“Excellent for us.”

Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel
Marlborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent for us.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a really good stay here.2 bed apartment with sea view. Nice and quiet away from the evening din. Large clean rooms with massive terrace. It is a good central point to explore the island, we went all over and found beautiful beaches, quiet coves and fantastic mountain views. Couldn't do AI as far too restrictive. Car hire 100€ week well worth it!
Plan to return.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank DSDevilsmachine
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear DSDevilsmachine,

thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate that you spend your time for write a good review about our hotel, I would like to thank you also for mentioning the quality of our room and the environment of the island.
We are already waiting for your return.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (943)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Great Ayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just got home last night after a week of winter sun with my mum, partner and 4 year old daughter, this was booked as a birthday present by my mum and after booking I had a look at some of the reviews and started to get a bit nervous, just felt I had to leave a review to set a few things straight.....
Firstly this is a 3 star hotel and I haven't seen anywhere or heard anywhere that it claims to be more. If you are expecting a 4 or 5 star then book one! I have travelled a lot and believe me have stayed in 3* accommodation that was a lot lot worse!
ROOM
We arrived and checked in very quickly, our room number was 2125 which was a two bedroomed sea view apartment, we were all inclusive so didn't need the kitchen however it was very handy to have a full sized fridge (which incidently was stocked with beer, water and coke). both bedrooms and the living area were very spacious with huge wardrobes and beds. The bathroom was adequate but perhaps a little on the small side but you know what for a week you manage!! The balcony was huge!!! and we had a fantastic view however we did panic about the noise a bit when we realised that we were directly above the English Pub (i'll come back to this), all in all the rooms were a bit dated but they were clean and comfortable and a maid came in every day even though it said on the info sheet that they didn't come on a sunday or tuesday. We actually got clean towels every day (even though it said only every other day) and they made the beds and even folded clothes up which is above and beyond any expectations. we also realised that we didn't have a single plug in the room, we reported it to reception and by the time we had gone out and come back three had appeared.

COMMUNAL/POOL AREAS
The communal areas were clean (not spotless but nothing to complain about) as were the pool areas. There were two pools as there are two separate parts to the hotel (the Antigua and the Jorge) we were in the Antigua so tended to favour that pool but we did go through and use the other pool this is when we realised that yes there was some work going on but as previously mentioned the rooms were dated and the hotel was having a makeover. you can't expect a business to close down completely there was noise from the work men but you can get away from it the hotel is BIG enough! and at the end of the day if you are not happy you have a voice use it!!

RESTAURANT/BARS
The restaurant was huge and the service fab!! couldn't fault the waiters/waitresses at all they were always very happy and pleased to see you and nothing was too much trouble. IT was typical 3* All Inclusive, and yes it does get a bit monotonous which is why we don't mind having a meal out a couple of times for a change. My only little niggle was we struggled to find much for my daughter which was partly because she is a fussy eater but there could maybe have been more options for kids.
The Snack Bar served hot meals and snacks 12 - 1 then 3 - 5 so you always had that as an alternative and they snacks here were delicious and freshly cooked.
The English pub was where all the entertainment took place on a night and was a lovely room and again the staff were excellent (especially Emma!!) going back to what I said before about being worried about our room being directly above, this actually worked in our favour with having a young child who went to bed at approx 10pm it meant that we could sit on the balcony and enjoy the music and one of us only had to go down one flight of stairs to get a drink to bring up.

ENTERTAINMENT
It's what you make it! It was our first time travelling with our daughter so we knew we weren't going to be able to go out in the resort too much but the entertainment certainly didn't leave us twiddling our thumbs. There was something different every night from singers to Magicians (who were fab!) to daft mr and mrs games organised by Oswald. Oswald and Anita the animation/entertainment team were fantastic with kids and adults alike!! My 4 year old is quite shy but by day 3 she was joining in with the mini disco which was great fun and entertaining for the adults as well, she also settled well in the kids club on a morning which gave us an hours peace and quiet!

RESORT
The resort itself is much nicer and cleaner than Corralejo which is where we have normally gone as a couple as it's busier. This was perfect for families. The beach was literally a ten minute walk either along the sea front promenade or through the town. The town itself is quite spread out with shops and bars/restaurants dotted about all over but all within easy walking distance. We did get ripped off one night in one bar where we paid 26euro for 6 drinks!! then we went in the next and paid 6euro for 4 drinks so if you do go out just be careful to check prices first! most bars have a happy hour and we found a fab restaurant called Nestars (but i'll leave a separate review on there!) definitely recommend eating there at least one night!!

I've probably rambled on enough now but really felt I had to give an honest review and really hope this helps!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank eef09
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear eef09,

is a big pleasure for me to read such a complete and positive comment! Our priority is to meet the satisfaction of our client, so I'm really proud!
I like to read all of your observations, written with sincerity, so thanks again for all the kind words, I will take your compliments to the staff.
I'm also glad to know that you appreciated our rooms, restaurant and common areas, and really important as well, our animation team! Our guys are the first to enjoy to spend time with kids and make your holidays as better as possible!
After such a beautiful comment I really hope to see you again very soon and will be a big pleasure for me to welcome you personally!

Best regards!
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 30 th October fast check in we did upgrade to all inclusive using our fedility card , we had two rooms as 7 of us rooms very clean but very dated towels clean but old excellent fridge shower slow ,we were in 2037 over looking dog and duck a little loud some nights but didn't bother our family . Restaurant and snack bar food excellent lots off choice staff very friendly quick to take dirty plates away , food cooked well , great service on drinks in the restaurant they work hard to make you meal times run smoothly . Self service on soft drinks and ice creams in the snack bar .pool side clean but slippy , all ways a sun bed lots of shade but pools freezing which was a shame as it's very off putting , shop on site area lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance beach 10 min walk good clean beach and harbour . Chipmunks on the rocks near hotel put some cucumber on the rocks and sit and wait they do come out . Value for money yes will go back maybe when refurberd complete . Our children made friends their were a loverly bunch of well behaved children their a credit to their parents .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kingstondiesel
Dear Kingstondiesel,

thank you very much to share your opinion and your experience on the web, this is the perfect way to get a real feed back.
I appreciate all your observations about our services like the restaurant , rooms and location.
I'm also proud to know that you liked our miniclub, I think is a very important service to make possible a good vacation for everybody, kids and parents!
We hope you are thinking to visit us again, in this case will be a big pleasure to welcome you one more time!

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel,my wife and i having stayed the corresponding week last year.I decided to book this year to celebrate my 60th birthday,taking our son,daughter and partner and two grand children.I registered to the Elba fidelity card scheme hoping to get sea view rooms (having paid £120 last year).The travel agent emailed the hotel the week before we traveled giving details of my card number.We arrived card in hand to find we had a sea view room and the other room (although we were advised we were only entitled to one)was next door the manager having authorised it.The rooms are large with separate bedroom with a massive bed.There were two robes on the bed,the fridge had complimentary water,pop and beer.(both rooms).The restaurant selection is excellent,breakfast get fresh omelete,pancakes fried eggs if you dont mind waiting a few minutes.At lunch and evening meal fresh cooked steak,fish or chops(ok some of the self service on the buffet could be warm rather than hot but there is a microwave if you need).Usual drinks available,entertainment day and evening.Superb position on the sea front.Excellent hard working staff polite and with a smile.The entertainment team work tirelessly.there was some work being done on the San Jorje part we did not hear it from the Antigua but you could hear it when you walked by so it could be a problem for those staying
in that part,but it can only be good for future visitors.In reply to other reviews there is no air con so it could get a little warm in the room but with a sea view room we could leave the door and window open in the night.Old televisions but there is only to english news channels besides do you go on holiday to watch TV.Funiture a little dated but again how long do you spend in your room.More important to have clean bedding and towels which we had every day although the info suggested not.Every hotel in the world has good and bad rooms maybe we have been lucky.
I would like to use this space to sincerely thank the manager and all his staff for making it a holiday to remember.I would love to go back but i believe the hotel is no longer listed as an Elba
hotel so i would not benefit from the Elba card.Although i am sure the standard of service will remain the same. .

Room Tip: Sea view room a must but you may have to pay for the priveledge,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert M
Dear Robert M,

first of all I would like to thank you for such a long and positive comment, is a big pleasure for me to answer!
Thanks also for your kind words about our staff, our services and our rooms, but the most important thing is that you visited us twice and every time has been a good experience for you, so this mean that we are going on the right direction.
Your satisfaction is our best reward!
About your last observation, I can guarantee you that the hotel will stay in the Elba chain for a long time, so... see you next year!
Contact us before you arrive!

Best regards from Fuerteventura
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in august 2013 for 2 weeks and i would say it was a very basic holiday, the hotel was only 3* so you got what you were given. there were only 2 pools and one of them only got a couple of hours a day of sunlight. the beach was very far down the road which meant a long walk. the weather wasnt very good, as some of the days it was very cloudy & the last day there was a very bad thunder & lighten storm which lasted the whole day. there were a few sunny days but it only lasted a couple of hours.
on the plus side the food was 'ok' it changed every night which made it more interesting.
the best thing about the holiday was seein the cats every day, they were extremly friendly and loved spending time with people!
i would recommend the going to the Oasis park, this is a zoo and had lots & lots of animals to feed!
the staff were very friendly & kind
the room was clean & safe!

Room Tip: choose a sea view room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ac Student S,

thank you very much to write a comment, the feed back of our client is the best opportunity than we have to improve our services.
Thank you very much for the kind words about our staff and our food, but I'm really sorry about the weather, normally in August is sunny every day, you was not lucky, and I understand your disappointment.
I think is not possible to visit fuerteventura twice and find a bad weather twice, so I hope you decide to visit us soon!

Best regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently returned from hotel, had a better than average week.
We only went Bed and Breakfast, we were pleased with this arrangement as we felt that the complex lacked a little in the way of bar fascilities.
The breakfast was more than adequate with a wide variety and choice.
The rooms were adequate , large and we thought very clean although talking to people, not the same for every one.
Bedding and towels looked a litle tired but they were changed frequently and were clean.
Over all decent complex, a little tired compared to others.
People, when you read reviews expect 5 star but dont want to pay for it.
We had a very enjoyable week with "not a lot" to moan about.
The DOG AND DUCK PUB is definately worth a mention as this was a perfect watering hole, extemely friendly pub and an overall good place to have a drink.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view - get the ELBA fidelity loyaly card
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank matin h
Dear Matin h,

thank you very much for your opinion, our priority is the satisfaction of our guests and we are so glad to know that in this case we have met your expectations.
Thank you for all your observations and for highlighting the importance of the category.
Hope you come back soon, we will be so happy to welcome you again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed there the week of the 19th Oct. When we arrived we had requested sea views, yes we got a sea view up a alley that was overlooked by another building and you had to put your head over balcony to see the sea. Also it was the shaded side so we asked if we could be moved - oh yes the receptionist said come back tomorrow so we did. We were told there was none except in the end building where all the work has started, however we thought it would be a little bit quieter than having reggae music getting blasted out in the early hours and having a pub on the corner opposite to us. We now overlooked the skips where people came daily to remove stuff from it in there cars - they got them all; pots pans box's, great entertainment Thomas cook... . They did not inform us of the renovations which we had men working outside our bedroom window every morning at 8 am. I found this hotel to be all front and very dated inside the pool area was good plenty of beds and handy for walks that are flat. The restaurant was average there is a chef trying to cook bits of meat, warm pasta, fry chips. My biggest concern is that plates of prawns and cooked meats were on glass coloured cubes with a energy bulb under not a good idea. Also it is waiter service when on all inclusive you have to have a slip of paper each time even for water. The bed sheets only get changed once a week and towels 3 times a week- we never got done on the wed as they had forgot and there is no cleaning on a Thur so when I rang reception for clean towels and toilet rolls you would think I had committed a sin as I would not go to reception to pick them up after paying over 1,000 pounds for a holiday I thought it a bit rich to have to be humiliated to collect toilet rolls on my holidays. I rang an hour later as they did not bring them and I asked to speak to manager he was busy funnily enough. They did arrive by a grumpy house keeper. On one day about half 10 in the morning, we were making a phone call in our room when there was a knock at the door, we didn't answer it straight away however the people thought 'lets just go in' as there was a housekeeper and 2 maintenance men who came to collect (without us knowing) the bed beneath the sofa. They didn't seem to think there was a problem... I even asked if there was a shortage of beds... they found it quite funny as they just left. Quite worrying. Always wondered what it's like when bailiffs come.. My opinion would be to keep this part of the hotel closed off until ALL the work is done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear GardenBird60,

thank you very much to share your experience on this web, the best way to improve our work is to know the opinion of our guests.
I already note all your observations and I start right now to work to keep growing.
Thank you also to give us the possibility of reply, I'm sorry about the inconvenient of your room, anyway I'm glad to know that, at the end, you had got a good sea view room.
About the restaurant service, we are so proud to have such a complete service, we are a 3 stars hotel and we have show cooking during breakfast, lunch and dinner, the waiters attend our guests at the table and are one of our most appreciated services, as you can read on this web page.
I would like also to make clear that the decoration of our restaurant is totally safe, so I'm sorry that you didn't like it, but I think is subjective opinion.
I hope you can give us a new possibility, a new chance to show you our professionality, you will always be welcome at this home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
#5 of 27 in Antigua
Hotel Costa Caleta
Hotel Costa Caleta
#11 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!