“Passed My PADI here!”

Deep Blue Diving Base
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Blue boasts a prime location on the water's edge, allowing easy access to our RIBs which speedily deliver us to any of our numerous exclusive divesites. There is no need for tiresome shorediving and long hikes down the beach. You cannot miss us in the harbour when you discover El Castillo for the first time.We offer SSI,PADI, CMAS and IAHD (International Association of Handicapped Divers) courses.Theses range from Discover Scuba Diving introduction courses all the up to Staff Instructor.With years of experience in the Atlantic Ocean and innumerable guests we are the most popular dive centre in Fuerteventura.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a lovely place to scuba dive or pass your licence! They are a friendly bunch, English, Dutch, German, Spanish, lots of nationalities so you will always feel at home. No pressure to dive if you dont want to/flexible to the max and really had a nice time with them. Unfortunately I cannot upload any pics as I missed the time they put them up for (you can go on to their website after your holiday and see all photos they have taken from your dives, above and underwater). I saw Angel shark very close to this site and a few hundred yards out lots of marine life! Octopus, Bream, Baracuda, Angel Shark, Eels, so many to name but a few! A big thank you incase any of you are reading that helped me pass my PADI. Cant wait to dive again and will definitely be back on our next visit to Fuerte Ventura.

Joe-P-Rouse, Guest Relations Manager at Deep Blue Diving Base, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Diver,
Thank you for taking the time for writing your review,

We here at Deep Blue are glad you enjoyed your learning and diving experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"whole team"
"returned home"
in 6 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"many thanks"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wanted to try out some snorkelling on our last day in Fuerteventura. Then god, I went for a deep sea experience. My girlfriend didn't want to join us, so the guys gave her a quick "try-out" how is it gonna be. She still didn't want to dive, so she could just wait on the boat. Very nice of them, they just gave her this try, she will join us at the next time.

Where should I start. The location of the dive centre is very easy to find, can not miss it. The lady at the desk gave us plenty information, we booked our (my) trip and arrived in time on the next day. (I would recommend to book advance in the summer season).

When we arrived, the guys gave a free try to my girlfriend (what I already mentioned), with all the equipment. Very nice, shame that she didn't want to come... Never mind.

After it, I met with Gary, an english pro, very nice and professional guy. He introduced the equipment to me, we went trough on the basic signs and techniques and it was the time to try everything out in the swimming pool. I took my time to get used to it, but after I learnt how can I breath, everything went smooth. Gary was more than patient and tried to help me as much as he could. After about 45 min in the pool, we took the boat to the diving site ready to dive. OK, I was a bit nervous, but I could get over it.

Under the water was just great, it was a lifetime experience. Unfortunately the weather conditions weren't the best, but the next time it will be better. We made a few awesome photos and had a really great time under there.

Would I recommend it? YES, without hesitation. Doesn't matter what experience you have, they will find you something what suits to you. Do you think they are expensive? NOT at all, worth for every penny, you will see as soon as you try it!!!

Many thanks for all the staff on 22/1, and special thank you Gary for your patient.
I will be back for the diving license, for sure...

Dear Diver,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review.

We here at Deep Blue a thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the Discover Scuba Diving experience, and we hope to see you back to continue your diving education with us very soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've got a OW licence, but my last dive was two years ago so Gary thought it would be a good idea for me to join my mother on her DSD course.

He was totally understanding with the fact that I didn't remember too much from my OW course and took as good care of me as of my mother who tried diving for her first time :)

Thank you Deep Blue and Gary for an awesome day!

xx Moa

Dear Moa,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We here at Deep Blue are glad you enjoyed you experience with us and your kind words have been passed onto Gary.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hi Gary! This is for you. One for five in a row! I hope you will get the other ones so you can enjoy the Victory.Thanks for a wonderful and great experience .
XO from Maud

Dear Maud,
Thank you for taking the time to answer to post a review.

We here at Deep Blue are glad you enjoyed your experience and your comments have been passed onto Gary.

Kind Regards

See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2013

As a comparative novice (having dived once before, with minimal theory and gear explanation) I found Deep Blue to be a remarkable company. Starting from the 'Discover Scuba' introductory dive, we had a very useful theory session (including both safety information and useful advice on how to get the most from the dive), then a skills session in the adjacent pool (clearing water from the mask, managing buoyancy, etc), and finally a trip out of the harbour for the first real dive. Our instructor was very helpful, and eager to ensure we had a good time, even going above and beyond the call of duty in making sure that one of our group felt confident in the water, despite his concerns.

The rental gear included in the dive cost was of high quality, and kept me comfortable throughout the dive, despite this being in December's cool sea. I was sufficiently impressed with the tuition involved that I signed up for, and completed my basic PADI scuba qualification.

The variety of sea-life at the dive site was respectable, with a broad variety of fish and a pair of octopi, as well as a particularly inquisitive cuttlefish. The fish themselves were clearly unperturbed by our presence, with one going so far as to orbit our instructor, finally swimming into his line of sight at a distance of about six inches and startling him quite delightfully.

I look forward to completing the next stage of my training this year, when I'm next in Caleta, and achieving my Open Water license.

I would recommend this dive school without hesitation to anyone eager to learn, and even to those who might be uncertain about whether they would enjoy it. As best I can tell (not being one as yet), I believe they would be an equally good diving base for experienced divers, as they have a number of RIBs, and a wide variety of dive sites at different depths.

Dear Pat,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We here at Deep Blue are happy to hear that you enjoyed both the Discover Scuba Diving experience and the PADI Scuba Diver course so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon in order to continue your underwater education.