“Excellent food, great service!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibari Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 290 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The restaurant is a little small, there are only about 12 tables in the inside.. i love the lighting and big red lanterns, very japanese and comfy to dine in!

We had Sukiyaki, yaki duck, beef teriyaki and some other stir fried , they were delicious! The Yaki duck was amazing, best in gold coast!

The young waiter is very cute and speak beautiful english! Dont know his name but ill definitely go back again! The waitress has been very nice too.

Anyways, everything was nice and it totally worths going back!

3  Thank KimBowen

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We always eat here and have never been disappointed with any aspect of the restaurant, although the place looks a little out of date, but hey so does Champagne (just around the corner) and there food is excellent as well. This place puts the other so called Japanese places (I wouldn't dare call them restaurants out of respect to other restaurant owners) in Broadbeach to shame.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Dont be fooled by te size and menu board at this wonderful restaurant. Excellent god and service. On se nights you will find yourselves the only Westerners there. BYO ber and wine. Not to be missed

1  Thank Pedrovski
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Almost every time I eat at Hibari I order the Shabu Shabu. Great value, healthy and a fun way to eat with friends. The decor is nothing flash but the service is always consistent.

1  Thank Yvettesaf
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I had a "C set." It consists of 2 spring rolls, gingered pork, deep fried chicken, rice and miso soup. This was for $24.

The spring rolls were soaking in oil and had a burnt smell while eating it. It would have been better if the oil was changed or filtered regularly. The filling looked old and brown, probably sitting at the bottom of the freezer for weeks!

The main dish came out and what a disappointment. The pork was thinly sliced and mainly used in hot pot or 'shabu shabu' so I got a few pieces of thinly sliced frozen pork. It was covered with oil and some dark sauce that resembled teriyaki sauce. The pork was stir fried with sliced onions. That was it! Onion and pork, two visible ingredients. No ginger at all, nor did not taste like it had ginger.

There was a side of lettuce, three pieces of sliced cucumber and a wedge of tomato. There was that much oil on the plate, it mixed in the salad and was not pleasant. My deep fried chicken came out about 3 minutes later, where I have already tried to eat what I can of the pork.

The chicken was off, it smelt sour and was spoiled. It was absolutely disgusting and horrific. I could smell it when I used my fingers to get to the middle. The chicken was pink, not white as its supposed to be. I did not eat any of the chicken as I did not want food poisoning. They are lucky that im not oblivious to spoiled meat. I dont know how they can serve that to people who pay for their wages!

The pork dish was too salty and so was the miso soup. I was dying for water, my presumption is that they could be using MSG. This restaurant states its a Japanese restaurant but is actually owned and run by Chinese.

There is nothing wrong with that, but if your going to serve Japanese food, make sure it taste Japanese!

The service was good, the female waitress always had a smile on her face. She knew what she was doing and cleared our plates fast. She was a busy girl as she had to look after a big section of the restaurant.

All the reviews I have found and read are outdated. Some dating back to 2008. Save yourself your money and save a trip to the hospital.
This place has danger written all over it. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Yuck!

10  Thank max_critic