I have just returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel, and unlike some holidays I have been on, I wasn't too disappointed to be going home. I will be honest & firstly list the good points:
1) The hotel, whilst large & busy, didn't feel overcrowded at all, and on some occasions, actually felt almost deserted.
2) The Superior Room I booked was spacious, clean & well appointed with a very comfortable bed, which was definitely bigger than a King size.
3) The hotel grounds were very well maintained, as was the hotel in general.
4) The food, whilst a little repetitive, was plentiful, good & there was enough variety to please almost everyone. (Proper full English breakfast with HP sauce - if only people returned the bottles).
5) There were plenty of sun beds, even though the British were sticking towels on them at the crack of dawn & not turning up until lunch time, (shame on you), & the weather was fantastic, with a lot of sunshine & a nice breeze to take the edge off of the heat.
6) There were some British channels on the TV, albeit somewhat limited. (It would have benefited from a good movie channel).
Now the negatives:
1) I don't really feel that the extra cost of the Superior Room was good value - as I was all inclusive I would have expected free bottled water to be put in the room each day & to be given clean pool towels on a regular basis, rather than have to pay to replace them each time. I would also have expected the safe to have been free. With regard to having access to the Spa, personally I do not feel that justified the extra cost. The Spa was average to say the least & having access to a few pools of water, each very similar to the next, didn't make me think I had a relaxing experience. The Sauna was also not working.
2) I feel that the table waiting staff & bar staff are overworked. This meant that it was difficult to get more than one drink with the meals & on occasion the staff came across as unfriendly, and dare I say it, rude. Basically, they made it obvious that the request for a drink was a request that they could do without. On several occasions they were also very slow to clear used plates from the tables meaning there was limited room to put the new plates that you were eating off of.
3) The air conditioning, both in the bedrooms & in the hotel's public areas, was not adequate & the heat was uncomfortable on occasion.
4) Swimming pools are too shallow for adults, are filled with salt water, which wasn't good for sunburn, eyes or lips, and were quite cold. (I got in but several people chose not too).
5) The beach outside the hotel complex isn't the nicest I have been on & in some parts the sand resembled builders sand. The area to the right of the Spa, is also basically waste ground and a bit of a mess.
6) Apart from the usual 'British' type bars, restaurants selling the usual holiday type fare, (you have all seen the 'photo boards'), & 'tacky' shops selling junk, there is not a lot going on outside the hotel. The exception being a decent crazy golf course.
Would I visit again? No. Personally, for what I paid, I feel I could have had a better value holiday staying elsewhere on the island, where the beach & sea was better, where there was more included in the all inclusive package & where there was more to do & see in the local vicinity.
As I have said, I have tried to be honest, and listed the good as well as the bad & I am sure the majority of people will visit & be entirely satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste