My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end(ish) of January.
It's quite a difficult one to review because I have to remember that I only paid £56 for 3 nights, which is so cheap.
The apartments are set on the main road, next to el Capitan bar/pub thing. They are bang smack in the middle of everything so perfect location. They look nice enough and check in was fairly straight forward.
Our apartment (90) was set at the back on the road, directly opposite the steak house restaurant (Food was ok, very cheap and one f the few good places in the resort). We had a patio area, but to be honest it doesn't look inviting.
Our apartment had a separate bathroom, a separate bedroom and a kitchen/living area. It is a very generous size, considering the cost and it was clean. It is a bit tired looking, but you have to expect that for the price.
The beds were ok. A little bit cardboard like but decent enough, There is a thin sheet like duvet and some woollen blankets if needed. The bedroom had a good size wardrobe and a mirror above a ledge. Oddly, there are no power points in the bedroom which was irritating.
The kitchen has an oven and hobs and you get some crockery/glasses etc. There is no kettle, no iron and nothing else in the apartment other than a TV with no channels.
The apartments have patio doors to the bedroom and some to the living area. On our first night we were awoken by them constantly banging against the door in the wind, the bedroom shutters were a bit loose so we propped the patio table against it and had to lock the other shutter as the latch was poor and kept coming loose. The locks on the doors and shutters are really bad so quite hard to actually get in the apartments!
There is a small pool and smaller bar in the middle of the apartments. The pool looked OK and reasonably clean but we did not use it. There is a decent area for sunbathing.
The bar was a bit shabby but the staff were friendly enough. They do a happy hour late on, otherwise it's much cheaper and nicer to go elsewhere.
It's worth noting that we had a leak in the bathroom from upstairs and a bulb go out which tripped the power. It was easy enough to switch this back on and I reported the leak and bulb to reception. They sent some one quickly (He didn't speak English but I spoke enough Spanish to communicate) who explained he fixed the leak as it came from upstairs. Nothing was done about the bulb.
On our last night I was woken by a dripping noise. It was from the fridge, it was dripping as the power had gone out. We established that every apartment had lost power and this had still not been fixed by the time we left around 9am. It didn't effect us as we were leaving and thankfully had no food in the fridge!
2 stars seems quite harsh as it wasn't a bad stay, but to rate it any higher would be a bit misleading and I don't feel right doing that as they provide a room that's cleaned and nothing else, no effort or touches. You get what you pay for, 2 star.
All in all we had a good enough stay which is all you can really ask for at the price we paid. We did see 1 cockroach but this is a theme in most places in the area. The apartments were clean enough but I would be wary about a longer term stay due to the problems we had that could potentially effect your holiday. Otherwise we would recommend for a cheap break.
The resort in general is just poor. We knew what to expect but hoped for a little bit of charm and effort but you don't really get this anywhere. The drink prices are cheap (Between 1.50 and 2.50 a pint) but the food was quite bad every where we went and you just feel in the way in most places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Puerto Caleta is located in the center of Caleta de Fuste. Surrounded by restaurants, shops, supermarket and near the beach. The Puerto Caleta is located in the center of Caleta de Fuste. The rooms include pay TV. Free Wifi. Also with possibility to rent at reception safe, fans, toasters, kettles, hair dryers and irons. The Puerto Caleta has a pool bar with drinks and snacks. The rooms are one bedroom with living room-kitchen and a bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Puerto Caleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerto Caleta Apartments Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Puerto Caleta Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste