“Busy cafe”

Ranked #5 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Broadbeach
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2015

A very busy café and had to queue for cake and coffee at 4.00pm one afternoon recently. Coffee good, cakes are pretty average, we had the Jaffa cake which was dry.
We had been to this café 8 years ago and thought it was better then. There are a lot more coffee places in broadbeach now.

Reviewed July 28, 2015 via mobile

A must visit spot for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a coffee and snacks anytime. Have never been disappointed with the food or service. A top notch spot with a view of the passing parade of locals and tourists. A quick walk to the beach after to help walk off the calories.

Reviewed July 16, 2015

Sorry Madison's but you're not what you used to be. Still busy and popular with locals, by the looks of it, but the coffee was very ordinary, service was brusque to the point of being dismissive, and tables were not particularly clean. We'll look elsewhere today - there's certainly no shortage of new options to try.

Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

Here on holiday with our young children, I contacted Madison's to arrange a cake for my husbands upcoming birthday. I phoned the cafe and was hung up on twice, not a great start. Without wanting to spoil the surprise, I went out to grab a few essentials with my 7 year old and 8 month old baby in tow and took them on a detour to Madison's. On arriving at the cafe, there was a beautiful array of individual slices and cakes in the display cabinet. So much to choose from! The 'pastry chef' was called to the front to assist me. An angry looking man appeared and his rude demeanor made it quite clear I was interrupting him. My option was a 'slab of mudcake'. Any other idea I suggested was given a resounding 'NO'. He was patronising and clearly had no intention of helping me. It was the most shocking service I have ever received. I walked away upset and without placing an order. Would not recommend.

2  Thank Srt113
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I am sure this place is relatively popular due to the vast selection of cakes, slices etc. but that's where it ends. Service is lack lustre especially from the older man who looks completely sour. He sure looks like he doesn't want to be there! And the queuing areas for your order/coffees is ridiculous. This place survives due to its prime location but nothing more.