“Wonderful”

Fado Rock Steak House
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Description: Portuguese Steakhouse, Varied Menu and Barbecue Food - Restaurant.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Ate here three times while we stayed in Caleta and I will say I really think this was the best place we ate overall.
Yes its very busy, you do sometimes have to queue but its worth it.
I had the legendary leg of lamb and for 12 Euro its good value, absolutely massive and very tasty, make sure you are hungry before you eat this just dont overdo the bread and ailioli they bring you first.
Wife had the fish skewer first night, this is not a normal size skewer more a giant spike with its own stand.
wine is good value you can have a glass of house rioja for 3 Euro and its probably half a bottle of wine.
Last night here we had the mixed fish grill for 12 Euro you get a huge plate of mixed fish (sardines, mackrel, flatfish etc).
The staff are friendly and make kids feel welcome, you must come here if you visit Caleta.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,882)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Visited this place last year for the first time and loved it, so no hesitation in returning again this year, in fact we visited twice in a week. The meal on the first night I had was a mixed seafood grill featuring a huge portion of prawns, tuna, salmon, sardine and sole. I don't normally do overcooked fish, but these had clearly been done on a BBQ and was very flavoursome. The 2nd visit I had the special Fado rock grill but didn't want the pork element. It contained ostrich, kangaroo, and 3 steaks, 1 filet, 1 Argentinian and 1 Brazilian. They are brought out raw and cooked on hot stones to your liking. I like my red meat rare. The standouts for me were the ostrich, Argentinian steak and the filet was melt in the mouth, much better than the one I had at Nestor's a couple of nights previous. The waiters are all really friendly and helpful. The garlic mayo served with the bread is lovely and good sauces served with the steaks, mushroom being my favourite. We washed it down with a very nice bottle of cava, having no room for dessert we asked for the bill and were presented with a free half bottle of cava to drink! My favourite restaurant in the resort. Brilliant food and service, highly recommended.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal here early November and my hubby said it was the best steak he had ever had. Not the cheapest meal. 2 starters 2 mains 2 wines and 2 beers was 49 euros. So on par with uk. Staff friendly. Would visit again next time we are in caleta.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Whilst we considered fado rock and Nestor's to be our joint favourite restaurants I think fado rock wins due to the superb service by every member of staff. They could not have done enough to make our 3 year old daughter smile, joking with her everytime they passed our table despite being rushed off their feet!

The food was delicious, especially the hot stone meals! And very reasonably priced! Kids meals were reasonable, fresh and delicious ( but big! ) and as I've already said the staff are all just lovely, polite and consistent everytime we visited!
See you next year!!

1  Thank beth1512
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great food good service large portion well set out. Good music. Only down point is its very busy so often have to wait for a table.