“Great food, great staff, great menu”

Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 289 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WINNER - BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT 2014 GC Bulletin Readers Poll WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2013 STATE WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2010 & 2011 Restaurant & Caterers Association Awards for Excellence WINNER - Queensland's Favourite Seafood Restaurant 2010 I Love Food Awards - Lifestyle Channel, Foxtel At Yellowfin the focus is on serving the absolute freshest fish available at a reasonable price with impeccable service and well-trained staff. Meat eaters are also well catered for and we also offer a diverse range of fresh pastas, tasty desserts and a children's menu. With an extensive wine list, Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant offers a truly memorable wine and food experience enhanced by seemingly effortless, efficient service.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The menu was great and the food even better. The staff were really helpful and gave good recommendations. I would 100% visit again and recommend it to my friends.

1  Thank BT4112010

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently dined at Yellowfin with another couple and were appalled by the service we received. Our waitress, who seemed to be managing the restaurant on that Monday, seemed intent on getting us served and out of the restaurant. Tables and chairs were being stacked around us at 8pm.

The food was delicious, although at the prices charged to be expected.

I would not return and certainly would not recommend Yellowfin.

1  Thank Gerberworld
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I have been to this resto many many times,& I always go for the same dish, the Snapper.
The fish is always cooked to perfection,& the accompanying veg are always a winner!

Recently, I found myself going back to the resto, without my hubby in tow this time, & decided to be adventurous & try something completely different.

First off I ordered the Crab Stack entree; when it arrived, I was taken aback as to it's impressive presentation.
With lots of lettuce around the stack, I started thinking I should have just ordered it as a main instead.
But in actual fact, it was light & very crispy-but a disappointment; the dish itself was very dry,& could have done with some light vinaigrette to moisten it.
(I had ordered a glass of wine with my meal,& by the time I'd finished the entree, my glass was near empty, as I had to moisten my mouth constantly!)

As a main, I had chosen one of the most expensive dishes on the menu-the Bugs & Prawns with rice.
Yet again, a big disappointment; the fish had come with a tomato ragout sauce, which had completely overpowered the taste of the bugs & prawns.
It would have made more sense to have served the ingredients with a light white wine & cream sauce instead, which would have complemented the fresh seafood.

Once finished, I had alot of the ragout sauce left over on the plate,& requested just a couple of slices of bread to mop it all up with.

The waiter came back informing me that the only bread they had was of the turkish variety. When that arrived, it was overly crisp, with some burnt,& I was slugged $6.90 for it-the cost for mopping up that sauce!

Overall, my meal out was OK-a bit more thought into the entree wouldn't go amiss,& a re-think on that tomato sauce with the main,& including some side bread with it, would be a step in the right direction.

A big big shame, as I do love this resto.

I will be going back again, but will stick with the Snapper from now on!

2  Thank JessPTW
Reviewed September 14, 2012

after spending 17 days in the gold coast, and have also dined here 2 years ago, we again loved the meals, tasty, juicy and delicious and also 40 per cent off meal only between 5-6pm, we dined here twice during our stay, great service and awesome meals

1  Thank pauline m
Reviewed August 13, 2012

On Sunday evening we checked out all the other restaurants on this strip, but the menu at this one took our eye. We weren't disappointed. My husband did not feel like fish, so had the lamb fillet with cous-cous while I had the special - barramundi - also with cous-cous and lemon butter. Both meals were very generous in size and delicious! The service was pleasant and attentive apart from at the end, when we had to wait quite a while before someone took our payment. The ambience was fine (I loved the fish tanks), and the big heaters kept us warm. It was good to see the restaurant well patronised even on a Sunday evening.

1  Thank Lynne H