“Better food by far.”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Homemade Food With Love And Passion
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been to Caleta many times and always pay a few visits to Nestors as a priority. The staff are simply the friendliest you will find anywhere, and the food to be fair is second to none. Nestor himself will be on patrol in between cooking to ensure everything is up to your expectations.
As i have said the food is first class and in my opinion unbeatable for value. There is something for everybody there and i personally guarantee you will not be hungry leaving. I would advise you to book your meal as places are limited and the venue is very popular.

There are newer reviews for Nestor's Restaurant & Steakhouse

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Made very welcome on arrival. Food was very good, good sized portions with home made chips and vegetables! House wine not available so given another bottle for the same price. Enjoyed the meal, a bit higher priced than other restaurants but quality very good. Personally didn't like the Jack Daniels sauce - too sweet for me (personal taste). We sat in a smaller room as restaurant split and last to leave so possible to feel a bit isolated. My only other minor negative is my clothes smelt of chips when leaving but all in all very enjoyable & would recommend.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Veggie hubby and I went to this restaurant on two occasions during our recent holiday to Caleta. We had read the reviews in TA so were expecting good things.
On both visits we had to book, so even out of season this is a popular restaurant for regulars and holidays makers. It is not styled in a contemporary way and could probably do with a bit of a revamp. The staff are attentive and service mostly of a good level.
The main element for this concept is great quality meat done simply on a grill - with varying sauces which I admit I did not try. The fillet of beef was fabulous but to be balanced the accompanying side dishes were a little rustic and more homemade than gastronomic. Veggie hubby had to stick with similar dishes which once tasted were a little boring (fried yucca for starters and then again for main). The wine menu was limited with no 'sparkly' choices.
Nestor is a larger than life chef who came out to chat with guests. Overall a pleasant experience, but no wow factor in food terms.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get a cancellation booking on a night we pitched up having not reserved a table. We just had to wait for an hour in the bar next door, so no hardship there! Like another reviewer said, we went for the food, not the decor. There was a very good atmosphere and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I did use the ladies toilets, halfway through the evening and luckily it was certainly clean when I went, with everything in there in working order. In fact they were in a much better state than the toilets I used in a nearby '5 star' hotel whilst out walking! We shared a starter between two of the fried yucca chips and spicy sauce as we were hungry by that point and then I had the fillet steak and my husband had the Jack Daniels ribs. Portions were huge. Both came with a small portion of each of chips, rice, salad and broccoli cheese. I wouldn't necessarily give it a Michelin star for presentation but at the end if the day I wanted to eat it, not paint it! The steak was cooked rare, as requested and everything on my plate was very tasty. The Jack Daniels ribs were extremely sweet, but if you like your sauces sweet then that's fine. My husband said they were very tender and the meat just fell off the bone. He did say he would rather have had them basted in the sauce and then a small pot on the side so he could put on how much he wanted, but that's just his personal taste. We would definitely go back - had an enjoyable evening for a reasonable price with friendly service.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just got back from a week in Caleta with my husband and parents. Its the third time we have been to the resort - first time for my parents (we are in our thirties, parents in their 60's). We have eaten at Nestors the previous times so knew what to expect and had really sold the place to my parents - they were not dissappointed and went back to eat there later in the week on their own - they were loving the 60's music playing in the background too! Some reviews on here really slate Nestors - the surroundings are basic but if you truly like your food, then you will enjoy it here. I have eaten in some amazingly overpriced restaurants around London with celebrity chefs and amazing interiors but never enjoyed any of the meals as much as I enjoy Nestors - the steaks are superb quality and the menu gives something for everyone. Unfortunately we wanted to visit again on Saturday night as it was our last night but they do not open on this day (my husband is gutted but we now have to have another trip to Caleta - what a shame!) so bear this in mind!! If you are in Caleta you must try to eat here and ignore the wihngers on here who moan that the portions are too big and the decor isn't nice - its not obligatory that you eat every mouthful served to you in a restaurant you know!