We booked our stay at this hotel at the last minute through Thomson, as a 'run to the sun' to escape the dismal weather in the UK and we certainly did that, with temperatures being around 20 - 24 degrees during our stay. We booked half board, though all inclusive was offered through First Choice too, and looking back now, unless you are going to stay in the hotel the whole time, half board would appear to be the better deal. The hotel is immediately adjacent to the beach and promenade in the resort of Caleta de Fuste, which is smaller and seemed to have a more relaxing atmosphere than places like Jandia and Corallejo, which we visited, and is centrally located, which makes it a perfect base for exploring the island. We booked a hire car prior to travelling, which we picked up from Hertz just around the corner from the hotel and had a great time exploring the island during the daytime. The roads are easy to drive and there is plenty of free parking all over the island, including around the hotel. There is a small supermarket and a selection of shops, bars and restaurants a short walk away from the hotel, in fact our room in Block 1 was adjacent to the local Irish bar, but this didn't prove to be a problem for us - no sleepless nights or any other issues! Our standard room was spacious, clean and well maintained throughout our stay. Previous reviewers have mentioned there are no tea making facilities in the rooms, but if this is important to you, simply pack a travel kettle and any provisions you need, as the rooms have a small fridge for milk, and both this and bottled water are available from the nearby supermarket. We found the beds comfortable and while we didn't really need the duvets provided, I'm sure we would have appreciated them if the weather had been a little cooler. The public areas of the hotel and gardens were also clean and well maintained and there was plenty to do during the day if you wanted this, including facilities for things such as football and table tennis arranged by the busy animation team, as well as the pool. One of the hotel's pools was undergoing renovation while we were there, but this did not seem to cause any major issues, as the large available pool was heated and there appeared to be plenty of sunbeds available most of the time. Dining was buffet style and we found we had plenty of choice at both breakfast and dinner, and thought the quality of the food offered was good considering the scale of the catering. A bottle of wine at dinner started from 9.50 Euros and was also available by the glass. We found all of the staff we encountered to be friendly and helpful and many of them spoke very good English - most of the clientele at the time we visited were from the UK. With a standard room, you will be asked for a deposit of 10 Euro for hotel pool towels, and be charged 2 Euro each time you change them, which isn't outrageous, but still an extra charge to consider and similarly wifi is extra in the hotel, though many of the local bars offer this for free. Overall this hotel proved to be an ideal base for a relaxing week and we would definitely stay here again if visiting Fuerteventura again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste