“Sanctuary Cove - great for lunch, not so for dinner.”

George's Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 297 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have always been a fan of the Sanctaury Cove establishment. I recently had lunch when the boat show was on, and the $20 I paid for the well cooked snapper/bug/prawn combo was outstanding value and great quality.

We went back for dinner last friday. The prices double for dinner, and it seems the quality of the preparation drops as well. My wifes plate (the same I had for lunch) had a piece of fish so overdone it was considered as useful as a football. We mentioned this to our waitress and were pretty much fobbed off. She was offered another piece, but this was way after we had all finished our food.

My meal was OK, but not outstanding, and everyone at the table agreed that the standards seem to have slipped in this iconic establishment.

Its LUNCH ONLY for me and the family from now on, when the prices reflect the value a bit better.

1  Thank Tagnbrag

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We dined here earlier this week, we were a group of 10 people, no booking, just walked in and they were very welcoming.

Service from Christian out the front was brilliant. Never left waiting for a waiter, he was always just at arms length, without being intrusive to our meals.

Drink service was 100% whenever a glass was nearing empty another was offered.

Now as for meals, we could not fault. Between the 10 of us we just about had the menu covered, everything from Oyster Entree to Calamari Rings, Salads to Steak to Kings Feast for mains, we covered most angles. And all were very pleased with size, presentation and flavour of meals.

So we just had to praise Georges Restaurant and hope to tell everyone what an awesome place this was. Cant wait to go back!

1  Thank BennyVK
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Entrees of prawn and scollops, a grilled seafood platter the best ever. beautiful deserts.complimentry ports after dinner. Table service was outstanding. allround a great place to eat and in the heart of Broadbeach

1  Thank KBCRUZIN
Reviewed August 10, 2012

You are made to feel very welcome from the moment you walk through the door. We ordered the Fish of the day and a veal scallopene dish, both were very tasty. Service was great.

1  Thank RoJa62
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Went to georges for tea last night and how good was is the BBQ prawns for entree were very flavorsome .I had the veal for main and that was excellent. My husband had the steak and that also was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend .