“Busy place,good price.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: There is the Slow Boat restaurant, but this is the WOK Slow Boat
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had two main meals and a bottle of wine.21 euro.
A lot had the buffet which seemed very good value.
Very busy on Wed and Sat when there 30% off the buffet.Everyone tucked into it so it must have been good.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The last time we visited fuerteventura we went to a Chinese Buffet and wasn't so keen on it. It wasn't this one and I had read up that this one was recommended for good food at a good price.

The 1st time we went was just after 6pm and was advised that the food would be coming out in about 5 minutes even though we believed the place to be open for the Buffet from 5.30. We were given a plate of Prawn Crackers which we weren't keen to eat and spoil our meal. When the food started to come out it was a mixture of things. There was Curries but no Chips or Rice and quite a few snack things but after about 15 minutes nearly everything seemed to be out. I'm sure I saw on the menu that Pizzas were included in the Buffet but I never seen any.

The food was nice. A mixture of chicken, beef and pork dishes, chicken balls, garlic bread, chips, different rices, Noodles, spring rolls - just a usual Chinese Buffet. There was some Thai dishes too as well as Fish which they cooked from raw for you. There was nice flavours to the food and although I don't think a lot of the Chicken dishes has Chicken Breast meat the Chicken wasn't all that Fatty tasting.

The drinks were buy 1 get 1 free. I thought the drinks would be expensive because of this but a large Beer was under 3 Euroes and a southern comfort and lemonade was just under 5 Euroes - that price was pretty standard at other restaurants and at least you got double the amount. You can't mix and match the drinks so whatever you ordered drink wise you got the same drink free. My criticism about the free drinks is that they brought them over to you about 10
Minutes after you ordered a drink. Weather this was to bag you up and not eat so much I'm not sure but hubby was only about 1/4 through his large Beer before he got another one so by the time he got to the other Beer it was a bit warm.

Staff worked quickly and were attentive to clear your plates up.

We went here twice and for 2 meals and 1
Drink each it was 25.30 so a nice eat and drink for a good price.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived at the Slow Boat on a Wednesday evening, expecting it to be fairly quiet. We hadn't realised that they had a buffet special in progress. It was extremely busy but we decided to give the buffet a try. We found a very large variety of food that turned out to be very tasty indeed. We would highly recommend this restaurant, although if you are looking for a quiet intimate meal.... don't go on a Wednesday evening! This was by far the cheapest meal we had on the island - all you can eat & 2 beers each for under 20 euros! That just can't be beat.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I would agree with previous review it is family run with husband cooking , wife front of house with the 2 little kids to help and that is it . If it is busy it slows down ! However I don't like chinese and I love the veg curry with fried rice , mmm . so i give it 5 stars because of the veg meals , freindly - low cost option . If you want top end resturant go somewhere else , will be back next year in town and this will be first meal !!!!!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Visited as a family . Restaurant seemed clean. Staff pleasent enough. Food average, not the variety though you expect from a Chinese buffet. Fish on 'cook for you ' still defrosting !Overall, not awful but wouldnt go back !