“A nice fishy find!”

Ranked #21 of 304 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WINNER - BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT 2014 GC Bulletin Readers Poll WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2013 STATE WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2010 & 2011 Restaurant & Caterers Association Awards for Excellence WINNER - Queensland's Favourite Seafood Restaurant 2010 I Love Food Awards - Lifestyle Channel, Foxtel At Yellowfin the focus is on serving the absolute freshest fish available at a reasonable price with impeccable service and well-trained staff. Meat eaters are also well catered for and we also offer a diverse range of fresh pastas, tasty desserts and a children's menu. With an extensive wine list, Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant offers a truly memorable wine and food experience enhanced by seemingly effortless, efficient service.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

On Sunday evening we checked out all the other restaurants on this strip, but the menu at this one took our eye. We weren't disappointed. My husband did not feel like fish, so had the lamb fillet with cous-cous while I had the special - barramundi - also with cous-cous and lemon butter. Both meals were very generous in size and delicious! The service was pleasant and attentive apart from at the end, when we had to wait quite a while before someone took our payment. The ambience was fine (I loved the fish tanks), and the big heaters kept us warm. It was good to see the restaurant well patronised even on a Sunday evening.

1  Thank Lynne H

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hoping to find a decent seafood restaurant in Broadbeach, we did a fair amount of research here on TripAdvisor before heading out. Yellowfin stood out for its good reviews, but we noticed that the bad reviews were pretty uniform. We didn't plan on eating anywhere in particular, but my partner's parents fell for the 25% discount they were offering at the door. For 3 out of the 4 of us, the meals were a real disappointment. The various fish items the 3 of us had gotten were all overdone (the 4th had a pasta dish which was nice) - a major no-no at a place that supposedly specialized in seafood, and for one of the plates, the serving size was laughably small.
When the bill came, the discount was not taken into account (I was watching for this from what other people here had mentioned) and when we mentioned this to our server, she clearly looked annoyed at us.
The fish and chip joint in Broadbeach would've been a MUCH better place to eat (as we found out the following day).

1  Thank tyler t
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I compliment the Yellowfin Restaurant on its fine cuisine. My wife and I recently stayed in Broadbeach for a few days and found the restaurant by chance and ate there twice, dinner and lunch. Both times our meals were fantastic and the service, through our waitress Rachel was professional and courteous. If you have an employee incentive scheme, Rachel deserves recognition. We were delighted to have discovered Yellowfin and will recommend it to others. We hope to visit again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Four of us met here and had the special menu from the food promotion
Food was nice enough
Service was erratic
We were chatting but they kept 'at us' once we had eaten as they obviously wanted us gone
If they had been busy I wouldn't have minded but there was plenty of empty tables.

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you don't mind an unscrupulous manager who tries to rip every dollar off you, then I would highly recommend Yellowfin.

We ordered a set menu, a few starters and a kiddies meal. We specifically requested a second entree to be served as my lovely wife's main meal.

To cut a long story short, they refused to honour our voucher due to the "fine print" and when I queried why they charged me for my complimentary glass of wine, the manager, Jon Barrie arrogantly asked, "Would you care for a glass now?" after my wife and two little children had left the restaurant.

Had we ordered The seafood platter for two, the cost would have been $110, less the $50 voucher plus drinks and a kids pizza. Instead, we were slugged with a bill of $162 for...well basically fish & chips and my wife's "starter portion" lamb fillet.

If you would like to retain future customers, serious introspection is required Yellowfin!

3  Thank Ryanjava
JustineC1, Public Relations Manager at Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Ryan,
As you know we have communicated with each other since this review appeared on-line and have spoken about your experience and you have received our sincerest apologies for our poor handling of the situation on the evening. My management response to your comments on Trip Advisor is purely posted to clarify to other people reading this review of Yellowfin the circumstances under which we were not able to allow you to use the voucher you had purchased. You presented the voucher during Broadbeach Restaurant week and opted to dine from the special promotional set menu which gave you a 3 course dinner for only $35 - in this instance we are not able to allow a "double discount" and offer a further reduction as we do not allow vouchers to be used in conjunction with any other offers which is a condition that is stated on the voucher and this includes reduced set menus. It is truly regrettable that the situation wasn't handled to your satisfaction on the night and I am working on getting the cost of your voucher refunded to you from the Daily Deal company as we speak. I really look forward to welcoming you and your family back to one of our other establishments in the future and thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Warmest regards,