can improve and keep growing.
I'm sorry about the little problems you have had, but we are aware that any person is a different world, and is almost impossible to make everybody happy at the same time, anyway I appreciate your mention about our fantastic staff and our services.
I hope you decide to give us a new chance to show you our professionality, we always do our best!
Hope to see you back!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day stay at the San Jorge and had a fabulous holiday.We are a family of 5,a 14 yr old, a 10 yr old and an 8 yr old plus us parents.The all inc food was delicious and had something different for every meal,plus all the snacks and drinks throughout the day/night which is perfect with kids appetites.The entertainment was good for us parents but the mini disco was beyond brilliant with Oswald and Anita and my kids are still doing the dances at home.Oswald and Anita included my 14yr old in the other games like "water basket" and darts etc.The hotels perfectly close to the beach and many shops and restaurants if you needed them.The rooms need a slight refurbishment,our apt was a 2 bed with sea view and was great for us and was spacious.We will be returning in the future as we enjoyed this holiday so much.The staff are very friendly and helpful,especially the restaurant staff,all so happy to help.The main reception girls are a bit grumpy and one lady called Raquel bit my nose off with a sharp "NO"!! when i asked if we could keep our room for 4 hours as the hotels was clearly half empty.The only other 2 problems we encountered were the fact id emailed on a few occasions asking if there would be any Halloween celebrations and told NO only to have 2 little kids very upset when there was a Halloween party with everyone dressed up and they did not have their costumes due to be informed by Ana Maria Buitrago that they did not celebrate Halloween.Then on the 4th Nov id requested a basket of fruit for my daughters Birthday and was given fruit that was well past its freshness and was thrown away and looked like the restaurant left overs.All in all our stay at the San Jorge was 99/100% and i would tell anyone to stay for a fantastic holiday and our family will be making a stay here again in the future. Our Room 2315 had the most fantastic view of the rocks and sea and was heaven to wake up to every morning

Room Tip: Get yourself an Elba Fidelity card as you get the upgraded room with seaview and a full fridge of co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LisawoffyParkes
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear LisawoffyParkes,

thank you very much to write this comment and to share your sensations with all the world. I have readed carefully your observations and I'm sorry about the misunderstandings, I'll do the best I can so that will not happen again.
About the rest I'm so proud of your words, thanks to mentioning our rooms, food and our friendly staff!
We know how important is to make the childrens happy in order to get a very good holidays, I will personally share your compliments with Oswald and Anita.
We really hope to see you back again soon!

Best regards from Fuerteventura.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Arrived at the hotel a party of 4 adults in our 50s, slow to check in and we showed our fidelity card but that was a waste of time. Our rooms were dated in the San Jorge, looks deserted when you go through reception as it is not manned. We told them we weren't happy with our rooms, very old, dated, markes on wall, camp beds, had to fill bath with shower head, over looking the main road with bin men waking you up about 3 in the morning.Rooms 1203 & 1204. They offered to move us on day 3 of our weeks holiday, which to me seemed pointless, Never got a welcome pack, never got to keep on room on for our late flight. We always go on holiday when the kids are off school as one of our party works in a school and has to take that week off. We have never experienced anything like the kids in this hotel. Hundreds of them taking over the pool in the Antigua and the English bar on a night time was horrific. They is no where for couples to go and chill out and have a drink after evening meal, so we ended up going out every night even though we were all incl. The food was very nice always something to find to eat. The staff are friendly and work very hard, but there is not enough of them. The hotel is a definite 3 star and we would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill b

Dear JillB,

first of all thank you very much to share your experience with all the user of this web. I'm sorry that the stay has not lived up to your expectations, we work hard and we do our best to offer the better service as possible to our guest.
Normally we ask our fidelity members to advise us before arrival to prepare a room with a welcome pack, and also to give a room upgrade in case of availability.
We are a family 3 star hotel, so I'm sorry if was not what you expected but anyway I ask you a new chance to show you our profesionality.
Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and our food.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a really good stay here.2 bed apartment with sea view. Nice and quiet away from the evening din. Large clean rooms with massive terrace. It is a good central point to explore the island, we went all over and found beautiful beaches, quiet coves and fantastic mountain views. Couldn't do AI as far too restrictive. Car hire 100€ week well worth it!
Plan to return.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank DSDevilsmachine

Dear DSDevilsmachine,

thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate that you spend your time for write a good review about our hotel, I would like to thank you also for mentioning the quality of our room and the environment of the island.
We are already waiting for your return.

Best regards

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just got home last night after a week of winter sun with my mum, partner and 4 year old daughter, this was booked as a birthday present by my mum and after booking I had a look at some of the reviews and started to get a bit nervous, just felt I had to leave a review to set a few things straight.....
Firstly this is a 3 star hotel and I haven't seen anywhere or heard anywhere that it claims to be more. If you are expecting a 4 or 5 star then book one! I have travelled a lot and believe me have stayed in 3* accommodation that was a lot lot worse!
ROOM
We arrived and checked in very quickly, our room number was 2125 which was a two bedroomed sea view apartment, we were all inclusive so didn't need the kitchen however it was very handy to have a full sized fridge (which incidently was stocked with beer, water and coke). both bedrooms and the living area were very spacious with huge wardrobes and beds. The bathroom was adequate but perhaps a little on the small side but you know what for a week you manage!! The balcony was huge!!! and we had a fantastic view however we did panic about the noise a bit when we realised that we were directly above the English Pub (i'll come back to this), all in all the rooms were a bit dated but they were clean and comfortable and a maid came in every day even though it said on the info sheet that they didn't come on a sunday or tuesday. We actually got clean towels every day (even though it said only every other day) and they made the beds and even folded clothes up which is above and beyond any expectations. we also realised that we didn't have a single plug in the room, we reported it to reception and by the time we had gone out and come back three had appeared.

COMMUNAL/POOL AREAS
The communal areas were clean (not spotless but nothing to complain about) as were the pool areas. There were two pools as there are two separate parts to the hotel (the Antigua and the Jorge) we were in the Antigua so tended to favour that pool but we did go through and use the other pool this is when we realised that yes there was some work going on but as previously mentioned the rooms were dated and the hotel was having a makeover. you can't expect a business to close down completely there was noise from the work men but you can get away from it the hotel is BIG enough! and at the end of the day if you are not happy you have a voice use it!!

RESTAURANT/BARS
The restaurant was huge and the service fab!! couldn't fault the waiters/waitresses at all they were always very happy and pleased to see you and nothing was too much trouble. IT was typical 3* All Inclusive, and yes it does get a bit monotonous which is why we don't mind having a meal out a couple of times for a change. My only little niggle was we struggled to find much for my daughter which was partly because she is a fussy eater but there could maybe have been more options for kids.
The Snack Bar served hot meals and snacks 12 - 1 then 3 - 5 so you always had that as an alternative and they snacks here were delicious and freshly cooked.
The English pub was where all the entertainment took place on a night and was a lovely room and again the staff were excellent (especially Emma!!) going back to what I said before about being worried about our room being directly above, this actually worked in our favour with having a young child who went to bed at approx 10pm it meant that we could sit on the balcony and enjoy the music and one of us only had to go down one flight of stairs to get a drink to bring up.

ENTERTAINMENT
It's what you make it! It was our first time travelling with our daughter so we knew we weren't going to be able to go out in the resort too much but the entertainment certainly didn't leave us twiddling our thumbs. There was something different every night from singers to Magicians (who were fab!) to daft mr and mrs games organised by Oswald. Oswald and Anita the animation/entertainment team were fantastic with kids and adults alike!! My 4 year old is quite shy but by day 3 she was joining in with the mini disco which was great fun and entertaining for the adults as well, she also settled well in the kids club on a morning which gave us an hours peace and quiet!

RESORT
The resort itself is much nicer and cleaner than Corralejo which is where we have normally gone as a couple as it's busier. This was perfect for families. The beach was literally a ten minute walk either along the sea front promenade or through the town. The town itself is quite spread out with shops and bars/restaurants dotted about all over but all within easy walking distance. We did get ripped off one night in one bar where we paid 26euro for 6 drinks!! then we went in the next and paid 6euro for 4 drinks so if you do go out just be careful to check prices first! most bars have a happy hour and we found a fab restaurant called Nestars (but i'll leave a separate review on there!) definitely recommend eating there at least one night!!

I've probably rambled on enough now but really felt I had to give an honest review and really hope this helps!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank eef09
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear eef09,

is a big pleasure for me to read such a complete and positive comment! Our priority is to meet the satisfaction of our client, so I'm really proud!
I like to read all of your observations, written with sincerity, so thanks again for all the kind words, I will take your compliments to the staff.
I'm also glad to know that you appreciated our rooms, restaurant and common areas, and really important as well, our animation team! Our guys are the first to enjoy to spend time with kids and make your holidays as better as possible!
After such a beautiful comment I really hope to see you again very soon and will be a big pleasure for me to welcome you personally!

Best regards!

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 30 th October fast check in we did upgrade to all inclusive using our fedility card , we had two rooms as 7 of us rooms very clean but very dated towels clean but old excellent fridge shower slow ,we were in 2037 over looking dog and duck a little loud some nights but didn't bother our family . Restaurant and snack bar food excellent lots off choice staff very friendly quick to take dirty plates away , food cooked well , great service on drinks in the restaurant they work hard to make you meal times run smoothly . Self service on soft drinks and ice creams in the snack bar .pool side clean but slippy , all ways a sun bed lots of shade but pools freezing which was a shame as it's very off putting , shop on site area lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance beach 10 min walk good clean beach and harbour . Chipmunks on the rocks near hotel put some cucumber on the rocks and sit and wait they do come out . Value for money yes will go back maybe when refurberd complete . Our children made friends their were a loverly bunch of well behaved children their a credit to their parents .

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kingstondiesel

Dear Kingstondiesel,

thank you very much to share your opinion and your experience on the web, this is the perfect way to get a real feed back.
I appreciate all your observations about our services like the restaurant , rooms and location.
I'm also proud to know that you liked our miniclub, I think is a very important service to make possible a good vacation for everybody, kids and parents!
We hope you are thinking to visit us again, in this case will be a big pleasure to welcome you one more time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
1 mi away
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#6 of 27 in Antigua

Been to Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!