“Best Jaanese in Broadbeach”

Hibari Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #197 of 277 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Shepparton, Australia
“Best Jaanese in Broadbeach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Dont be fooled by te size and menu board at this wonderful restaurant. Excellent god and service. On se nights you will find yourselves the only Westerners there. BYO ber and wine. Not to be missed

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Pedrovski

Gold Coast
“I love the Shabu Shabu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Almost every time I eat at Hibari I order the Shabu Shabu. Great value, healthy and a fun way to eat with friends. The decor is nothing flash but the service is always consistent.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Yvettesaf
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Discusting! Not value for money. Will never go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

I had a "C set." It consists of 2 spring rolls, gingered pork, deep fried chicken, rice and miso soup. This was for $24.

The spring rolls were soaking in oil and had a burnt smell while eating it. It would have been better if the oil was changed or filtered regularly. The filling looked old and brown, probably sitting at the bottom of the freezer for weeks!

The main dish came out and what a disappointment. The pork was thinly sliced and mainly used in hot pot or 'shabu shabu' so I got a few pieces of thinly sliced frozen pork. It was covered with oil and some dark sauce that resembled teriyaki sauce. The pork was stir fried with sliced onions. That was it! Onion and pork, two visible ingredients. No ginger at all, nor did not taste like it had ginger.

There was a side of lettuce, three pieces of sliced cucumber and a wedge of tomato. There was that much oil on the plate, it mixed in the salad and was not pleasant. My deep fried chicken came out about 3 minutes later, where I have already tried to eat what I can of the pork.

The chicken was off, it smelt sour and was spoiled. It was absolutely disgusting and horrific. I could smell it when I used my fingers to get to the middle. The chicken was pink, not white as its supposed to be. I did not eat any of the chicken as I did not want food poisoning. They are lucky that im not oblivious to spoiled meat. I dont know how they can serve that to people who pay for their wages!

The pork dish was too salty and so was the miso soup. I was dying for water, my presumption is that they could be using MSG. This restaurant states its a Japanese restaurant but is actually owned and run by Chinese.

There is nothing wrong with that, but if your going to serve Japanese food, make sure it taste Japanese!

The service was good, the female waitress always had a smile on her face. She knew what she was doing and cleared our plates fast. She was a busy girl as she had to look after a big section of the restaurant.

All the reviews I have found and read are outdated. Some dating back to 2008. Save yourself your money and save a trip to the hospital.
This place has danger written all over it. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Yuck!

10 Thank max_critic
Wellington, New Zealand
“yummy Japanese food at a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We went to this Japanese restaurant upon the recommendation of the property manager of our apartment. It's very easy to find and carpark is not a problem as you can just park at the close-by Oasis Shopping Centre. IT's a small restaurant so booking is recommended. The food is very good and our favorite was Set D, which comes with a big entry of sashimi (apparently you can request for salmon only. It also came with beef tataki, excellent value. The waitresses were all very good. Overall we were very impressed with the food and service, and we went back the next day!