“Nice pools, large rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel

Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
England
“Nice pools, large rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for 11 nights.
If you join club Elba online for free before you go you get a free fruit welcome basket and we got a free room upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite with sea view.

The view was amazing and the apartment was huge. 2 large bedrooms and large living room/kitchen.
There were several pools which were large and clean. Plenty of sun loungers.

The hotel is only a short walk to the main shops and cafes.

There is a free coach from outside the hotel that takes you to the shopping mall

Room Tip: Join club Elba for free upgrade and welcome fruit basket
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Natalie1986
Miguel Angel S, Director General at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2014
Dear Natalie1986,

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience with other travellers.

We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon back in Fuerteventura.

Best Regards,

Miguel Angel Sánchez
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We visited Castillo de Elba in February and it was our third stay in Fuerteventura. We decided to choose Castillo again because of the fantastic staff and padel classes with Roger Nadal :) We had a beautiful, comfortable room on the second floor. The room was, as always very spacious and sunny, which was extremely important for us. The food was delicious. We came back fast for lunch to have our favourite papas arrugadas :) The staff was like our family, extremely kind and supportive. We had the chance to make friends with many great people. Coming back to food, I absolutely love the idea of theme dinners. The food was so delicious, that it was difficult for me to stop eating after 7 o'clock ;) As far as travelling is concerned, this time we visited the South. However, we decided to leave Jandia for our next, summer holiday to enjoy the sun and swim in warm water. We also decided to fill in the forms for the fidelity card, which for us means earlier check-in, later check-out, welcome gift and many other attractions when we come back to Castillo de Elba. To sum up, we would like to thank the whole staff for the fantastic time we had. We'll surely see you soon :) Muchas gracias y hasta pronto :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank dizi7
Dear dizi7,

Thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with us.

We are more than glad that you choose us one time after another to have a rest time at Fuerteventura.

Hope to see you soon,

Miguel Angel Sánchez
Hotel Manager
Wicklow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Castillo De Elbe Hotel at Costa Antigue, during the first two weeks in March. As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, Vanessa. We were made very welcome from the beginning, which in my view is essential. First impressions are so important.
OK, Castillo De Elbe was not the most luxurious of hotels but after all we did book a three star all inclusive and we certainly got what we paid for, and a little bit more.
We found our way to a basic but very comfortable apartment (most comfortable bed we've ever had in a Canarian hotel).
We were a bit disappointed when we saw the dinner buffet, mainly the lack of choice but what was there was very homely and tasty and was consistent over our two weeks.
We awoke on our first morning to see the sun disappear off our balcony at about 10am, a big disappointment for us because we love to use the balcony. We bit the bullet and went down to reception to ask if we could move. The always friendly Vanessa asked if we would mind waiting until the following day so she could consult with her colleague. We were happy to comply. The following morning we approached Vanessa’s colleague who reluctantly “threw” us two keys and suggested we look at two vacant apartments and tell her what we wanted to do. (This person should take some “friendly” lessons from Vanessa). We made our decision and moved into a nice sunny apartment which served us very well for the rest of our stay.
The rest of the staff lived up to Vanessa’s standard and were very friendly and welcoming every day. Willie from Bilbao was particularly chatty and gave us some great local tips.
Castillo De Elbe Hotel is a fresh walk outside the main resort of Calleta De Fuste along a paved walkway with breath-taking views.
Finally I would like to commend “ClickandGo, our booking agent who lived up to expectations and were very helpful.
Anne and Kevin Hoey
Greystones, Ireland.

Room Tip: West facing balconies if you want the sun
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KevinH36H
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Kevin,

All staff and myself want to thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us at Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba.

It is a pleasure to read you have enjoyed your holiday with us. All your positive words will be shared with the team.

As you all over had a very pleasant stay we hope to welcome you again in one of your next holidays and also hope you recommend the Hotel to family and friends so we can be their host in the future. For special requirements, please contact in advance with our reception department.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

17/03/14 5nt trip to this hotel they drained the pool the 1st day & grinding out the tiles around the pool dust everywhere re grouting the next day stripping out the pool & the fibre glass this place will be a mess for ages. The whole place is tired and needs doing up the toilet door did not shut light bulbs kept blowing the toilet flusher broke 4 times every time they fixed it broke again we were flushing with a bucket, the corridors to apt were in darkness we had to use our phone to see the way. The food was poor if you get this cheap except cheap, the free shuttle to Caleta de fuste takes 50 min & coming back 20 min,walking takes 50 min,taxi to caleta de fuste 3 euro 60 & to the airport 9 euros. The manager only offered a spa day or AI between 11 - 6 at sister hotel in caleta de fuste san Jorge(which is really nice we should of stayed there)we asked to move hotels he said NO( the bar is ok though).snack bar shut.

Room Tip: Take a torch corridors dark, take good walking footwear, the pub The Trafalgar in caleta de fuste do...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear tpip16,

The Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba will take the time to thank you for your recent comment on this website about your trip to the hotel.

I feel sorry you could not enjoy the holidays like you expected because of refurbishing works around the pool area and the pool itself.

I personally spoke to you to find a compensation (use AlI Inclusive facilities at sister hotel between 11 and 18, late check-out free, and pic nic for your departure day) and it was totally accepted and signed by you. Unfortunately as I can read you have not been pleased with this.

Nevertheless I hope to welcome you again in Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba so you can convince yourselves the improvements done.

Travelers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through ebookers, having read the reviews, I knew that it wasn't in the best condition, but the photos of the pool area were what swayed me to come!

I arrived at the hotel at around 1930 and was met by a lady in reception, she provided me with all the information, and directions to my room. I found my room which was generally what I expected, a little dated, but good enough to get my head down for the week! I knew I had a room over looking the pool area so went to the balcony to see it in all it's glory... Except it was a building site!!!!! I was furious! There had been no indication on the hotel company website or the holiday company website, but the holiday had been very cheap and now I know why! There is a fundamental flaw in enticing people with cheap stays when you aren't offering all of the facilities and don't advise the customer that your facilities are unavailable.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone to ebookers... Who I might add I will never use again. The receptionist refused to speak with them and ignored phone calls to the reception area. Apparently only the manager could sort it who was not there and would not be there for another hour. Then when I advised the holiday company I would not be staying, they said the cheapest alternative they could fined me was £397. And I would have to make my own way!

I had already paid for a safe in the room, and when I went to leave the receptionist refused to provide me with the money I had paid back, only the deposit. So I lost 16 euros without having used any facilities!

I have now paid for another self catering room which has no self catering facilities. Ebookers will hear from me on my return as all in all the service I've been provided is completely unacceptable. I will be claiming for the taxi, the cost of the new room, the money lost on the safe, and the hour and a half phone call I had to make!!!

The funniest thing is... Another couple who I believe are Spanish, arrived at my new hotel for exactly the same reason!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Londoner_1985_07
Dear MimiRolo,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba.

I am sorry to read that you were not happy with your experience during your holidays and for that reason you left the hotel before your actual departure. I want to let you know that all kind of works going on in the hotel are for improvements to fulfil the expectations of every single customer. The floor around the pool area is being repaired to provide all guests better facilities, so the pool can be used as regular.

Unfortunately I did not have the chance to speak to you personally to find a solution for the inconvenience to avoid your early check-out. I am sure we could have found an agreement.

Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in the new hotel. Hoteles Elba hopes to welcome you again in one of our hotels on the Canary Islands or Mainland Spain to see and enjoy the improvements done every year.

Caleta de Fuste, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was dark and unwelcoming from the get go. We were sent to our room and there is definitely a lack of lighting. Our room was pretty dismal with a large damp patch on the bathroom ceiling. If you wanted anything extra like a toaster, kettle or hair dryer you can rent them at€8 a week and a €10 deposit for each item. There were loose tiles around the swimming pool area. The door to the bar didn't work properly and had to be wedged open. The toilets by the bar were awful - one didn't lock and the other didn't have a light. The week we were there one couple flew home early and three other couples changed hotels. The food was awful too - the bread was fresh other than that it was slops. Go if you want to lose weight!!
Make sure you complain to reception though as you may get a refund or partial. The staff were nice though - thank god for them or it would have been truly horrendous.
It did say there was entertainment but there was none. The area is a bit like a bomb site too. The hotel either needs a lot of tlc or shutting down.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Claire B
Dear Claire,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time writing a review of your experience at Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba even if we were not able to fulfil your expectations.

I respect your opinion but I disagree with some things you have indicated as for example the hotel is dark. All the lights are working properly and there is enough illumination. Our maintenance service rechecks the lights every day and broken bulbs are replaced immediately to provide safety conditions to all customers.

I want to point out that Spanish Law is really strict concerning Health and Safety, and we work with an external company which takes controls of the food and the results have been always excellent. Nevertheless I feel sorry if you did not like the wide range of food we offer to our guests in our breakfast and dinner buffet.

Concerning the entertainment I want to say in our official website does not say anything about having entertainment because in fact we do not offer. All publicity on other websites which is wrong is not under our responsibility despite we try to detect and contact with them to change to prevent false information.

Your positive words about the staff will be passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

lovely hotel with nice and spacious rooms, really liked the hotel but needs to refurbished , checking -in was nice an smooth just need an extra person because it can get busy .
swimming pool was good but unfortunately last 2 days we were unable to use it as they had to clean it and fix some issues probably however very nice . Small shop inside the hotel was very handy. breakfast was 5 euros and so worth buying it. beacon, pastries, yogurts, cereals, fruit, fresh juice, but no veg.
area was quiet with a few restaurants and pubs but no beach we had to travel 10 minutes to a small beach which was o.k but better to rent a car and travel a bit further . overall it was amazing experience, recommended

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank vlastic
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Vlastic,

Thanks for have chosen our hotel as a placed to enjoy your holidays in Fuerteventura and for sharing your comments with the rest of potential clients.

Thanks for indicate you liked our breakfast buffet and our installations. Let me take the opportunity to say we are doing improvements in our complex and I hope in a future visit you can check by yourself.

Please, contact in advance with our reception department for special requirements if you need and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#5 of 28 in Antigua
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,723 reviews

Been to Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!