.....this time, having stayed now at this hotel many times over the last 6 years, we found it extremely busy which is wonderful for the hotel and the resort, but we felt this affected the overall quality of the holiday.
We fully understand that the islands have benefited from those who have rescheduled holidays originally for Tunisia & Egypt and as said before, this can only be good for the resorts. But in our opinion, experiances over mealtimes could be enough to discourage return visitors.
Its true the resort has got much busier since we started coming out here in 2005, but it had never lost any of its charm. This year it just seemed too busy at the hotel, especially the mealtimes when you not only had to wait to enter the resturant, but on some evenings you were in a line of approx 30 people. This did then discourage us to then go eat elsewhere, which is not a problem in the resort as there are many places to eat, however as having paid for half board, you would like to think you can enter your own resturant to eat. When you do get a table and then go to get your food, you are constantly fighting through a whole host of very rude people who push past without so much as an 'excuse me'. This also affects the food as the staff themselves couldn't get to replenish any empty trays etc......
If you do want to eat out as a change from buffet style food, then FADO ROCK is a good bet, but avoid EL PATIO, as the service was (when we attended) very poor indeed and the food quite poor also.
The resort, weather, service and overall holiday was very nice, but perhaps next year we may look elsewhere...........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Barcelo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste