3,476 results
All reviews sea view dog and duck pub self catering snack bar english pub great holiday sea front one bedroom apartment no air con entertainment team fidelity card on the rocks thomas cook plenty of choice free bus hit and miss reception staff
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed 29th May to 12th June 2013. There was 3 2adults and one child aged 19 months. westayed all inclusive. It's my first and last time in Feuterventura.

The hotel from the outside looks nice inside the main reception area is lovely however, the rest of the hotel is dated.

The room was a little apartment which had the self catering facilities. I found having the fridge very helpful. The room was dated but as your on holiday there isn't much time spent in the room.

The all inclusive - breakfast was the best meal of the day they catered for everyone with cereal, freshly cooked omelettes, English style breakfast and continental style breakfast. Breakfast is served between 8 and 10.

After 10 am you can eat in the snack bar at the pool area here you can get burger, hotdog, ham or cheese toastie and chip. You could get tea coffee and hot chocolate but only in a plastic cup ( make sure you use 3cups or you will burn your fingers off) you can also get soft drinks, beer and spirits. The drinks are served until about 6 at the pool area however the food is only available when the main dining area is closed.

Lunch is served from 1-3 this is a Buffett style Andre menus was pretty similar every lunch time and every dinner time. If you like pork and fish then you will love the Buffett. With lunch and dinner you are unable to get a cup of tea, coffee or spirits.

The staff in the restaurants and pool area are lovely very friendly and helpful.

The pub area and entertainment area serve tea, coffee (in plastic cups) along with soft drinks, beer, spirits and cocktails the cocktail list for the all inclusive is diabolical with 3 cocktails on the list. All inclusive is served until 11pm.

There is a kids mini disco every night with the entertainment staff which the kids and some of the adults see, to really enjoy it, the other entertainment isn't my style however it did change night on night.

The pool areas and clean however if you go in May/ June then expect them to be freezing. They were too cold to enter. The 2nd pool area which is suppose to have a bar and swim up bar however these were not open meaning you had to walk through to the next building to go to the bar area or go to the toilet. On our last day the pool area was being cleaned however they left all the dirt and rubbish in the pool. Around the pool area is very slippy and I saw a number of people falling over.

There is a play park in the hotel which the children enjoy my only criticism is the flooring which is sponge tiles however they are not laid evenly meaning as the children are running around its like a mine field falling over the gaps etc.

If you have children then you may want to request to stop in building one. We stayed in building to which was very nosy and often difficult to get my don to sleep as it sounded like the entertainment was in the kitchen area :/

The island itself doesn't have mich to do. We did visit the zoo which I would definitely recommend. There is a free bus from the hotel and you can buy your ticket off the rep which is an open ticket. If you do get the chance to visit then check out the sea lion show.

Due to the poor menu we ate out about 5 nights. Fado Rock is a fantastic restaurants and the meals were amazing and reasonably priced.

I would not o back to the island due to the lack of things to do. I f I were to ever go back I would certainly not stop at the San Jorge!

3  Thank Clrbear
CASTILLOSANJORGE, General Manager at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Clrbear:
Thanks very much for your review, we respect your opinion and point of view. We work very hard in order to offer our guest a good quality of services.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

After ready bad reviews on here I was very apprehensive but I could not have been more wrong. The welcome from all that staff here was fantastic. So friendly. Always hello when they saw you. The restaurant staff could not do enough to serve you and make sure you had a pleasant meal, the cleaning staff did a very good job making beds and leaving clean towels and the entertainment staff were brilliant with the kids, adults too! Always something fun to do if you wanted to. The accommodation was more than satisfactory for me send my family. The food was always fresh and plenty of choice. Drinks were always available on the all inclusive. The location of the hotel is perfect for the resort. Set on the rocks but only a 10 min walk to beach and 5 to bars, restaurants and shops. My family and I had a very enjoyable holiday here and would not hesitate on returning or recommending!

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank EllieandGary

Dear EllieandGary:
Thanks very much to share your experience with the traveller community. It´s really good to know that you have a FANTASTIC HOLIDAY!!!
Hope to see you again with us.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here Easter break time, party of 6 ranging from 14 years to 70 years, the reason I am writing this review is due to some other reviews on here about money going missing, we also experienced the do not disturb sign on our room door which we didn't do !!! The room hadnt been cleaned and there was 20 euros missing. I took it upon my self to rip the sign up so it wouldn't happen again.

Apart from that holiday was relaxing which is what we were looking for, we didn't go hungry or thirsty there was always something that took our fancy.

Would I recommend no, it suited our needs at the time but won't return to this hotel, we would be happy to return to the island.

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank Roseann2810
Reviewed June 8, 2013

stayed at the antigua suites from 25th may till 5th June. Weather was glorious. Two days it was cloudy and it rained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 5 drops of rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The food was excellent the staff first class. There is always something to do if you take the time out to find it.!!!! We had a sea view. Clear brilliant blue sea and sky as far as the eye could see. Fuerteventura is known as the windy island as it is so close to africa and the sahara dessert. The trouble with the wind is that you don't realise how hot it really is and you can get very sunburnt on a cloudy day. If you want a lively resort then correlejo further up the coast is the place to be. Caleta-de-fuste is naturally barren but has some beautiful mountains and colourful plants and flowers and it is so convenient. Airport is only 10 mins away. We have made some truly good friends over the years and they welcome us back each time as if it is our very first visit!!! We call fuerteventura our home and always say we are coming home. We have been to the island in every season and cannot find one complaint. Calte is truly a remarkable place with some of the best people you will ever find. Thank you again Nelson and your team (our spanish family) Thank You.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank dreafueretegirl

Dear Andrea, Simon and Jordan.
One more time Thanks very much for your confidence as a part of our Elba Family is nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
See you soon.
Regards

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Myself and a party of 14 others stayed here for 7 nights from 22nd to 29th May on an All Inclusive basis aged between 10 years to 50 years old, I am 21. Our room overlooked the sea but with little else to look at as it was all barren land which is mainly what Fuerteventura consists of, so not the best balcony view i have ever had. Me and my partner didn't book the holiday as we went with his family members so thought we would go along for a change so didn't really know what to expect when we got here. Food was standard, nothing that brilliant but you wouldn't go hungry, beans at breakfast time were always lukewarm so i only ate them once and another day i looked at them they were all congealed and there was a film over the beans where they had gone funny, it looked disgusting, I also had to complain one evening when i went to add grated cheese to my pasta and it had all bits of mold in there, where they had probably had it out the evening before too which wouldn't surprise me, the chef apologized and poured a fresh lot in there but to me the standards had already slipped, do they not check these things? my favorite meal had to be lunchtime in the snack bar, there were hotdogs, burger and chips and that sort of thing, although anyone can rustle up burger and chips, it was nice though so I'm not complaining! I was only able to go swimming once as the swimming pool we used was freezing, you literally had to throw yourself in if you wanted a swim as you just couldn't bring yourself to get in, I have been to many hot countries in the past and never had this problem before, bearing in mind we did go in May and the weather wasn't as hot as it could of been so might of been down to that, apparently the swimming pool in front of the snack bar was slightly warmer though but we never got round to trying that as the weather wasn't that brilliant at the best of times, the wind was quite strong but yet again it is renowned for being a windy island. Couldn't fault the entertainment, there were all sorts of bird and animal shows, singers and other types of acts which were impressive and made for an entertaining hour or so. There wasn't much choice for drinks if you wanted to try a different cocktail or something, there were only three choices on the All inclusive list of cocktails and i only liked one unfortunately. It wasn't a very lively place if I'm honest, there was just no atmosphere, there were hardly no people my age there, there were also no clubs or nightlife in the main resort either but its a small quiet island and it was early in the season so it had to be the reason but its just not what I'm used to. Don't come here if you want a lively holiday as this isn't it! We had to sleep with the blankets they provide at night as it was cold, we didn't have maid service every day, they came about 3 or 4 times in the week we were there and they would only bring fresh towels if they hadn't specifically come in to clean so you would have to ask at reception if you wanted another clean towel, they either came in to clean or came in to change bed sheets and towels, a different procedure to which i am used to. Overall if me and my partner had come to this specific resort and hotel on our own we would of been very bored so I'm glad there were many of us. I wont be going abroad again in May either, the weather was just too temperamental. This hotel was okay but not brilliant, If you want a quiet holiday and average food come here if not go somewhere else.

Room tip: Choose a room to overlook one of the swimming pools
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank VerityC478
CASTILLOSANJORGE, General Manager at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Verity C: Thanks very much for your review, we take note of the different things you mention in your comment and will work in order to improve the services.