We have just returned from our second stay at this lovely hotel.
We arrived 26 minutes after landing which was a record for us. Obviously we jumped in a taxi which was 12 euros.
Our room was not ready but did expect this. We were told tome come back in a few hours. We went back 3 times and each time the queues were terrible. That really is my only gripe. Maybe more staff needed.
Our room was in block 2. The rooms are spacious and with a lovely comfy massive beds. The bed and pillows were wonderful. The English channels were not working when we arrived but after a phone call maintenance fixed this for us.
My only criticism about the room was the bathroom needed refurbishing.
The restaurant has had a lot of bad reviews but I actually thought it was very good. I especially liked the fact that the tables were very spaced out and you felt very private. The food area is very spacious too and didn't often feel chaotic like many reviews say. Yes there are some rude people who push in but you get this everywhere. We were always served very politely and quickly and no complaints at all. The food was good too. Always plenty of choice and well cooked. No undercooked food here!!
I did notice that they let the sweets run down to almost nothing before replacing with others which was not great. Just have to wait a minute. The pool areas are lovely with loads of sunbeds available anytime of the day.
Since our last visit they have introduced the all inclusive lunch buffet by the pool bar. The pizza was delicious here but the chips seemed always cold. Think they need to replenish smaller amounts more often. But if this didn't suit the main restaurant was great for lunch.
The drinks were all good. The cocktails were lovely too which I find unusual for all inclusives.
The evening entertainment was varied. All pretty good. The theatre area is lovely with waiter service. It would be so much nicer though if they played some music in this area after the show, as it went so flat as soon as the show finished. Im sure people would like to dance or just sit there for a while.
The hotel charges for the safe and deposit for towels which to me is standard but I really think that wifi should be available free of charge. There are so many bars and supermarkets who give it free so really a 4star hotel should be free.
There is building work going on around the hotel but this didn't disturb us too much.
Overall this is an excellent hotel in a great position and will probably return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste