“Snorkeling trip”

Deep Blue Diving Base
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Blue boasts a prime location on the water's edge, allowing easy access to our RIBs which speedily deliver us to any of our numerous exclusive divesites. There is no need for tiresome shorediving and long hikes down the beach. You cannot miss us in the harbour when you discover El Castillo for the first time.We offer SSI,PADI, CMAS and IAHD (International Association of Handicapped Divers) courses.Theses range from Discover Scuba Diving introduction courses all the up to Staff Instructor.With years of experience in the Atlantic Ocean and innumerable guests we are the most popular dive centre in Fuerteventura.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was a nice snorkeling trip just a bit wavy and too deep for my liking. Fuerteventura does not have any coral reefs but it's still nice to watch fish and we even saw a small octopus.

Joe-P-Rouse, Public Relations Manager at Deep Blue Diving Base, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Inga,
Thank you for taking the time for writing your review.
We at Deep Blue are glad that you where able to see a range of fish while on your trip.
In regards to the depth of the site, it is normally explained during the briefing that the site is between 5-6 meters. If this was not the case then I apologize.

We hope to see you again one day here at Deep Blue.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"whole team"
"returned home"
in 6 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"many thanks"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was part of a party of 9 divers some of whom had been to Deep Blue once or twice before, so it came well recommended. It certainly lived up to expectations, the returning divers were greeted as old friends and everyone else was made to feel very welcome. The operation was very professionally organised with divers getting kitted up at the centre and then just boarding one of their large RIBs. All the dives sites were within a 10 minute RIB ride from the dive centre. The trips were all well led, with the dive guides being really interested in, and enthusiastic about, the dives rather than just taking divers around. There was even a bar-b-q organised for our last night. A really good dive trip - thanks guys.

Joe-P-Rouse, Guest Relations Manager at Deep Blue Diving Base, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Alan,
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review.
We are all very glad that you enjoyed your dives here with us at Deep Blue.
It was a pleasure having you diving with us and hope to see you again soon.

Hope it isn´t too cold for you back in the U.K.

Joe

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Went diving here with my boyfriend recently. Can't say enough good things about the place. It was my first time diving, my boyfriend had done a bit before but we did the discover dive course together.
Going into enquire about the course, the staff were warm, welcoming & having fun. Booked the session for the next day - really reasonable rates, we def got our money's worth.
Induction theory was informative & well delivered. Went to a nearby pool for some practical training to help get used to the equipment, etc. which was great. Then I went out on the boat to the dive sight & I completely panicked - did NOT want to go in & would've nearly paid to go back to base. Instructor (Roman) was amazing! Gently coaxed me into the water & before I new it I was diving. He stayed close the whole time & I felt very safe & ended up having a ball. I had an excellent day in the end and it was all thanks to Roman's skills & patience!
Would def recommend these guys to anyone !

Joe-P-Rouse, Guest Relations Manager at Deep Blue Diving Base, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time for writing your review.
We here at Deep Blue are glad you enjoyed your diving here with us.
Your comments have been passed on to Roman.
We hope you come back and dive with us in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my first time diving with Deep Blue. In fact this was my first time to the Canary Islands, and neither disappointed. I planned this as a diving holiday and chose Deep Blue on the basis of their good reviews and reputation. I completed fourteen dives over seven days, from the eleventh to seventeenth of October. One dive in the morning and one in the afternoon, with around three hours between each dive. A nice and chilled way to dive in my opinion. Air temperature was between 25-30 degrees each day.

The centre is situated on the Marina in a good location. Plenty of shops and accommodation within a five minute walk. Decent kitting out areas, two showers (with hot water), freshwater tanks, drying racks, lockers for valuables, refrigerated drinks and snacks, bar area, and plenty of shaded areas to sit and relax. There are no toilets at the centre but they have an agreement with a hotel opposite and you are allowed to use their pool toilet block. This is about twenty meters away and was clean and presentable. There is also a small shop/admin area where you can buy souvenirs and basic scuba equipment.

You can store your own equipment in a separate room. I was more than happy to leave my equipment here at the end of each day. I rented a BCD and regulator for all my dives and they were decent quality as all their extensive range of equipment seems to be. Plenty of new kit on show, and they can obviously cater to all sizes and preferences.

There was a good mixture of staff present at all times. They were all professional, and obviously well qualified. I found everyone very friendly and helpful. Encouragement and advice was freely given and I certainly feel that my buoyancy and air consumption has improved after my dives here.

My first dive was an orientation dive, which introduced me to the waters and gave me a useful shot of confidence. All of my dives were between 35 - 50 minutes, and depths varied according to certification/skill/safety limits. Travel to the sites is by one of their RIB's, average around ten minutes, and are very enjoyable themselves. Descents/ascents are by shot line, depths vary, and currents were very manageable. There were plenty of Instructors and Divemasters on each dive, and so felt very safe. Water was very warm 20-22 degrees. I was more than comfortable in a 5mm full body wetsuit, and people were also diving in 3mm full bodies and 5mm shorties. Visibility was excellent 20-25m. Saw lots of barracuda, octopus, rays, morays, schooling fish, little critters in crevices, etc. Can't fault the marine life you can experience on these dive sites, with lots of rocks, reef, crevices to meander through. Or you can just glide serenely over it all.

So to sum it all up. A very enjoyable experience, in a superb location, with some really great people. Many Thanks to Gary, Joe, Tyler, Sophie, Alan, etc, and my various dive buddies.

Dear Seb,
Thank you for taking the time for writing such a detailed and positive review.
It is greatly appreciated.
We at Deep Blue are happy to hear that you enjoyed your fortnight diving with us.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the second time I've been to Deep Blue in the last year and I'm not a type that normally goes back, certainly not that quickly. This centre is very professionally run but it is the staff that makes it the most friendly centre I have ever had the pleasure of diving with. The diving is very good. I enjoy filming underwater and it is now a question of which footage will make the final cut! The guides know the area so well. On one dive Joe managed to get two shrimps to walk on his hand and give him a pedicure and then followed it up by enticing an Octopus out of its hole. On the night dive we saw the biggest Stingray I have ever seen. All dive sites are a short ride in a RIB and these boats a large and spacious.

I would also recommend staying in the excellent Barceló apartments right next to the dive centre. There are some excellent restaurants in easy walking distance nearby so don't bother with the all inclusive. Joe arranged for us to get some discount off the bill. It's all part of the service.

Joe-P-Rouse, Guest Relations Manager at Deep Blue Diving Base, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you Nigel for the fantastic review.
All of us here are glad you enjoyed your self with us once more, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Joe