Everything was as described in the brochure in this hotel. On arrival we were checked in very quickly (contrary to what we expected based on other reviews). I was a bit concerned when our rooms were in block 1 as a few reviews said these rooms were noisy, but although we faced out onto a fairly busy street with a few bars very close by, we never had any noise at all through the night.
The pool areas are quite busy and sunbeds are reserved from very early in the morning, but we were always able to get sunbeds for ourselves and our children. The lifeguard does a good job, ensuring large inflatables are not allowed into the pool as these do cause a nuisance. He also stops people taking food from the poolside snack bar to the pool area which most people appreciate as there is no need for the mess which would result otherwise.
We had two rooms which were kept spotlessly clean every day. They had plenty room, with 3 staying in one room and 2 in the other but could have done with a bit more drawer space. There were some signs of wear and tear in the rooms but nothing major.
The food is the only area where I think there is a fair bit of room for improvement. The quality of the food is good and at each meal time there is a good range, however there is very little change in the range from day to day and as we were there for 2 weeks it became quite monotonous. In hindsight it may have been better to go half board rather than all inclusive as there is some flexibility with the half board package. The snack bar food (buffet) is fine but usually not that warm although you can order snack bar food from the bar but this is extra. The restaurant does insist on long trousers for men in the evening and sleeved t-shirts at lunchtime and no beachwear (including wraparound sarongs) for ladies at lunchtime. This is a nice change from the hotels which say it is a rule then allow people in wearing whatever they like.
The area where this hotel excels is the entertainment, both the daytime activities which are well organised but not in your face and also the night time shows which are very good (Billy is a real jewel in their crown). There is a well laid out theatre area for the evening shows although it does get very warm and the waiter service can be a bit hit or miss. With all inclusive finishing at 11pm just after the shows finished, the majority of people head back to their rooms so there was no drinking till you drop which is often a downside of all inclusive hotels.
All in all this was a great holiday as it ticked all the boxes for our family and I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste