“The worst sushi I have eaten”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibari Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #208 of 296 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were taken to our table and given menus and water. We were given adequate time to mull over then menus then waited, and waited and waited. Finally we caught someones attention 3rd time round. We placed out orders but the waiter seemed confused when we ordered 2 sashimi dishes and said they were the same. i pointed out one contained only salmon and sushi and the other a variety of fish and seafood. he simply said like we shoukd have read his mind "we have no white fish or seafood we have run out". So they were charging us the same price but the dish contained half the choice of fish...! They also had no prawns. It was 8pm on valentines day and they only had salmon and tuna available..... Not well organized !!!
Our food arrived but in no order, no miso soup and edamame beans for a starter they just rolled out half way through our meal. When we finally caught a waiters attention we were waived off and were told they were coming. Luckily it was sushi and was cold food already.
The rolls were so badly made a child could have done better. They were falling apart and too big to eat easily, the salmon was chewy and tasteless. The poor service just added to the disapointment.
This had to be the worst sushi I sadly have eaten.
As it was valentines day most neighboring restaurants had gone to the effort of putting up balloons, flowers or a small token of acknowledgement of romance. Not here. Barely a smile was offered. I would certainly not return here, nor recommend it.

12  Thank Selina H

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had never been before but the reviews were great.
I thought the food was OK. The miso was salty and I felt like there was alot of MSG in the food as I was very thirsty afterwards.
The setting was a bit dissapointing....our table wobbled all over the place and there were no table cloths on the aged tables.
On the positive, the raw fish was nice.
The pictures of the food was very different to how it was served.
The service was OK.
If you go I recommend you sit outside to soak up the ambience of the night.

11  Thank Greenjoy
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I have been going to hibari for the last few years now, and it is fantastic every single time! Great food and service!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had read the reviews on this restaurant going from great to plain, so decided to give it a go. WOW, the food was great, service was wonderful! Location was excellent. Had friends visiting from overseas and I was a little nervous on my choice after reading a couple of disappointing reviews. What we got was fantastic in ALL aspects! GREAT, we'll be back!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Friends took us to this very assuming japanese restaurant. The food was excellent, service was friendly and willing to please and the bill at the end of the night was just $210 for 8 adults and 2 children! Thanks