Having read some of the reviews on this hotel before we went for a week's break I did wonder if we had made the right choice. All I can say is that those who found the hotel and staff lacking should perhaps look to themselves! I can just imagine a review from a couple near us by the pool when the husband voiced his displeasure that a football match was not going to be shown in the bar, as thee was no TV in the bar this probably wasn't a great surprise - if he wanted to watch football why didn't he stay at a hotel that shows it or better still take himself off to several local bars that only seemed to show football, some people just moan for the sake of it!
I would agree that Reception was a bit stretched on arrival but when First Choice drop a whole coach load in one go I doubt any Reception would be able to book everyone in in just a few minutes.
The restaurant was large, the hotel has over 400 bedrooms, so it needs to be, yes, a bit noisy but then there were always a lot of people in there but if you worked it right you could always get a seat outside where it was much quieter ( apart from the odd kid that seemed to think that screeching was a fun thing to do) ! The waiting staff were excellent, always ready with a greeting and to take orders for drinks. The food choice was very good and always kept topped up, those on here who have moaned about it probably wouldn't be satisfied with anything, perhaps they should try the Papillon Zeugma in Turkey, see my review, then they would have something to moan about!
Dining late we are not great ones for entertainment but on our last night the Animation Team were putting on their version of We will Rock You and boy did they do a good job, OK they were miming to a pre-recorded track but they were spot on, far better than many 'stars' and the lead female role was taken by the girl in the team who took the water aerobics each day - how's that for diversity? Well done indeed and what a pity the audience didn't participate a bit more.
Just one word of warning if you are going to this hotel on an All Inclusive basis there are a number of things that are included elsewhere but not here, bottles of water in your room, wi-fi, safe, tea & coffee in room and parking if you hire a car. These chargeable extras can all add up to quite a bit but apparently this is common practice in the Canaries, never having been before we didn't know.
Nice break, would we return to Fuerteventura, probably not, nothing to do with the hotel, the island just isn't that pretty but the roads are an awful lot better than the UK!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste