“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nestor's

Nestor's
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HOMEMADE FOOD WITH LOVE AND PASSION
west midlands
“Fantastic Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

food to die for, and nestor is a fantastic host with the help of his staff. recomend to book a table

Visited February 2013
1 Thank bluedudley

Dublin, Ireland
“Appalling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I cannot understand how this place has so many positive reviews.

I went on a trip to visit my Mother and had only a weekend to enjoy Fuertaventura sights, sounds and tastes, and can sadly say we wasted a night in this establishment.

Firstly, the starters we ordered left a lot to the imagination. I ordered garlic prawns, my boyfriend has the garlic mushrooms and both my parents had the combination of prawns eggs and ham (well i think it was ham, hard to tell); a starter that had the opportunity to be something tasty and different but unfortunately was a congealed mess. My garlic prawns came out as chewy prawns in a tomato sauce with lumps of raw garlic at the bottom of the dish, very unpleasant when you accidentally chomped down on one. My boyfriends garlic mushrooms were mediocre, a dish that is oh so simple and should be oh so tasty.

We awaited our mains only to be disappointed further. The most bizarre thing about this restaurant is the myriad of poor flavours that's thrown on every plate no matter what your main is. The sides served include; a lump of stodgy cheese and broccoli bake, some bland vegetable rice, a soggy side salad consisting predominantly of tomatoes and lettuce, overcooked chips and a big unnecessary dollop of thousand island dressing.

Between us there were 2 surf and turfs, one chicken bahia de cata and one fillet steak with jack daniels sauce. All the meat was tough, chewy and fatty. The chicken was fried with a thick sauce thrown over it. All in all the quality of the food and the presentation was appalling, and i cannot understand how other customers rave about the place.

I could go on to go into more detail on the restaurant, I could delve into its poor service, overpriced menu, and chef who wanders around looking for praise on his disgraceful food, but I'll leave it at this, don't waste your time or money on this place, go to its neighbour Fado Rock where the food is truly fabulous and everything else from its service, to its decor, to its cocktails are just as enjoyable.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Robyn C
surrey
“mixed plate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

A bit dark inside, however the mussles to start are a must but share it. The mixed plate special is lovely, the ribs are to die for. reasonable cost. We hae not had a bad meal here.

Visited March 2013
london
“The King of Caleta Long Live The King”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

our first night in caleta on this trip we went to Nestors, having been there before we decided not to have the starter, we both ordered the fillet steak medium my wifes was with pepper sauce on the side, the meal came with 3 pieces of steak on each plate all varing sizes but each piece cooked to perfection and absoloutley delicious, we accompanied the meal with a lovely bottle of rioja from the alavez region of spain

middle of the holiday we met up with friends, they had booked (5 of them) we were able to get squeezed in although not on the same table, my wife had garlic mushroom starter they were enourmous i had a taste and although i prefer smaller mushrooms in garlic they did taste very nice, i had mussells and i will say they are the best i have ever tasted, our main meal was estafado and it melted in the mouth

last night of our holiday we booked a table via facebook and this time in my opinion had the most wonderfull eating experience of the holiday, my wife went for the mushrooms and i went again for the mussells again out of this world, my wife had the fillet steak and i went for the hake in seafood sauce this was the best dish of all our visits to nestors and we have been going years when on our holidays

in our opinion if you dont mind a bit of quirkyness this establishment is well worth the visit and definetley book, you will not be disappointed

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank appyammer
Ardersier, United Kingdom
“Simply the best restaurant - bar none!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It doesn't look like much and is rather small... but the food is fantastic. We eat in most other restaurants and this one is the best by far. I wish we could have gone back there again, but it was our last night on holiday.

Visited October 2012