I've just come back from a week at the Barcelo Fuerteventura and our family thoroughly enjoyed it.
I booked directly on the Barcelo web-site as there was an offer to get a superior room at 20% off, which meant it was only marginally more expensive than a standard room.
We booked 2 rooms with a connecting door so that my mother could have her own room next to our room which was easily large enough for my wife and I and our 2 daughters. We requested a quiet room and were pleased to get a room in block 3 overlooking the gardens and the hotel next door (also a Barcelo hotel), with the sea in the distance.
The Barcelo Fuerteventura is a large hotel, however, there were plenty of sunbeds, and despite signs saying "Reserving with towels is not allowed", people did. Unfortunately, we had to join in, in order to get a spot where we could keep an eye on our young children in the pool.
The dining room is large and the food is good. Due to the number of people staying at the hotel, it did seem a bit of a chore to get food, especially as we had to get food for the children. We found that meal times were spent taking turns to get food and then eat alternatively, so while my wife sat with one child at the table, I would take the other child to get some food. On my return, she would get up to fetch some food for herself, and on her return I would fetch some food for myself. This meant my wife and I didn't spend much time at the table together. The joys of buffet style restaurants.
The food was varied and there was always something good on the menu, often more good choices than you could eat. There were about 10 choices of bread rolls, for example. I particularly liked the tomato bread.
The pools are salt water, and although not a problem, I prefer the fresh water chlorinated type. The salt water, when it dries, leaves skin feeling dry. Yes, I could get the kids to have showers all the time, but hassling them to do that is not what holidays are about.
There is a very pleasant promenade to walk along, by the beach and our children particularly enjoyed feeding the fish in the harbour (you can buy fish food for a Euro). The next hotel is also a Barcelo hotel, and all the facilities (restaurants, ice cream shop, bars) near the beach are therefore Barcelo operated, which feels a bit restrictive, however the prices are reasonable. At the back of the hotel, it is a very short walk to local shops, supermarket, bars, etc.
As it was half-term, the hotel was very busy, but seemed to be coping well.
The staff were helpful, although there didn't seem to be enough check-in staff, or perhaps the check-in process is not very efficient. The air-conditioning in both rooms wasn't working on arrival, however, after phoning reception, the maintenance man got it working. It wasn't as good as air conditioning I've got used to in Thai hotels, but it was just about adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste