We spent 10 days here in July and were happy in general with the villa. As others have reported they are a bit dated inside however since we spent most of our time outside around the pool, we weren't too bothered. The villa and pool were cleaned regularly by friendly staff, and the villa was well equipped. On 3 occasions we phoned reception to report faults and these were dealt with very quickly, less than 1 hour.
One drawback was the lack of air-con and no fans - we had to hire these from reception. Another drawback was the aircraft noise - didn't realise we were quite so close to the airport and the planes come over every 5 minutes from 7.30am so not ideal for those who like a bit of a lie-in.
Our biggest complaint was the Saturday market - we were in villa 15 ( and Villa 12 has the same issue ) so the pool and the doors to all the rooms look on to the car park. On Saturday morning we woke up to find a market being set up outside our villa with strangers looking over into our pool area and a stall so close we could hardly get out of our gate - it would have been impossible if we'd had wheelchairs or buggies. We felt very uncomfortable at strangers leering at our teenage girls while they swam and eventually went out for the day. On complaining at reception about this lack of privacy and security in a private villa, they said there was nothing they could do as the carpark is owned by the local council.So be aware of this !!!!!
We were half board so meals were at Club Caleta Dorada - the restaurant was busy but staff were always clearing tables. There was a good choice of food which was of an acceptable standard - breakfast choices were English breakfast, pancakes, cereals, omelettes, meats & cheeses, breads and fruit. Dinner had a choice of 3 hot main courses with plenty of veg and salad, desserts and ice-cream so enough to suit us but it was a shame not to find more Spanish dishes.
So, we did enjoy our holiday but was it VIP? No. And would we go back? Again, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a small complex of villas, with complete modern furnishings. They will appeal to families looking for self catering accommodation on Fuerteventura in a family friendly area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your VIP Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Vip Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- VIP Villas Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste