“great vegetarian options”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Caught up with friends for a casual meal and had a great night. Tables are well spaced with lots of wall dividers so ends up relatively private and good for conversation. One of our party was vegetarian and as you would expect at a good Indian restaurant there were lots of suitable options. After a selection of mouth watering entrees, we went for the dosas for main course as it's sometimes hard to find them done well. The masala/vegetarian dosa was delicious with gentle spice and lots of flavour.
The wine choices were adequate and the best part of the evening was that we were left to our own devices. Because we hadn't caught up for some time it took a while before we even got around to studying the menu and the staff were very accommodating and didn't rush us at all. They just said to wave when we were ready, which was great.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fantastic food and flavours. I don't know too much about Indian food but I know what I like and this is awesome!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fantastic meal with options to suit all diners. Good sized portions and helpful staff. Was within walking distance of our apartment, otherwise parking might have been a problem as it is on the corner of a busy intersection - currently lots of roadworks.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I liked the decor here, and was expecting fine dining... however, even before we were seated, we felt kind of like we were intruding!
the staff seemed a little indifferent, and our meals were not the fastest to arrive.
the food was good, but not the best Indian i have had (I am a big fan of Indian food, and it would take some effort to make something I wouldn't enjoy!).
I thought the price was fair, but not outstanding value... but if you want a curry in Broadbeach, and you aren't in a hurry, this isn't a bad option.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We dined at Saffron last weekend as part of a group of 9 guests, this was our first visit. Despite having prebooked the staff member seemed very vague upon our arrival and was hesitant to seat us. This vagueness was to continue thoughout the evening. Mixed up dishes, staff not communicating, no indian Beer at an Indian restaurant, they had run out! Be warned,the toilet facilities are 500 metres away. We were also charged for an extra dish we had not received. My advice, check your bill before paying here. Despite all of this the food was really quite good but I dont think I would bother returning, all too hard and plenty of others choices in Broadbeach.