“Chefs are let down by front of house staff”

Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 294 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WINNER - BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT 2014 GC Bulletin Readers Poll WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2013 STATE WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2010 & 2011 Restaurant & Caterers Association Awards for Excellence WINNER - Queensland's Favourite Seafood Restaurant 2010 I Love Food Awards - Lifestyle Channel, Foxtel At Yellowfin the focus is on serving the absolute freshest fish available at a reasonable price with impeccable service and well-trained staff. Meat eaters are also well catered for and we also offer a diverse range of fresh pastas, tasty desserts and a children's menu. With an extensive wine list, Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant offers a truly memorable wine and food experience enhanced by seemingly effortless, efficient service.
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Went with a voucher for a seafood platter and a glass of wine for 4. We introduced ourselves to the woman who they have standing out the front. She took us to our table and I handed her my vouchers. She handed them back and went back to standing at the door. After waiting quite a while a male waiter came over to give us menus. I explained we were on vouchers and wouldn't need them. He moved outside to stand and chat to the girl. After 5 mins I went outside and asked of he could bring us our glasses of wine. He did. We wanted to order a mineral water but the 2 waiters never came near us so it didnt happen. The platters were very tasty, great variety and well done. I would have ordered more wine but again didnt want to get up to chase a waiter. We ate and decided after they cleared the platters without a word that we would have desert and coffee somewhere more welcoming.

JustineC1, Manager at Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Away247,
Thank you so much for purchasing one of our on-line deals and for your honest appraisal of Yellowfin, I am so sorry that your experience was less than welcoming. That is not the level of service that we are usually proud to offer so it is clear we have dropped the ball on this occasion. I have passed your feedback through to the manager of Yellowfin as there is either a training or under-staffing issue that needs some attention - thank you for letting us know.
I hope that you will give us a second chance to make a better impression - feel free to contact me any time if you would like to come back, I know we can do better and it would be my pleasure to take care of your future bookings myself.
Kind regards,
Justine Clarke
Marketing Manager

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We've visited Yellowfin probably half a dozen times in the last couple of years, and always leave satisfied.

Nice, fresh seafood, and friendly staff.

I requested a slight change to my dish off the menu, and they happily obliged, and the meal was fantastic.

Good choice of food for the kids.

A little expensive if you were eating later in the evening, but we dine early for the discount.

JustineC1, Manager at Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Lizwis,
Thank you so much for your continued support of Yellowfin, we are so grateful that you visit time and time again and always leave satisfied. I hope that we continue to impress you and we look forward to your next visit!
Kind regards,
Justine Clarke
Marketing Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Take your own wine which is a great saver and also watch out for shopper dockets which five you a free main course to the value of $30. Prompt service am the children's orders were brought out first and quickly. Staff were very friendly and food was well cooked and presented.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

While on holiday we went to the Yellowfin for dinner as the website and advertising we had seen looked great. When we arrived it looked nothing like it did on the website. It could benefit from a tidy up. No friendly greeting, just told where to sit. Menus arrive and not told of any specials. Drinks order was taken asked for advise on the wine but felt we were more of a nuisance. We ordered our food and when the entrees arrived we were impressed and they were great, then the mains arrived, what a disappointment. Signature dish of tuna was over cooked and like rubber, bugs and prawns, were swimming in a tomatoe sauce, for the price this was not good value for money as only got 1 and half bugs and maybe 5 prawns. Desserts were not offered and we asked for a cab to be called and was told no, you have to see the hostess who forgot about us, overall experience 1 out of 10.

2  Thank Claudia W
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Well presented foods, great location to eat out, ME and my family enjoyed the experience eating outside at Yellowfin, great staff. look out for the discount coupons.