“Brilliant”

Description: Homemade Food With Love And Passion
Newton Abbot
“Brilliant”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Found Nestors by accident, we had been to other recommended places but they all seem to be the same, Nestor's was great, very tasty food, large portions and friendly staff.Infact, we went back twice. I took a chance on the last night and had fish (I normaly find that the fish dishes are quite small when I eat out but not here, I couldn't finish and it was so tasty, husband had the ribs and we ended up taking half of them back and had rolls with the rest of the meat the next day. And not expensive!

Visited September 2012

ireland
“Make sure you're very hungry!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We only found this restaurant on our second last night in Caleta de Fuste and really wish we had found it earlier. We shared the "Yukka" to start and it really is worth trying just for the sauce alone, then I had Grilled Chicken Breast which I only discovered later was a "lighter meal" and my husband had a T Bone Steak. Oh my God, the steak was huge and I got two if not three chicken fillets on my plate but the flavours were fantastic. The waitress told my husband if the centre of his steak was a little too pink to call her as it was difficult to cook such a large steak to" medium " right through. When he got to the centre it was a little too red so he asked if she could get the chef to cook it just for another minute or two, however, she returned with a completely new steak (and sides) altogether, since my husband was struggling to finish the meal in the first place needless to say he could not eat all this. Nestor is the chef and comes out of the kitchen regularly to speak to diners and insisted that the extra steak was no problem. The food is fantastic and the staff inc. Nestor's wife are lovely. Only complaint I would have was the decor, dated and dark.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank mojo5678
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“simply the best.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

this has got to be my favourite restaurant ever.we have dined here many times during our stays in caleta,and never been disappointed.if we have one complaint,its that the portions are huge.there is no way you can have three courses here.the steaks and jack daniels ribs are to die for.on our last visit we had the argentinian mixed grill.one mixed grill between two people would be more than sufficient.the owner,nestor,is a real character,which just adds to the experience.if you do decide to have a starter,the argentinian sausage is absolutely delicious.overall a great dining experience,not to be missed.

• Visited February 2012
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top class”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having to book in advance was a good sign. The restaurant was without doubt the best restaurant we've ever had the pleasure to be in on our travels over the years. It is totally on its own in the Fuste area and probably the entire Island, It was top class. The staff were excellant , the food unbelievable and you were made feel right at home in its beautiful settings. An idea would be to starve yourself for the day as they will certainly fill you up with their generous portions of food. The Venezulean Pork dish was unnaturally delicious as were the steaks be it peppered or with Jack Daniels sauce. The chef was constantly out and about making sure everyone was happy, I found his self portrait on the wall a little weird, in a funny way, a character. You can't go to Caleta deFuste and not visit this place, its heavenly. Bona Petit.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank THELEFTFOOT
london
“A visit here is a must”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Fantastic..if you go to a restaurant to just for the food this is the one for you... But take an appetite with you. The first time we went the boss came around the tables and offered anyone who had cleared the plate more food whatever it was.. Alas I was so full of fillet steak I couldn't take him up on the offer... Well worth a visit ..you will probably need to book though