“O Solo Mio”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 29, 2013

A bit confusing as I'm not sure if this restaurant is called Miss America or O Solo Mio! Whatever it's called, do try it. We arrived In Caleta a bit late and frankly a bit grumpy as our hotel transfer was 2 hours late and our bungalow disappointing. However didn't we cheer up when our charming waiter arrived with our favourite bottle of Cava and one of the best pizzas I've had for ages (the one called O Solo Mio)! Very reasonably priced, and the waiter was very attentive. We liked it so much we went back on our last day for lunch and ended up ordering the same pizzas as they were so delicious! Don't be put off by the cafe-look of the place.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visited this restaurant as Miss America and loved it, went back this year and it has changed hands and is now O Sole Mio. My boyfriend and I both ordered a drink and a pizza and the service was ok to order, I asked for a pot of sauce and when the food arrived the waiter was more interested in having a fag inside the restaurant and chatting to women than asking if our food was ok and I never got the sauce. Was slightly disappointed with the new O Sole Mio, preferred Miss America even if it was more expensive I received better service. We didn't return again during our week holiday.
Bonus was that when we got the bill we got a glass of honey rum and the place underneath had a live band that we cold hear the whole time we was in O Sole Mio.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We have spent our last 2 Christmases here and will be again this christmas. Great place, great food, great company.... Looking forward to seeing you again soon x

Reviewed September 9, 2013

When I visited the island two years ago Miss America was one of the restaurants we visited the most. Good quality American diner with hot tasty food and huge choice at good value.

It's now changed into an Italian continental restaurant called Ole Sole Mio. Not as good I am afraid, well not on the night we went.

I have observed this restaurant both at the beginning and later in the evenings during our stay and while we were here seen no more than half a dozen people in there at anyone time. When we ate at the restaurant we had an ok meal, steak for me which was ok and chicken escalope for the wife which was overcooked and dry. Service however very good and staff friendly and polite. When I asked the waiter what had happened to Miss America he replied, " It's closed down but still same restaurant just new name". If only that we're true......

1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I understand this is now under new management but i ate in it when it was miss america and is still miss america on here. Food was poor, we ordered chicken fanjitas which were burnt and the chicken was not nice. i ordered mahi mahi which is a large fish when out came this small fish and under cooked when i said to the waitress this is not mahi mahi she said it was mahi. i googled a picture of it and she said google was wrong. I found out that there is a fish "nicknamed" mahi off the coast so that was the fish she was referring to but its poor to put mahi mahi on the menu when they not serving it. The guy next to us burger looked awesome tho and the seats outside were cracking.

1  Thank Allan L